• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Is the Zone protected from the latest ransomware called "WannaCry" that attacks Windows operating systems and infecting them around the world?

Serious question, as I do not want to loose my Shrimpers football fix.

Is this Pandemic which has now spread to over 100 countries, is it that contagious, can it infect home PC's, Laptops, and Smartphones etc?

Looks like the NHS will have to treat itself now that it has caught this nasty virus, just hope the waiting list is not to long.

If you're running something as old as Windows XP then you're asking for trouble.

Every year ransomware comes up on Shrimperzone!

You need to pay up or the site could fold 'cos it is not a charity!

All done very nicely of course.:thumbsup:

Never do.Certainly not those with attachments.:smile:

Opening the email isn't really an issue. Opening the attachment is. When I say open the email, I'm talking about allowing it into your inbox. You can't help that, and you can read it from the preview pane without having to worry. Just don't open any attachments.

The thing that seems to catch my dad out is an attachment from a friend. He'll open those without looking at where his friend received it from. If it's a chain then it's best avoided also. In the past I've even gone as far as to ask one or two prolific friends to stop sending them to me.

Back