• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ready, Set... Injury - the pre-season crock thread

So, for our injured players do we have any estimates for their returns? It would be interesting to get a finger in the air approximation for each so we can get a better understanding of when they may be available for selection.

Below are guesses, based on no knowledge that hopefully other Zoners may know a bit more about:

Luke Hyam - couple of weeks?
Simon Cox - couple of weeks?
Tim Dieng - couple of weeks?
Sam Barratt - October?
Harry Kyrianou - September?
Tom Hopper - September?
Jason Demetriou - September?
Lewis Gard - September?

So, for our injured players do we have any estimates for their returns? It would be interesting to get a finger in the air approximation for each so we can get a better understanding of when they may be available for selection.

Below are guesses, based on no knowledge that hopefully other Zoners may know a bit more about:

Luke Hyam - couple of weeks?
Simon Cox - couple of weeks?
Tim Dieng - couple of weeks?
Sam Barratt - October?
Harry Kyrianou - September?
Tom Hopper - September?
Jason Demetriou - September?
Lewis Gard - September?

You have not put what year. :Smile:

Heard some news this evening, Hopper could be back in a month/6 weeks. Cox and Dieng should be available for Saturday. Demitriou 2 weeks away. Sam Barrett making great progress.

No update on Kyprianou or Gard.

????

Cox and Dieng available for Saturday? What after no training and no football conditioning for what is now effectively 12 weeks? Yeah ok ?

You need to understand what the rest of the squad have gone through in terms of conditioning and fitness not to mention injury prevention work to know just how far behind Cox and Dieng are.

Remember CP talking about Dru doing his “own pre season” last year for week after week???

That's fantastic news. Far better than I had anticipated. Can't wait to see Hopper back in action as well as Sam Barrett who looked so promising against Leeds last year.

Heard some news this evening, Hopper could be back in a month/6 weeks. Cox and Dieng should be available for Saturday. Demitriou 2 weeks away. Sam Barrett making great progress.

My brother spoke to Hopper in Leigh the other day and Hopper said the “second operation” had been blown way out of proportion. Said he was a week or two away from starting full training before it was decided his knee could with a routine “clear out” which is often needed after that type of injury, and that it would only add 6 weeks or so on. He expects to be back 2nd half of September or October.

????

Cox and Dieng available for Saturday? What after no training and no football conditioning for what is now effectively 12 weeks? Yeah ok ?

You need to understand what the rest of the squad have gone through in terms of conditioning and fitness not to mention injury prevention work to know just how far behind Cox and Dieng are.

Remember CP talking about Dru doing his “own pre season” last year for week after week???

I don't think for one second Fbm was saying they will be playing Saturday, just pointing out the good news that they will be back sooner than some expected.

????

Being available doesn't mean they'll be selected. I don't select the team and wasn't advocating they should play. Merely reporting that they should be available.

I don't think for one second Fbm was saying they will be playing Saturday, just pointing out the good news that they will be back sooner than some expected.

He said they’d be available Saturday ?‍♂️

Being available doesn't mean they'll be selected. I don't select the team and wasn't advocating they should play. Merely reporting that they should be available.

They aren’t available. They haven’t trained they aren't fit. They’ve done no pre season. They haven’t played any minutes.

If they are over their injuries and were available they’d have trained.

If being injury free means available then I too am ready to be called!

My brother spoke to Hopper in Leigh the other day and Hopper said the “second operation” had been blown way out of proportion. Said he was a week or two away from starting full training before it was decided his knee could with a routine “clear out” which is often needed after that type of injury, and that it would only add 6 weeks or so on. He expects to be back 2nd half of September or October.

Yeah, pretty much. It was quite routine I think.

They aren’t available. They haven’t trained they aren't fit. They’ve done no pre season. They haven’t played any minutes.

Don't shoot the messenger... just reporting what I was told. As it happens I don't disagree with you and the comment surprised me too.

SIMON Cox and Timothee Dieng have yet to return to training.

More...

Blues duo yet to return to training
By Chris Phillips @cjphillips1982 Chief sports reporter
10206080.jpg

Southend UTD v Millwall at Roots Hall in a Pre season friendly. Pic LM 24/07/2019, Blues won 2-1

Cox returned from the summer break with injuries in both his calves while Dieng picked up a calf problem on the first day of pre-season training.

And Blues boss Kevin Bond is unsure when the duo will be back.

"Coxy came back with the injuries and he hasn't trained at all yet and Tim hasn't trained since the first day so I'm not sure when they will be ready," said Bond.

"Ideally you want them to have a five week pre-season before starting to play but we will have to have a look at what we're going to do."

Blues duo yet to return to training
By Chris Phillips @cjphillips1982 Chief sports reporter
10206080.jpg

Southend UTD v Millwall at Roots Hall in a Pre season friendly. Pic LM 24/07/2019, Blues won 2-1

Cox returned from the summer break with injuries in both his calves while Dieng picked up a calf problem on the first day of pre-season training.

And Blues boss Kevin Bond is unsure when the duo will be back.

"Coxy came back with the injuries and he hasn't trained at all yet and Tim hasn't trained since the first day so I'm not sure when they will be ready," said Bond.

"Ideally you want them to have a five week pre-season before starting to play but we will have to have a look at what we're going to do."

I can see an early return for Simon Cox.Think Dieng will have to wait a bit. The longer the better.

????

Told you about Cox. It surprised me as well but I guess as fans we sometimes have to accept that perhaps we DON'T know better than the professional people who run and play for the club.

Cox was drafted in on the morning of the game because Dru didnt get on the bus. He was travelling with no intention of playing .

He got on as a mad desperation gamble due to the scoreline and who else was left on the bench.

Cox was drafted in on the morning of the game because Dru didnt get on the bus. He was travelling with no intention of playing .

He got on as a mad desperation gamble due to the scoreline and who else was left on the bench.

Grapevine - acceptance is the best way to move on.... it was called, and happened you can't change the past (or the fact that FBM's comments came to be true)

Back