• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Out Of 10?

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 1.6%

Votes: 4 1.6%

Votes: 32 13.0%

Votes: 85 34.6%

Votes: 100 40.7%

Votes: 16 6.5%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Bart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SUFCStu

President
So we came up via the playoffs through the skin of our teeth, so to be safe so soon was great.

But then 3 wins in 16 was a very very poor return. So I will be say a 6.5

I scored a 5 as the results were as good as I hoped for but the apparent failure to keep key players or get a decent fee for them takes the gloss off for me.

I just hope that next season (my first in 5 years - yay) is one that irrelevant of results, is one where it's the Team that is making the headlines and is the most important aspect rather than the Manager.

If there is one thing to learn from the way that Leicester conducted their season it surely is that.

I voted a 6 (above average), but in hindsight I think we deserved to be a 7, considering we spent half of the season flirting with the play off's on our first return to League One for many years.

I voted a 6 (above average), but in hindsight I think we deserved to be a 7, considering we spent half of the season flirting with the play off's on our first return to League One for many years.

You need top counter that with the dross served up in the last 3 months. 3 wins out of 16 and lost the last 5 on the bounce. I'd give the first half 7 and the second half 3 so average of 5

Sorry, but the last half of the season and Brown's antics soured a good first half.

Voted 7, I always felt we could hold our own and felt it would be a season of consolidation.
This has been achieved, but for me the worry was more flirting relegation as opposed to the play-offs.
Grateful the former never looked like happening thanks to a good start,Second half of the season I will erase and look to next season and I feel a busy summer,Not disgraced ourselves and plenty to build on U.T.B:thumbsup:

Bit of a funny one really - we comfortably stayed up and achieved some good results, particularly in the first half of the season. I have got to be honest and say that in the matches I have attended, I have not really enjoyed the match in terms of our style and we have turned into a side which really lacks flair. Overall a six as we are in League one and can hopefully build for next season.

It's got to be a 7 rating for getting 6 points off Col Ewe, them being relegated and us beating Burton at home. And finally this was a better season than I was expecting , and I saw Wordsworth score goals at Roots Hall.

At the start of this season we'd have taken where we've finished up all day long. Despite being one of the favourites for relegation, we've not flirted with that end of the table at all....on the contrary, we've looked to be challenging for the play off places at one point.

Yes, I know the 2nd half of the season has been disappointing but think about what they've contended with. Luck's not been particularly with us and we've had key players out injured for long periods. Last season they had a shorter break because of Wembley, this season they can clear off toward the end of this week and know they've got until 4th July to get some decent rest in ahead of pre-season.

There's been some bad stuff, yes, and the form in this 2nd half has been poor but we have players who can score goals, we just have to make sure we have the players on the pitch to help create them. 6 points off the Ewes has to worth something too, let alone a stunning performance against a team with one of the biggest budgets in the division live on Sky (luckily for us we were in the Centre Circle Lounge for that - which was great!). A solid 7 for me.

I went with 6. A league position I would have settled with at the start of the season, however a lot of the games haven't entertained me very much. We look a bit predictable with our sideways passing then eventual launch forward from the keeper. PB put a good squad together though, and beating Col U at their place on Boxing Day was good fun.

To whoever voted "1"...what would you have voted if we had been relegated ? :unsure:

I voted 7

Pros:
  • Not relegated
  • 6pts off Col U
  • Col U relegated
  • Some big crowds down at RH & average attendance up
  • Great run of form from Jack Payne

Cons:
  • Bottled it somewhat at the end of the season
  • Payne (and to some extent Bentley) to leave the club
  • Col U relegated and no derbies next year
  • Brown's work in the transfer market is not good enough and needs to improve

I'd give it a 7 overall. We've shown that we belong in this division and have had some very impressive results against big clubs like Sheffield United, Coventry, Barnsley. There have been highlights - doing the double over Col U is an obvious one as well as the 5-2 win at Oldham which I had the pleasure of attending. On a personal note I also ticked five new grounds off my list.

It's disappointing how it's ended, falling from the verge of the play-offs to 15th, and I do have concerns about next season given that we're going to lose our best two players. But before the start of the season I think most of us just wanted consolidation and we've been in the top half of the table for most of the season so we've got to be satisfied with that.

Last edited:
Seven for me also. A poop finish no doubt but so much good work before hand. Boxing day at col ewe was an amazing day...then beating them again at home. Flirting with the play offs.

Gave it a six purely for September-December but I dread to think what I'll be rating next season if it carries on like this.

I gave it an 8 , being generous ...yes! .But SUFC did everything i wanted ,they didnt flirt with relegation instead flirted with the playoffs for quite a long time,beat COL EWE twice,shame they are being relegated as always good reading the threads on derby games.:thumbsup:.Only hope now that PB can get the players required for a promotion push next season.

Solid 7 for me. Consolidated position in the league and a yet another good run in the JPT, anything on top was always
going to be a bonus. Never viewed the play-offs as a serious possibility.

6/10, while acknowledging that's possibly *slightly* harsh. Maybe the two wins over Col Ewe should have nudged it up to 7/10...

I'd have been happy with 15th back in August (or indeed early September, when we still hadn't won a game) but to end up there after spending so long in the top eight, is disappointing.

Worth remembering we fell at the first hurdle in the two major cups, albeit we had two unfavourable draws. I do like a good cup run and have no truck with the 'distracting from the league campaign' nonsense.

I gave a solid 7... we established ourselves in the league & showed at times we are more than a match for the "bigger" clubs in the division. 6 points of Col U was ofcourse a bonus! We were never flirting with relegation once the league got going and were always looking up towards the play-offs until the last 10 games or so!

All in all, a solid first season back in League One... solid foundations laid and now time to push on from here! As above, let's hope PB can get the right type of players on-board and push for the play-offs next year! :thumbsup:

Probably a 5.

Slightly below expectations for league finish - top half wasn't unrealistic although at least we're not Col Ewe (something which I'm sure we all wake up grateful for) but more concerning was the direction of travel. We actually got worse as the season progressed, not better.

Back