• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ratings from someone who went to Rovers

leeblue

Members⭐
Collis 6 didnt have much to do really
Hunt 5.5 did look a bit shaky at times but done ok
Clarke 7 dealt with most things well
Richards 6 again won his headers and got rid of the ball
Barrett 7 Not as attacking as usual but sound at the back
Bailey 4 for 1st half he was awful but will give 6.5 for 2nd half display
Maher 6 again was pressured out of the game 1st half but found space 2nd
Gower 6 No one passed to the bloke in the first half but more involved 2nd
Macca 6.5 put himself about as usual and was always in thick of it
Harrold 4 Hardly any point in him being on pitch last night
Clarke 7 not one of his better displays but lovely finish

Adimombioodoo 6.5 came on and caused a few problems
Black 6 gave us some much needed width

Crowd- about 180/200 made the trip most of us on open terrace getting rained on I ****ing loved it

Looked about 300 to me. 250-odd getting soaked on the terrace and about 50 wise people who took the covered seating option.

Got to say I really feel if we could keep Leon and find a partner for him then I really feel we have the makings of a crackng side.

Stewards - 2. Directed the happybus to go straight ahead at the traffic lights, where it was actually a fork junction. Compounded the error by saying "Shut up, Oi'm trying to helps you." Poor, poor efort.

Kebab (The Bristol Fryer) - 7. Wonderful taste but just lacking in fulfillment. Needs an extra dimension.

Clubhouse - 9. Roomy and comfortable, with cheap drinks, and threw out the riff-raff Shrimpers support. Only black spot was the odour of chips emanating from the plebs bar across the hallway.

Food kiosk - 10. Fantastic norks. Nuff said.

Police - 8. Wondrous entertainment. Stuck on the M4, a policeman strode out of the mist, the dark and the rain, tapped on the bus window, said "Oi'm afraid you're in Limbolaaaaaand" and then walked off. We were left to sit and ponder why we were in the middle of a Steven King novel.

I thought on the whole we were poor last night. Alright, it was wet but it's the same for both teams, and other than Lewis Hunt's effort (made to look better than it was) we didn't trouble their keeper at all.
I thought it was an absolute steal.
Agreed about Harrold. Feel sorry for him, but he's just not good enough at the end of the day and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep encouraging him just because he wears the shirt.
Thank God for Clarke cos without him I'm convinced we'd be bottom half.
We are not playing well and still sit in 3rd. Happy days.

I thought on the whole we were poor last night. Alright, it was wet but it's the same for both teams, and other than Lewis Hunt's effort (made to look better than it was) we didn't trouble their keeper at all.
Agreed about Harrold. Feel sorry for him, but he's just not good enough at the end of the day and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep encouraging him just because he wears the shirt.

At last, a realist. Surely anyone other than Harrold! Macdonald, Hoops, Broughton?

Collis 6 didnt have much to do really
Hunt 5.5 did look a bit shaky at times but done ok
Clarke 7 dealt with most things well
Richards 6 again won his headers and got rid of the ball
Barrett 7 Not as attacking as usual but sound at the back
Bailey 4 for 1st half he was awful but will give 6.5 for 2nd half display
Maher 6 again was pressured out of the game 1st half but found space 2nd
Gower 6 No one passed to the bloke in the first half but more involved 2nd
Macca 6.5 put himself about as usual and was always in thick of it
Harrold 4 Hardly any point in him being on pitch last night
Clarke 7 not one of his better displays but lovely finish

Adimombioodoo 6.5 came on and caused a few problems
Black 6 gave us some much needed width

Crowd- about 180/200 made the trip most of us on open terrace getting rained on I ****ing loved it

blimey similar to my ratings from the chatroom...:eek:

From what Ive heard Bristol Rovers didnt have a shot all game so no matter how well we played cant see how we didnt deserve a draw.

Im happy that despite not really playing well we can still be sitting in 3rd, imagine what we can achieve if we start putting some decent performances together!

I have to say, I have stuck up for Matty Harrold since day one, as I think he does bring something to the team in the form of being able to hold the ball up and make the odd intelligent pass in the final third. He also wins a fair few headers, but I do agree that even for a bit-part striker, he needs to score more goals. Not sure where we go with him...

With regard to the game, my motto is that if Maher has a bad game, generally, everybody follows suit, and that was pretty much the case for me. Our passing was a mixture of hopeless direct nothing balls, and suicide short passing in dangerous areas, and the draw was an absolute steal, albeit against a less than average side.

For what it is worth, I thought Lewis Hunt had an abysmal game, and I really cannot understand what he brings to the team. He was a decent utility sub in League 2, but not for me anymore thanks.

I love Steve Tilson, and this is not an impulse dig based purely on last night, but when will he start to make subs at an earlier stage in the game?
Mark Gower was clearly struggling last night, yet he took Macca off and brought Black on. The only reason I could see for such a move was Macca's inability to not get booked and make himself a liability all the time. Otherwise, Gower should have been subbed at half time based on that shocker.

Rant over......

Incidentally, I got to bed by 3.20am, and had to get up at 5.45am to go to Coventry on business, but despite the moans and groans, it was definitely worth it :thump:

Last edited:
Well done to everyone who turned out & got wet last night but commiserations to the guy in front of me who left with five minutes to go!

We were very poor last night but Bristol Rovers were absolutely shocking. They hoofed the ball long at every possible opportunity and hoped that they would get scraps - they scored with yet another penalty. We deserved the point because we were the better team in the 2nd half.

I personally would have taken a point at the start of the evening and I must say it was the sweetest point just because it was deep into the five minutes of injury time that Rovers caused through continual feigning of injury and time wasting. There were at least six occasions when Rovers players went down and on each occasion stayed down for at least a minute and a half. The players being substituted sauntered off - Albert Steptoe moved quicker than them. To cap it off they then tried to waste further time by taking a free kick early in injury time - the guilty player getting booked - but got given the free kick to take again!! I was a racing car - until the glorious few seconds of Hunty's cross - Clarke (P) knock down and Leon's finish. Was loving their snail like pace to run back to the half way line after the goal!!

Marky G was off colour and was lucky not to get sent off for a mad ten minutes in the first half. Was amazed he was brought off.

In defence of Harrold - what quality ball did he get when he was on? He was living off scraps and was expected to chase aimless balls into the corner. He didn't effect the game - but Clarke didn't set the world alight in the first half. We did look better when Eric came on - but the whole team were beginning to keep the ball moving on the deck.

Last mention for Peter Clarke - thought he was our best player on the night by a country mile.

yeah i would give p clarke man of match, he played better since paired with richards they seem to complement each other well, some people seem a little hard on richards sometimes I really like him he wins his headers and does not **** about old skool in my book, tilly should get credit for breaking up the clarke barrett partnership as it clearly was all wrong and credit for getting that striker that everyone wanted I still not sure on the hunt argument he has been part of this sequence of results so he cant be doing that bad and one more thing I thought it looked like the end of a long week for the boys lets not forget blackpool(et) port vale and b rovers all away in the space of a week is a tough batch of fixtures, yes nicked a point but what a good point to nick

We were very poor last night but Bristol Rovers were absolutely shocking. They hoofed the ball long at every possible opportunity and hoped that they would get scraps - they scored with yet another penalty. We deserved the point because we were the better team in the 2nd half.

I personally would have taken a point at the start of the evening and I must say it was the sweetest point just because it was deep into the five minutes of injury time that Rovers caused through continual feigning of injury and time wasting. There were at least six occasions when Rovers players went down and on each occasion stayed down for at least a minute and a half. The players being substituted sauntered off - Albert Steptoe moved quicker than them. To cap it off they then tried to waste further time by taking a free kick early in injury time - the guilty player getting booked - but got given the free kick to take again!! I was a racing car - until the glorious few seconds of Hunty's cross - Clarke (P) knock down and Leon's finish. Was loving their snail like pace to run back to the half way line after the goal!!

Marky G was off colour and was lucky not to get sent off for a mad ten minutes in the first half. Was amazed he was brought off.

In defence of Harrold - what quality ball did he get when he was on? He was living off scraps and was expected to chase aimless balls into the corner. He didn't effect the game - but Clarke didn't set the world alight in the first half. We did look better when Eric came on - but the whole team were beginning to keep the ball moving on the deck.

Last mention for Peter Clarke - thought he was our best player on the night by a country mile.

Agree he don't get quality balls, does Clarke , did Freddy? but a bit of movement from him wouldn't go amiss then maybe the defence would have something to worry about rather than a static non jumping weakling!

Trouble is his good games result in him doing his bit for the team but no goals. His bad games result in no goals either and he is a liability.

Eric seems a better option. I'd like to see Charlie given a few games alongside Clarke too.

one more thing I thought it looked like the end of a long week for the boys lets not forget blackpool(et) port vale and b rovers all away in the space of a week is a tough batch of fixtures
Good point, and not one that should be taken lightly either.

Agree he don't get quality balls, does Clarke , did Freddy? but a bit of movement from him wouldn't go amiss then maybe the defence would have something to worry about rather than a static non jumping weakling!

Very true, but be fair to the lad Wiggy, he's not got a fraction of the talent that Freddy has. He had quite a poor game on Tuesday though, and as people have said we looked much better when Odhiambo came on.

Back