• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RAS BOL! The Yellow Vest Brigade

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President
A nice bit of anarchy in France today. We are fortunate to live in a democracy which allows free speech and the right to demonstrate. That should not permit restrictions on other people freedom to circulate and commerce to work properly. The demonstrations today were supposed to be 'non political' what I saw today was well (politically) organised. Both the extreme-right and the extreme-left were backing today's action. I trust, when they spoke together they will have found they had a lot in common!
I certainly don't agree with everything Macron's government does but they are legally elected, so if you disagree, voté them out next time. Please don't confuse protest with anarchy.
Whilst there should be sympathy for those who are struggling to make ends meet, I'm left wondering whether those unaligned individuals with genuine concerns, who attended todays demos, were not being exploited by others with political ends. Les Gilets Jaune (yellow vests), from what I heard and saw, blocked the entries to three supermarkets in Saint Gaudens and in the end the total number of protesters were about 280,000 in the whole of France.
Looking at news broadcasts there were two things that struck me. Firstly, there was absolutely no political identification on any of the protesters today. This is very unusual in a french demo and clearly intentional as to make believe that all the protesters were non-aligned. Secondly, and the give away. was that all the barricades appeared almost identical in construction, indicating to me that there was serious organisation behind the action and not a spontaneous reaction from a number inindividuals.