• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
As FBM is away, we need to cover his absence.  
wink.gif

tounge.gif

My personal ratings:

Flahavan 7: Made 2 smart stops including a very good reaction stop from the free kick on the 18 yard line. He came for a couple of free kicks well and was generally very sound.

Hunt 6: After a decent performance against Southampton he had an off day today I thought. A moment which summed it up, when surrounded by Col******r players he tried to head a ball that was no higher than his knee.

Edwards 6.5: Generally not bad although he does seemingly get pulled out of position easily and Maher made him aware of it more than once.

Barrett 7: The best of the back four and he does seem to be recovering his form.

Wilson 6.5: Not great not bad. A typical Che performance if you like.

Gower 7: Looking fitter than I've seen him in a long while and he generally had a good game. Created some decent opinions and the arrival of Cole seems to have perked him up somewhat.

Maher 6.5: An off day for Kev. Didn't dictate play as he usually does and was completely overshadowed by the brilliant Guttridge.

Guttridge 8: Goater got the sponsors M.O.M for obvious reasons but for me, and seemingly a lot of others, Guttridge was the true M.O.M. Some classy long range passes, including one for Goater's first goal, and some nifty play in the middle of the park to break up attacks. We're now seeing the real Luke Guttridge and he looks a quality player. Shame he damaged his left leg in the second half because he was playing so well.

Cole 6.5: He's a strange one at the moment. We don't seem to give him ball as much as we should, and more often than not he's far too deep when we break. He seems to want to do a lot of the defensive side of things which limits his true potential being shown. He's obviously going to need to gain fitness from the jump up, which will come, but as I said when I suggested we look at him months ago, he's a player the fans need to be patient with. Cracking goal though.

Goater 7.5: His first finish was brilliant and I'll be honest I couldn't tell if his second was as well or whether it was down to luck. I said whilst watching the game that it's clear his footballing brain is well ahead of defenders at this level. Several times, including for his first goal, his thinking and his knowledge of where to go and what to do got him a chance. When he's fully fit, which he still clearly isn't, he could be a very shrewd signing indeed. He was actually very close to coming off after 10 minutes today, Bentley was setup ready to come on but he ran off an injury picked up in scoring his first.

Gray 7: Outshone by Goater today, but he did alright until his injury. He's still learning where to go when Goater goes up for a flick on and hopefully that will come in time.

Subs:

Bentley 7: Added a physical edge to our breaks and won lots in the air.

Lawson 6: Looked a bit lost at times but even when things weren't going all his way he didn't let his head drop and he still had confidence to try things. Being involved today probably did him a lot of good in his learning process though.

Smith 6: Wasn't really involved all that much in his 10 minutes on the pitch.

Re: Edwards ... Maher was having a right go for ages. Must have been a good minute or two just having a real go.

Oh and I forgot to mention, as you'll probably agree, Kev, it really did show how Petts slows everything down in the midfield. Especially at home, Cole and Gower is the way to go.

Indeed. I didn't want to mention it. Ya know!
wink.gif

Andy, you sit near the dug-outs, dont you!? Any chance you wanna swap as we can't get a perfect view of the Bluebelles up where we are. The binoculars might have to be brought out next game as they butts shaking are a sight to behold (along with the one with the huge norks in the away shirt - nearest the stand). Happy viewing.

Andy I was in the RBS when Goat scored his second, and it was sheer brilliance the way he took it, if you cast your mind back 20 mins prior to the goal, he had a similar chance but the ball bounced unkindly when it came over his head, this time it landed perfect from Bentleys long through ball and executed well.

As I say it was sheer brilliance from him, cann't wait to see it on Sky, in fact all four goals to day was excellant even the Col Utd goal

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 29 2005,17:46)]Andy, you sit near the dug-outs, dont you!? Any chance you wanna swap as we can't get a perfect view of the Bluebelles up where we are. The binoculars might have to be brought out next game as they butts shaking are a sight to behold (along with the one with the huge norks in the away shirt - nearest the stand). Happy viewing.
Not a chance.
oops.gif
laugh.gif

I need to keep a close up view of my beloved Amy and Matty thank you very much.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave Smiths Love Child @ Aug. 29 2005,17:47)]Andy I was in the RBS when Goat scored his second, and it was sheer brilliance the way he took it, if you cast your mind back 20 mins prior to the goal, he had a similar chance but the ball bounced unkindly when it came over his head, this time it landed perfect from Bentleys long through ball and executed well.

As I say it was sheer brilliance from him, cann't wait to see it on Sky, in fact all four goals to day was excellant even the Col Utd goal
Ah right. Us in the Greens couldn't quite work out how he did it and the general consensus was that it sort of hit him on the left boot as he tried to control it. The pic on the Official Site backs up your theory though. Surely a contender for goal of the season then!?
smile.gif

The Goat really showed his class with his second goal. When that high ball came in, he knew exactly where to be and what to do, which doesn't always appear to be the case withour forwards! Sheer quality - an excellent signing.

I agree with the comment above - all four goals were extremely good today.

Andy, I feel you're a little harsh on Kev. I thought he did very well today. I was impressed with Guttridge, that's the best I've seen him play, but I felt he did fade towards the end, and he really should have scored with that header, which came after some beautiful buid-up play!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Aug. 29 2005,18:00)]Andy, I feel you're a little harsh on Kev.
Perhaps, but I just felt he didn't get a chance to stamp his authority on the game like he normally does. He's set himself some very high standards I suppose.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 29 2005,17:24)]Gower 7: Looking fitter than I've seen him in a long while and he generally had a good game. Created some decent opinions and the arrival of Cole seems to have perked him up somewhat.
I can't believe that I'm the most pernickety person to see this thread so far!

Back