• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Rayleigh High Street Roadworks

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
I drive to Rayleigh Station everyday and I have to go through the High Street to get there. As of yesterday, there are major gas works which means the road is closed. I heard on the radio that it is from Eastwood Road to Hockley Road. I was going to drive towards the High Street to see whats what but decided to take the back route on the A127 and A130 and come round the back of the station. However, when I was standing waiting for the train this morning there were cars coming up and down Crown Hill.

Basically I just want to know if there is anyone in the area that knows exactly where the road works start and end. My bf lives in Ashingdon too meaning I regulalry have to go through the high street and up to Hockley so obviously this is a royal pain in the a** for me on several fronts so any help on roadwork location and secret back passages (excuse the pun) would be appreciated.

I drive to Rayleigh Station everyday and I have to go through the High Street to get there. As of yesterday, there are major gas works which means the road is closed. I heard on the radio that it is from Eastwood Road to Hockley Road. I was going to drive towards the High Street to see whats what but decided to take the back route on the A127 and A130 and come round the back of the station. However, when I was standing waiting for the train this morning there were cars coming up and down Crown Hill.

Basically I just want to know if there is anyone in the area that knows exactly where the road works start and end. My bf lives in Ashingdon too meaning I regulalry have to go through the high street and up to Hockley so obviously this is a royal pain in the a** for me on several fronts so any help on roadwork location and secret back passages (excuse the pun) would be appreciated.

I still can't believe your boyfriend is Chopper!!!!

You can get to Ashingdon via Hullbridge on lower road.

From Rayleigh station go under the bridge and turn right down the road by the Hungry Horse and then take a left when you hit Crown Hill.

(Alternatively go down the A130 and take a right down Rawreth Lane and turn left when you hit the bottom)

Keep following the road through Hullbridge, past the Globe etc. and you will come out at the bottom of Ashingdon hill.

Distance wise it's quite a bit further but the roads are generally empty.

Last edited:

There a few ways round it, but too complicated to describe without you really knowing the area!

Also depends where you are coming from etc etc

You can get to Ashingdon via Hullbridge on lower road.

From rayleigh station go under the bridge and turn right down the road by the Hungry Horse and then take a left when you hit Crown Hill.

Keep following the road through Hullbridge, past the Globe etc. and you will come out at the bottom of Ashingdon hill.

Distance wise it's quite a bit further but the roads are generally empty.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I am coming from Thundersley but I guess if I go from Thundersley, then take the A127 and A130 to get to the back of Rayleigh then can take the Hullbridge route there. Thanks though I didn't think of that.

I was wondering if I can go into Rayleigh High Street and then turn right at Eastwood Road and then left down websters way and then I'm at the top of the High Street where I suspect the works end. Thats why I wanted to know exact locations of these gas men.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I am coming from Thundersley but I guess if I go from Thundersley, then take the A127 and A130 to get to the back of Rayleigh then can take the Hullbridge route there. Thanks though I didn't think of that.

I was wondering if I can go into Rayleigh High Street and then turn right at Eastwood Road and then left down websters way and then I'm at the top of the High Street where I suspect the works end. Thats why I wanted to know exact locations of these gas men.

Go over the Weir and turn left into Gt Wheatleys Rd, right into Ridgeway, left into Burrows Way, follow all the way to Love Lane then turn left, follow all the way down then turn left and the station is there.

To get to your BF's, from the station, turn up Downhall Rd, which is next to the Hungry Horse, opposite the station. At the end, turn right into Hambro Hill, up to the mini r/about, then left and up to Hockley, ashingdon etc!!

Job done!

These gas men are all over rayleigh! It's a pain in the backside! Sure that there is a reason why they can't finish one road and then move onto the next I don't know!!

Eastwood/rayleigh road is now clear. The only bit of road that is currently closed off is the high street from the 2nd mini roundabout to the top of the high street by the half moon. Not sure if you can come up london road or not.

Websters way is clear so you can get to hockley that way.

Go over the Weir and turn left into Gt Wheatleys Rd, right into Ridgeway, left into Burrows Way, follow all the way to Love Lane then turn left, follow all the way down then turn left and the station is there.

To get to your BF's, from the station, turn up Downhall Rd, which is next to the Hungry Horse, opposite the station. At the end, turn right into Hambro Hill, up to the mini r/about, then left and up to Hockley, ashingdon etc!!

Job done!

or withdraw all privileges unless he travels to you...

or withdraw all privileges unless he travels to you...

Ha - it really doesnt make an difference as we both have to come through the same way! Plus Im not mean enough to impose such a rule ;)

Seeing as Websters way is now a 2 way road, I think it solves most of the problems that people may have encountered. Going to whip down Eastwood Road and then on to Websters Way!

Ha - it really doesnt make an difference as we both have to come through the same way! Plus Im not mean enough to impose such a rule ;)

Seeing as Websters way is now a 2 way road, I think it solves most of the problems that people may have encountered. Going to whip down Eastwood Road and then on to Websters Way!

oi your ignoring my question?!?!?

Too much information there luv ;)

These gas men are all over rayleigh! It's a pain in the backside! Sure that there is a reason why they can't finish one road and then move onto the next I don't know!!

Eastwood/rayleigh road is now clear. The only bit of road that is currently closed off is the high street from the 2nd mini roundabout to the top of the high street by the half moon. Not sure if you can come up london road or not.

Websters way is clear so you can get to hockley that way.
I heard their causing a right old stink.

Back