• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reasons to be cheerful

W4 Shrimper

*Top of the National League with a game in hand
*Just recorded our first Championship victory in two months
*Danish is back for the saeson now. Watch him rip through these county batting line-ups!
*Gough will be back soon too, with the international ODIs FINALLY finished
*Grant Flower is starting to earn his corn
*Ravi Bopara appears to coming along very well indeed
*Looks like Alistair Cook can bowl a bit too (3-13 against Northants!)

Yes, plenty of reasons to be not so cheerful I'm sure, including our premature exit from the Twenty20, but overall, things are looking good!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ July 13 2005,19:32)]*Andre Nel has signed
That should put the wind up a few opening bats with him and Goughie snarling at them !

Shame about Adams going though.

Four more one day wins and the title is ours!! Come on the eagles!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ July 20 2005,11:52)]Four more one day wins and the title is ours!!  Come on the eagles!!
Watched that down the pub last night (at least until the lousy barman turned it over to the TNS vs Liverpool snoozeathon).

We looked very good indeed, silverware beckons!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 20 2005,12:22)]We looked very good indeed, silverware beckons!
The sooner we wrap that up, the better... after all, we're only three points off the promotion places in Div 2 (and in County Championship terms, that's now't!).

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 20 2005,12:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 20 2005,12:22)]We looked very good indeed, silverware beckons!
The sooner we wrap that up, the better... after all, we're only three points off the promotion places in Div 2 (and in County Championship terms, that's now't!).

biggrin.gif
Huge Championship game for us this week, away to Lancs. Win and we'll move above them - a draw wouldn't be a bad result though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 20 2005,12:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ July 20 2005,11:52)]Four more one day wins and the title is ours!!  Come on the eagles!!
Watched that down the pub last night (at least until the lousy barman turned it over to the TNS vs Liverpool snoozeathon).

We looked very good indeed, silverware beckons!
I always seem to be out when Essex are playing on sky. I caught about 5 overs from when Flower dropped Sutcliffe and then he started thrashing Bopara about. Pleased to see we bossed it after I switched off. Does anybody know when we're on next?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ July 20 2005,13:23)]Pleased to see we bossed it after I switched off.  Does anybody know when we're on next?
Nothing planned at the moment, but Sky's schedule is subject to change.

Back