• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Real Madrid & Lampard

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
The News of the World has claimed that Real Madrid have had a £20m (plus Michael Owen and Santiago Solari) bid for Chelsea's Frank Lampard turned down.

If I were Frank, I'd stick where I was as I'd have more chance of winning trophies!!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 26 2005,10:09)]The News of the World has claimed that Real Madrid have had a £20m (plus Michael Owen and Santiago Solari) bid for Chelsea's Frank Lampard turned down.

If I were Frank, I'd stick where I was as I'd have more chance of winning trophies!!

WS
Not being Lampard's biggest fan, I'd say £2m plus Steve Owen & a summer berry flavour Solero was too much to pay for him
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
blues.gif

If I were Chelsea (I know they've got limitless money but anyhow) that sort of money is too little for a player of Lamps callibre, I'd not let him go for less than 30-35 million.

As for Frank, I'd stick it, sh!te manager for a person, great as a actual football coach, successful season just gone, a few years on the contract, why go?

Lampard wouldn't leave Chelsea and Chelsea wouldn't let him leave. He is fast becoming the best central midfield in the world, he is the complete midfielder and has everything, why would Chelsea want to get rid of that?

Apparently, Owen is house hunting just down from Chelsea's new training complex, Scott Parker's house is one of the ones his looking at....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 29 2005,12:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 28 2005,14:30)]he is the complete midfielder
Lampard is a complete something ending in "er"
A complete player?  Yep, I think so too...

wink.gif

tounge.gif

For my money, he's the nuts.  How's this for the England line-up next summer:

Robinson
Neville  
ghostface.gif
    Terry         Ferdinand    A. Cole

Wright-Phillips   Gerrard {c}  Lampard    J. Cole

Owen     Rooney

I reckon we could do some damage with that XI...

cool.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 29 2005,12:51)]A complete player?  Yep, I think so too...

wink.gif

tounge.gif

For my money, he's the nuts.  How's this for the England line-up next summer:

Robinson
Neville  
ghostface.gif
    Terry         Ferdinand    A. Cole

Wright-Phillips   Gerrard {c}  Lampard    J. Cole

Owen     Rooney

I reckon we could do some damage with that XI...

cool.gif

Matt
Pretty much agree with that XI, Beckham, while playing reasonably well for Madrid, has been cack at international level for far too long and it's about time his bosom buddy Eriksson dropped him for Wright-Phillips.
He's also a pretty crap skipper too. It's high time Eriksson stopped picking him on past 'glories'
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ June 29 2005,13:12)]No Beckham?
Yep.  He has disappointed at international level for too long.  Poor at Euro 2004, poor ever since.

Sven won't drop him, of course, because Sven's too keen on him.  But Wright-Phillips would terrorise the left-backs of this world with his pace and control.

Beckham's pace has gone - and his one greatest asset, which was his phenomenal engine - got left in Manchester.  The general lack of fitness of the galacticos, Roberto Carlos aside, is (IMHO) one of the major reasons that Real have won feck all for the last couple of seasons now.

On current form and potential, it's Wright-Phillips every time for me.

Matt

MtS, we generally agree on most things football related but Lampard to me just doesn't have it 100%. Yeah, OK good player but look at his team-mates. Put him in the West Brom team & then we'll see what he's really like. That Liverpool semi, he must have lost the ball about 20 times due to slack passing. I also abhore his desire (no doubt fuelled by his agent) that he will be the next media star like DB!

Agree 100% on Beckham though.

Interesting to see the Tord Grip comments on him & Eriksson both have a clause to walk after Germany 2006, I HOPE THEY DO! They have lived for far too long on the plaudits of that magnificent night in Munich 4 years ago!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 29 2005,14:14)]MtS, we generally agree on most things football related but Lampard to me just doesn't have it 100%.  Yeah, OK good player but look at his team-mates.  Put him in the West Brom team & then we'll see what he's really like.  That Liverpool semi, he must have lost the ball about 20 times due to slack passing.  I also abhore his desire (no doubt fuelled by his agent) that he will be the next media star like DB!

Interesting to see the Tord Grip comments on him & Eriksson both have a clause to walk after Germany 2006, I HOPE THEY DO!  They have lived for far too long on the plaudits of that magnificent night in Munich 4 years ago!
Hmm, the Liverpool semi was a weird one, though... it was as if Chelsea were destined to lose that one.

Not sure who else is competing with those two for central midfield slots.  Beckham, perhaps (but I don't think he's robust enough of body, mind or temperament to play there). Butt / Parker: not good enough.  Jenas: inexperienced.  Bowyer: mad, bad and dangerous.  Scholes: alas, over the hill.

So, it's Stevie G and Franky L for me...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 26 2005,10:09)]The News of the World has claimed that Real Madrid have had a £20m (plus Michael Owen and Santiago Solari) bid for Chelsea's Frank Lampard turned down.

WS
Are you advising someone to stay in Blighty rather than move to Spain??

wow.gif
wow.gif

wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 29 2005,15:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 29 2005,14:14)]MtS, we generally agree on most things football related but Lampard to me just doesn't have it 100%.  Yeah, OK good player but look at his team-mates.  Put him in the West Brom team & then we'll see what he's really like.  That Liverpool semi, he must have lost the ball about 20 times due to slack passing.  I also abhore his desire (no doubt fuelled by his agent) that he will be the next media star like DB!

Interesting to see the Tord Grip comments on him & Eriksson both have a clause to walk after Germany 2006, I HOPE THEY DO!  They have lived for far too long on the plaudits of that magnificent night in Munich 4 years ago!
Hmm, the Liverpool semi was a weird one, though... it was as if Chelsea were destined to lose that one.

Not sure who else is competing with those two for central midfield slots.  Beckham, perhaps (but I don't think he's robust enough of body, mind or temperament to play there). Butt / Parker: not good enough.  Jenas: inexperienced.  Bowyer: mad, bad and dangerous.  Scholes: alas, over the hill.

So, it's Stevie G and Franky L for me...

Matt
Parker will be an international for years to come Matt, trust me. The boy is fantastic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 30 2005,12:52)]Parker will be an international for years to come Matt, trust me. The boy is fantastic.
We'll see... he's still got a lot to prove, IMHO. Let's hope he & Jenas get to form a key partnership at Newcastle...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 30 2005,13:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 30 2005,12:52)]Parker will be an international for years to come Matt, trust me. The boy is fantastic.
We'll see... he's still got a lot to prove, IMHO.  Let's hope he & Jenas get to form a key partnership at Newcastle...

rock.gif
What about Emre? Where would they he play if Souness gets him too? Is he a wide midfielder?

Not that I really give a toss about the Toons, just wondering...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 30 2005,14:04)]What about Emre? Where would they he play if Souness gets him too? Is he a wide midfielder?

Hmm... not a bad point...

wow.gif

Still, Emre, Jenas and Parker... not exactly a large, physical midfield, is it...

rock.gif

Or is the physical side left solely to the subtle charms of Mr. Bowyer?

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 30 2005,16:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 30 2005,14:04)]What about Emre? Where would they he play if Souness gets him too? Is he a wide midfielder?

Hmm... not a bad point...

wow.gif

Still, Emre, Jenas and Parker... not exactly a large, physical midfield, is it...

rock.gif

Or is the physical side left solely to the subtle charms of Mr. Bowyer?

suspect.gif
Not to mention Kieron Dyer. Could that potentially be the smallest midfield ever...?

Back