• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Out Of 10?

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 1.6%

Votes: 4 1.6%

Votes: 32 13.0%

Votes: 85 34.6%

Votes: 100 40.7%

Votes: 16 6.5%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Bart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A 7 for me. I understand that the club has to make the right noises about going for promotion again, but I'm pretty sure that Ron and PB would quietly have confided that a comfortable consolidation of progress would be a successful season.

I'm pleased to see that most have scored the season firmly in the 'acceptable' range, and I hope that anybody from the club who reads this board notes that a few voluble critics of not just performance but motives don't constitute a majority opinion by any stretch.

Solid 7 for me. Consolidated position in the league and a yet another good run in the JPT, anything on top was always
going to be a bonus. Never viewed the play-offs as a serious possibility.
How did we have a good run in the JPT? We beat a couple of League 2 teams and then got knocked out...

I'd give it a 6. Being in and around the play offs for a few months, doing the double over Col U and big wins against the likes of Millwall, Sheffield United, Barnsley (away) and Coventry were great but the last few months and another season of no meaningful cup runs were a dissapointment to say the least.

SEVEN, sorry forced to watch Strictly (for those who know).

Stayed well clear of relegation, could have been much better last 3 months, but already exceeded my expectations, so happy with that.
As for promotion/playoffs I firmly believe that we would have struggled big time in the Championship, and had a season from hell, consolidation and improvement expected know though.

I think 6 is a fair mark, must be in the positive side as we stayed up comfortably in the end. No more than that, due to loosing our last 5 games. How anyone on here can predict how we'll do next season is beyond me. In all my years of being a fan, it's nearly always been "take it one season at a time" There is no plan, no continuity over 3 to 4 seasons. We are an unfashionable club, with the "ups and downs" and unpredictability of our league status. Still love it though.

6 for me.

Achieved League 1 safety which was my hope for this season.
Briefly flirted with promotion play-offs which was beyond my expectations.
Great start to the season but seemed to lose the plot in the second part of the season.

My dream is we keep Bentley and Payne and kick-on next year for a real promotion challenge.

A 7 for me. Finishing 15th should mean its a 6 but I think we have had a better season than that. Of course its a disappointing finish but there has been plenty of games in the last few weeks where we played well enough to get more from the game than the results have suggested.

I have had some fantastic away days at places like Coventry, Millwall, Gillingham, Sheffield U, Col U and Peterborough. They were all more enjoyable because we were never in danger of relegation and from some really good support so well done to all those that have travelled. You have made my away days a 9.

7 simply because we are a newly promoted side.

Finish in this position next season and wont deserve the same score.

A 7 for me. Finishing 15th should mean its a 6 but I think we have had a better season than that. Of course its a disappointing finish but there has been plenty of games in the last few weeks where we played well enough to get more from the game than the results have suggested.

I have had some fantastic away days at places like Coventry, Millwall, Gillingham, Sheffield U, Col U and Peterborough. They were all more enjoyable because we were never in danger of relegation and from some really good support so well done to all those that have travelled. You have made my away days a 9.

I echo your sentiments regarding away days and the quality of the support, would give that a 10 though :winking:

I've enjoyed the season. Different grounds, teams not coming here trying to grind out a 0-0 draw and some decent players. Some cracking games v Bury, Sheffield, Coventry and Colchester at the Hall. With few exceptions away days were fantastic, especially given the amount of miles we travelled.

I'd have taken 59 points and 15th back in August, and it says something that by May I am disappointed that's all we got. I'm still not sure PB knows what his best team is. Lol.

A solid 7 for me.

the comments about the fun away days make me realise my 6/10, as I feared originally, was perhaps excessively grumpy.

I didn't go to loads, but I had great fun at Cov, Sheff Utd and Peterborough. Slightly less so at Swindon, but it's not always about the football is it?

I didn't go to loads, but I had great fun at Cov, Sheff Utd and Peterborough. Slightly less so at Swindon, but it's not always about the football is it?

Thankfully not, or very few of us would still be here! :smile:

I am going to be controversial and say 5, maybe 5.5. I didn't expect to go down so it's not a surprise to be that we were not relegated. The awful run we have just been on was unexpected. We didn't have any meaningful cup run and are about to loose our best two players and no new fans favourite has come in to take their place ( Barnet , but only on a good day). It would have great if smith could have come in and been brilliant and given us a lift but that was unrealistic and didn't happen. Bridge we have not seen enough off. Browns formations have confused everyone and the Bolton pantomime was a disaster for us. From time to time we have shown we can play some great stuff, but it has not been often enough. I love to dream and look at burton and ask " why couldn't we do that". I am less confident looking forward to next year than I was a year ago.

6 from me.

Finished exactly where I thought we would, so no issues there.

Showed some good stuff at times.

But, the alarming drop not only in performances, but I think effort from some since Xmas is worrying and not on. We finished closer to relegation than the play-offs in the end, which is ridiculous considering we were in and around them for a fair period. Is that the players, the manager or both?......I care not, but it needs to be sorted this summer or we are in big trouble next season.

Would of given a 7 if it were not for the awful 2nd half and the antics of Brown.

At the start of the season I would have taken where we are. Only made the Millwall game (away). Shame about the end of the season I guess, but I'd take maybe mid-table next season and a push for the play offs the following one.

Back