• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reasons to be cheerful...

I know it still hurts and anyone who offers sympathy is met with a watery smile and has pins stuck in a voodoo doll later; BUT there are some things to be happy about.

1. Leeds "we're too big a club to be relegated" are going down.
2. Colchester won't make the play offs
3. I knocked 7 new grounds off my list this year. They don't count unless SUFC are playing.
4. We DID beat Man U
5. The LDV aka Johnson's Paint Pot final will be at Wembley next year.
6. The Play off final will be at Wembley next year.

Anyone else?

* We can face each game in League 1 with a reasonable expectation of taking points (I hope!!)
* We have a management team who have experience at League 1 level (and who will have gained from their Championship experience)
* We have (at the moment) a cracking midfield for League 1 who can only have gained from their Championship experience.
* We have a new stadium to look forward to
* We will still be talking about beating Manchester United
* We will have a Welsh International striker on our books or a tidy sum of cash to bring in the required additional players

Last edited:
All of the above really, especially real possibilities of wembley. I honestly believe we will do well next year it was only a year ago we won the bloody thing.

Sorry, but I find this constant stream of positive posts annoying, League 1 is not all that, we know that, our star player is probably leaving, it's been a real pleasure to be in the CCC, and I am not motivated by the paint pot cup.

The away fixture list already looks grim.

Please let me mourn. I know I can look away from these posts,but sure don't share this optimism.

Yours,

Glory Hunter.

Sorry, but I find this constant stream of positive posts annoying,.

definately - sod the rose tinted - we were only 20 places from the top flight
and now we are slipping down into the wilderness of loser land and no hope football in ruined wastelands where broken terracing and open air bogs are the norm.

the "if only" list is my constant companion - if only Fred at Luton, if only
Leeds at home etc. etc. if only we were still up .....

and feel the worst wrench - king Freddy going on his way - is still to come cos the young man has masses and masses of talent and its been great seeing him the dark blue - no more ?

Then go and join one of the doom and gloom post that's floating around.
For all Eastwood's talent he couldn't hack it in the Championship and neither could we. I think you're the one with the rose tinted glasses on if you can't see any further than one player.
The club will go on - we all know that. Every team exists to torture us for one season at a time.
I'm looking forward to the next striking find and a trip to Wembley.

Oi rayleigh less of the rose tinted, I a natural optimist unlike you ya miserable ****, I seen it all before and seen it a lot worse than it is now, yes it was a shame we went down but hopefully we put it down to experience and come back stronger

Sorry, but I find this constant stream of positive posts annoying, League 1 is not all that, we know that, our star player is probably leaving, it's been a real pleasure to be in the CCC, and I am not motivated by the paint pot cup.

Please let me mourn. I know I can look away from these posts,but sure don't share this optimism.

Yours,

Glory Hunter.

In truth Glory Hunter, we share your pain.
I believe the correct term for our behaviour is kidology.

For all Eastwood's talent he couldn't hack it in the Championship and neither could we.

He still scored 11 goals for one of the worst teams in the league.

Lets see how he does next season for a better side before damning him....

Then go and join one of the doom and gloom post that's floating around.
For all Eastwood's talent he couldn't hack it in the Championship and neither could we. I think you're the one with the rose tinted glasses on if you can't see any further than one player.
The club will go on - we all know that. Every team exists to torture us for one season at a time.
I'm looking forward to the next striking find and a trip to Wembley.

You might not miss Freddy Eastwood, but I sure will. He's been by far and away our best player of the last couple of seasons, and has twice been the difference between midtable mediocrity and a promotion season to remember. Even this season he's managed to light up an otherwise mundane year. The last Southend player to display such dazzling ability was Ricky Otto, well over a decade ago.

Until we signed Freddy, I'd been looking forward to the next striking find since about 1993. Andy Thomson who was half-decent (when fit), was probably about the pick of them, although Constantine and Carruthers each had a season when they passed the elusive 15 goal mark without looking the part. After that its Dave Regis and Ben Abbey.:eek:

You don't know what you've missed until its gone, and you lot are going to miss Freddy for sure.

Where did I say I wouldn't miss him? And when did this turn into another negative thread? Take it as read - yes I would be sad to see him go but I didn't want to lose Stan or Brett either. Things move on. Look forward not back.
Reasons to be Cheerful...
Season ticket prices aren't going up (don't think they could justify them increasing)

Yours,

Glory Hunter.

Yes but its not like we were in the Championship a decade.

I drive a ford, once I got to drive Ferrari for an hour or so, after which I had to go back to my Ford.

Yes it didnt feel as good but I accepted it was the natural level and whilst I hoped to drive a ferrari again was happy with my lot.

What on earth am I talking about......

Back