• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reading and MK Dons

Ulysses

Manager
Funnily enough i was chatting to a Watford supporter last night and he informed me that part of the reason why Reading had become such a success this season was that there ball boys were extremely quick to through new balls back on the pitch. Thus breaking quicker against opponents as they were outta position and waiting for the old ball to come back. These were similar tactics employed by MK Dons last week. To me this seems like a great tactic, one that SUFC should employee, anyway know of a way of suggesting it to the club?

Or am i alone?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soton Blue @ Mar. 25 2006,12:35)]Col U used multi-ball system against us.  Look what happened to them.
Doesn't exactly invalidate the argument though...

I think it's something we SHOULD look into doing.
Take every advantage we can.

There was a game on sky where this was happening and then the ref stopped it as too many balls kept coming onto the pitch. I think if you want to use multi balls then its also down to the ref as well.

I found it very off putting at MK Dons because you'd still be watching the ball bouncing around the stands and before your eyes and concentration was back on the pitch, the blessed thing would be half way up the other end again. Must be strange to play against if you're not used to it, 100% concentration all the time. In my day playing for Leigh Ramblers you'd boot the ball as far onto the next pitch just to take a breather.... no chance here.

Exactly must be very strange if your not used to it and i think we saw that a few times at the weekend, I agree if we could use the system, probably not this season but practice using it in pre-season next year so we are used to it, then maybe it will give us an added advantage.
Every little helps.

Use the multi-ball system untill we go 1-0 up then get a bloke to collect the balls from the ballboys.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I remember a few years ago a ball ball refusing to give the ball to Roycie who wanted to take a quick goal kick a few minutes before the end of a match when we were going for the equaliser. Cheating little ****

At least at MK Ds they were giving to us just as quickly, but we were taking just as long as usual to come up with a plan as to what to do with it!

It's just a form of cheating in my opinion and when the muppets at the FA get off their fat arses then perhaps something will be done about it.

I ain't holding my breath though.
sad.gif

I'm all in favour of training the ball-boys.

When we are pushing forward we need to get the ball back in play as quickly as possible. Once a defence has regrouped it is a lot harder to breakdown. However I really don't see the need for the ball-boys to be so eager when we are 1-0 up, down to 10 men and holding on for grim life.

Also, why the hell do the ball-boys come in 5 or 10 minutes early when we are trailing? This is exactly when the ball-boys should be earning their entrance fee.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Mar. 25 2006,13:16)]Use the multi-ball system untill we go 1-0 up then get a bloke to collect the balls from the ballboys.
laugh.gif
wink.gif
You Laugh, Everton came under heavy fire when they played Man Utd at Goodison Park. They used a multiball system until the 80th minute when they were 1-0 up, then to slow the game down someone could be seen walking around collecting all the balls. They switched from Multiball to Single ball to alter the speed of the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Mar. 26 2006,19:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Mar. 25 2006,13:16)]Use the multi-ball system untill we go 1-0 up then get a bloke to collect the balls from the ballboys.  
laugh.gif

wink.gif
You Laugh, Everton came under heavy fire when they played Man Utd at Goodison Park. They used a multiball system until the 80th minute when they were 1-0 up, then to slow the game down someone could be seen walking around collecting all the balls. They switched from Multiball to Single ball to alter the speed of the game.
Thats were I got it from, they was showing it on soccer am some time ago.  
biggrin.gif

That'd be 'soon to drop out of league 1' MK Dons

We're good enough not to resort to such tactics, surely?

Back