• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Saw something similar on twitter on Prem managers - let's do something for post-war Southend managers.

My take:

Paul Clark
Rob Newman
David Webb
Alvan Williams
Alan Little
Alvin Martin
Steve Wignall
Barry Fry
Stewart Robson
Ronnie Whelan
Mick Gooding
Frank Broome
Arthur Rowley
Dave Smith
Geoff Hudson
Steve Thompson
Paul Sturrock
Harry Warren
Phil Brown
Ernie Shepherd
Eddie Perry
Colin Murphy
Bobby Moore
Peter Morris
Dick Bate
Ted Fenton
Steve Tilson
Peter Taylor

It's a long list! Not too sure on some of the older managers - I know Williams was charged post-retirement so that's why he's so high. Personally, a top 3 of Clark, Newman and Webb is tough to beat.

I think you need some weight categories here - but I would gladly going into battle with Clark, Webb, Little and Thompson.

Saw something similar on twitter on Prem managers - let's do something for post-war Southend managers.

My take:

Paul Clark
Rob Newman
David Webb
Alvan Williams
Alan Little
Alvin Martin
Steve Wignall
Barry Fry
Stewart Robson
Ronnie Whelan
Mick Gooding
Frank Broome
Arthur Rowley
Dave Smith
Geoff Hudson
Steve Thompson
Paul Sturrock
Harry Warren
Phil Brown
Ernie Shepherd
Eddie Perry
Colin Murphy
Bobby Moore
Peter Morris
Dick Bate
Ted Fenton
Steve Tilson
Peter Taylor

It's a long list! Not too sure on some of the older managers - I know Williams was charged post-retirement so that's why he's so high. Personally, a top 3 of Clark, Newman and Webb is tough to beat.

Our season has already started you know! :winking:

Is it when they were managing us, as they are now, or as they were in their prime?

If its a lads night out sometimes its best to have a peace maker rather than a brawler. I mean who would hit Bobby Moore. Or how about Taylor and Tilson to calm the drunken ladies who often make things worse. PB would have course all ready pulled and be in a cab.

Last edited:
If its a lads night out sometimes its best to have a peace maker rather than a brawler. I mean who would hit Bobby More. Or how about Taylor and Tilson to calm the drunken ladies who often make things worse. PB would have course all ready pulled and be in a cab.

PB would be wearing his pink sweater.

Colin Murphy would be near the top , be difficult to beat up a man with such thick skin !!

Whilst Judas would undoubtedly fight dirty and claim to be walking away only to throw a suckerpunch, I'd take Tilly in a fight over him every day.

Tilly was in decent shape so a simple rope-a-dope strategy would see F*y run away up the M1 or have a heart attack. Remember, Tilly also has previous for brawling (I think he had something like a 3 month ban from an incident at Witham) and when things kicked off in the Anglo-Italian Tilly was in the thick of the 21 man brawls whilst his manager was just cheerleading from the sides. He could slide tackle Judas and then paddle him into submission with his table tennis bats.

Seeing how far down the ranking he is I'd probably also take an each-way bet on Mick Gooding. Had his tenure been longer then I think he'd have been a bit more favoured in this contest.

Whilst Judas would undoubtedly fight dirty and claim to be walking away only to throw a suckerpunch, I'd take Tilly in a fight over him every day.

Tilly was in decent shape so a simple rope-a-dope strategy would see F*y run away up the M1 or have a heart attack. Remember, Tilly also has previous for brawling (I think he had something like a 3 month ban from an incident at Witham) and when things kicked off in the Anglo-Italian Tilly was in the thick of the 21 man brawls whilst his manager was just cheerleading from the sides. He could slide tackle Judas and then paddle him into submission with his table tennis bats.

Seeing how far down the ranking he is I'd probably also take an each-way bet on Mick Gooding. Had his tenure been longer then I think he'd have been a bit more favoured in this contest.

Yeah Tilly is quite a hard bloke from what I've heard. Danny Greaves told me he was feared in the vets league when they played together.

Fair enough re Tilly. I forgot his role in the Anglo Italian.

Back