• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rate the Players!

Pubey

Collis - 6.5 - don't think he really stood a chance with either of the goals and did well in the shootout. wasn't the most assured from set pieces though

Hunt - 6 - his lack of concentration was arguably the cause of the 2nd, however some great play in the 1st half

Clarke - 5.5 - had a poor game by his standards, horrorshow moments as usual and whilst passing was good i would be tempted to start trying to form a richards/barrett partnership for our league games

Barrett - 6 - thought he did ok at LB but definitely cant be considered there for anything apart from emergencies

Foran - 7 - scored a great goal and was superb in the air. needs to look up a bit but worked hard. hope to see him get a chance up front as i think he is a good all round player. backed him for 1st scorer too!

McCormack - 5.5 - had a poor game, scored a good goal and then blazed a pen over the bar.

Bailey 7 - Really good game, my only worry is that he could well be gone at christmas if he carries on playing so well! got all the attributes IMO

Black - 7 - really creative and whilst lacked a bit of concentration at times and drifted in and out of the game, looked the most likely to create something

Harrold - 7 - led the line really well, linked up well and was unlucky not to get a goal

Odihambo - 6.5 - wasn't breathtaking but all things considered, did really well. does seem to have something about him but feel that at the moment he is down the order until he gets up to speed

subs:

hooper and macdonald - 6.5 - both did well and both had good chances to score

yeah about right i'd say!

agree on odihambo, bailey and foran!

shame about macca, must be gutted.. don't think he deserved it

whoops!

richards - 6.5 - strong in the air and positionally assured. distribution is poor but that is the last thing im worried about with him, as long as he can pass to barrett or clarke he'll do well

Seems a fair assessment, JT.

Richards will cost us a fortune in footballs!

Can't be bothered with comments:

Collis - 6

Hunt - 6
Barrett - 8
Richards - 7.5
Clarke - 5

Black - 7
Foran - 7.5
McCormack - 6
Bailey - 8

Harrold - 7
Odhiambo - 6.5

MacDonald & Hooper did well when they came on. Looked like they'd been told to run a lot and chase down the Dagenham backline whenever they had the ball. That said, people go on about early substitutions and I wonder whether they would have got back into it had we not made our changes and altered the way we were playing. If it ain't broke....

People moan about early substitutions, late ones, none at all - can't win sometimes.

People moan about early substitutions, late ones, none at all - can't win sometimes.

Very true. I was just making the point that changing things when you're winning and looking comfortable (which Tilly was criticised strongly on here for not doing) can sometime backfire. Like it did tonight.

Dont think the subs changed much at all, except that Hoops or MaccyD should have scored and made it 3-1.

The only disappointment we take from this game is that we failed to kill them off with a third goal.

And in perspective, Sat is more important against the Gills.

I was in agreement with the subs tonight. Hoops and MacDonald had more attempts in their 15 minutes then Harrold and Odhiambo did in their 75. Unfortunately none of them went in, but they provided fresh legs and Harrold must be knackered at the moment, whilst that was Odhiambo's first ever senior start and he was playing against tough, seasoned defenders.

Richards!?

Fair to average. Not bad in air positiong ok too. But BEWARE..... Very good at hoofing the ball if you like that sort of thing , I would advise anyone sitting in first 20 rows of East or West stand to get their personal insurace topped up if Richards is playing Sat. He seems to like hitting the ball into crowd Very very hard.

Back