• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He has a tight hamstring- given the lack of cover at CB quite rightly they are making sure he is fine for Blackburn. If it were during the season he would be patched up and play if but for friendlies pre season- no.

He's passed all the fitness tests, has had a decent pre-season and is in good shape- he's he's 33 but we have plenty of players nearer 23 he get plenty of injuries too..

It seems like you're laughing at us when you suggest that we have plenty of players near the age of 23.

They are a year older and mostly a year nearer retirement than reaching their peak. Attacking wise like last year we will be reliant on Wordsworth and Ranger being fit and playing together although Kightly should give more options. Central defence could be major problem unless we sign a younger more athletic partner to Ferdinand.

Just like last year we probably have 11 players who could do very well if they were permanently fit and available however the chances are it won't happen.

Leonard is likely to go or if he stays a bit miffed. Whatever were struggling for depth.

I expect a number of clubs to have improved compared with us and a mid table position would be ok.

It could be along time before we get our first win if injuries and non availability continue conspire against us.

With all the pessimism on this thread, I don't think I'll bother coming down for the Blackburn game.
Maybe I need to pull the duvet over my head and set the alarm for May.:facepalm:

The reality is we are in a far better positon than 12 months ago. Players like Oxley Ferdinand and Cox are now established so we should be more settled from game one. Turner will add much needed height when defending and attacking set pieces. Kightly will definitely add something to the team.

Wordsworth was injured at the start of last season but he will be back quicker this season. Likewise we will (hopefully) see more of Ranger in the first 2 months than we did last season.

I can see young Dru making a real impression this year unlike last season great young hope, Bridge. Plus we are still chasing a couple of experience players.

Time to relax and look forward to a good season. :thumbsup:

With all the pessimism on this thread, I don't think I'll bother coming down for the Blackburn game.
Maybe I need to pull the duvet over my head and set the alarm for May.:facepalm:

Sorry, that just won't do at all GYS. You're already promised to pay money to Tinks or OBL.

Sorry, that just won't do at all GYS. You're already promised to pay money to Tinks or OBL.

Was just about to say the same thing!

If we can get through the first month without losing every game, then I think, with Woody back, Ranger close, and Kightly having found his feet, we have the makings of a really exciting season.

Has Ranger been banged up or been on an all inclusive Summer Holiday with food , drink and sweets on tap ?

Im just wondering as I am hoping that whilst he may not be match fit per se, Im assuming he's not piled on the pounds

He won't have gained weight if he has been caning the spice.

Even with all the pessimism I would suggest that you come to the Blackburn game - all your hopes and dreams for the coming season are alive and flourishing in that couple of hours before the game starts. The pitch will look perfect, the sun will be shining, the crowd is buzzing, the referee leads the two teams out onto the pitch and your hands are clapping whilst your ears are ringing with the shouts and singing all around you.

At 2:59 p.m. all is well in Roots Hall and your own little world .............

Even with all the pessimism I would suggest that you come to the Blackburn game - all your hopes and dreams for the coming season are alive and flourishing in that couple of hours before the game starts. The pitch will look perfect, the sun will be shining, the crowd is buzzing, the referee leads the two teams out onto the pitch and your hands are clapping whilst your ears are ringing with the shouts and singing all around you.

At 2:59 p.m. all is well in Roots Hall and your own little world .............

If it's p..ing down, it's your fault.

Back