• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rant: new kit

Any more from Southend point of view wether or not humphrys is departing?

Any more from Southend point of view wether or not humphrys is departing?
C'mon fella, I can see you're new here and you're very welcome to join in the conversations, but try posting questions under a thread that bears some resemblance to what you're talking about please!

Sorry i just read up the thread and someone mentioned how he liked the kit on twitter yet they don't think he will be there?

Sorry i just read up the thread and someone mentioned how he liked the kit on twitter yet they don't think he will be there?

I don’t expect him to stay. I think he’d like a fresh start, preferably back oop north somewhere.

He has had interest in him, but with finances as they currently are, clubs may not be willing to splash the cash to meet our valuation, (especially considering Ron Martin - our owner - doesn’t particular like letting players go on the cheap, if he can help it).

If someone matches Ron’s valuation, then Hump will be gone.

However, he does have a year left on his contract, so there is no rush for Ron to sell right now, and in the meantime, I’m hoping that he can persuade Hump to stay.

Time will tell.

Real rant on a very tiny detail coming now: Launching our kit in late July is great. Everyone loves it and wants one. But now we have to wait 2 weeks for it to go on sale (and even then for pre-orders)? How many people would have bought one on impulse loving the new design but will have forgotten about it or decided not to by the time 2 weeks have passed? Would it really have been that difficult to have a website set up to take pre-orders?

Last edited:
Real rant on a very tiny detail coming now: Launching our kit in late July is great. Everyone loves it and wants one. But now we have to wait 2 weeks for it to go on sale (and even then for pre-orders)? How many people would have bought one on impulse loving the new design but will have forgotten about it or decided not to by the time 2 weeks have passed? Would it really have been that difficult to have a website set up to take pre-orders?
Now that's more like it! :Winking:

My favourite three Southend United sponsors:

(1) Elonex
(2) Laing
(3) Insure and Go

How about yours?

1. Motorplan
2. Firholm
3. Wyndham Plastics

My favourite all time shirt sponsor for any club is Rochdale with the 'All in one Garden Centre' featuring a massive watering can.https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/retrokitvote/
Actually looking at that link the watering can wasn't as big as I thought!

This is the only thing I can't get my head around either. When we saw the first teasers on the 24th we may as well have seen the whole thing then if we still couldn't actually order it

For the record I will still buy it but Manor is right, people no longer have that urge of an impulse purchase

1. Motorplan
2. Firholm
3. Wyndham Plastics

My favourite all time shirt sponsor for any club is Rochdale with the 'All in one Garden Centre' featuring a massive watering can.https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/retrokitvote/
Actually looking at that link the watering can wasn't as big as I thought!

Firholm is a great call. They would knock Insure and Go out of my top three.

Back