• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Re Colchester Football Ground.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
I Was On My Way Back From Yarmouth Down The A12 Today And I Stopped In The Layby Where There New Ground Was And Climbed The Grass Bank To Look At It. Not Very Impressed I Must Say,well Out Side Colchester It Is ,the Turn Off To Clacton. Werth A Look

I Was On My Way Back From Yarmouth Down The A12 Today And I Stopped In The Layby Where There New Ground Was And Climbed The Grass Bank To Look At It. Not Very Impressed I Must Say,Well Out Side Colchester It Is ,The Turn Off To Clacton. Werth A Look

Disppointing..

I Was On My Way Back From Yarmouth Down The A12 Today And I Stopped In The Layby Where There New Ground Was And Climbed The Grass Bank To Look At It. Not Very Impressed I Must Say,well Out Side Colchester It Is ,the Turn Off To Clacton. Werth A Look

With NO access road & only 500 parking spaces (for STH's at £10 a game), but they have lowered their ticket prices for next season !!

CHEMICO F C, all stadiums that col ewe make are un-impressive, just like most (if not all) of col ewe's team!!!

Cheating B****rds!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who on Earth are Colhester? Or Colchesrer for that matter?

I do however, concur, that the football ground being built by the A12, for whoever looks ****. Big gaps in the side of at, very exposed, dont think there will be much of an atmosphere there. I do kind of hope the first game of the season is away to them though, so we can be the 1st team to win there haha!!

I do kind of hope the first game of the season is away to them though, so we can be the 1st team to win there haha!!

Not 100% sure but I think Colchester have requested away games for their first two league games of the season and also the League Cup 1st round game. We could of course still be the first team to play there but it will not be on the opening day of the season.

Not 100% sure but I think Colchester have requested away games for their first two league games of the season and also the League Cup 1st round game. We could of course still be the first team to play there but it will not be on the opening day of the season.
all there games may be classed as away its a long way out of colchester?

I didnt know that, so the stupid to$$ers are not even going to have it ready?!?! That request should be rejected. I will take being the 1st team to win there anyway though!

Parking will be near impossible for both home and away fans.

Your best bet will be to travel by train. From North Staion (the main one) the stadium is about a 1.5 mile walk.

The first couple of games will be away, so I think an opening day meeting at Roots Hall would be best, perhaps Sky could make it their live game again.

BTW Cuckoo Farm will STILL be the most expensive ground in L1 next season, providing Leeds win promotion.

Parking will be near impossible for both home and away fans.

Your best bet will be to travel by train. From North Staion (the main one) the stadium is about a 1.5 mile walk.

The first couple of games will be away, so I think an opening day meeting at Roots Hall would be best, perhaps Sky could make it their live game again.

BTW Cuckoo Farm will STILL be the most expensive ground in L1 next season, providing Leeds win promotion.

I think you will find the MK Arena and Walkers Stadium were about 3 times more expensive.

Also, there is no guaruntee about the games being away from home to start with...as I have said on a previous post, these are contingency plans, as are the proposals to play at Ipswich.

The stadium is not miles out of town...it is about 1 1/2 miles north of the town centre, and will be directly accessible via a new East-West link road which has now been built from Colchester Business Park into Cuckoo Farm. There are plans for a future slip road directly off of the A12 but these will not come to fruition for approximately 5 years at least (imho). The travel plan will not allow parking anywhere near the ground unless you bring a certain amount of people in the car and are a season ticket holder with a parking permit or a tenner, so travel by train.

Thanks for your informed reply.

However, the cost I was referring to was ticket prices, not construction of the stadium.

Ahhh....lol, yes the ticket prices are pretty high, but given the way the stadium is owned and operated, the Club will need to charge high numbers to make money....sad fact of life with these types of arrangement.

Also, there is no guaruntee about the games being away from home to start with...as I have said on a previous post, these are contingency plans, as are the proposals to play at Ipswich.

Colchester Season Ticket holder I work with told me in the week that the Football League have provisionally agreed to away fixtures starting their season. Apparently the stadium has to hold two small events in order to get a H&S Cert for total use of the stadium. The club believe that means they cant hold their first fixture at home.
Surely their first fixture would be a small event anyway (?) LOL

Back