• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rebuiding starts from here!!!

blue heaven

Coach
Right to start with two centre halves(Clarke and Dorian gone)
Left back(Liked Jackman from the Cobblers looked very good)
Right back(Im ok with Francis and Sankofa)
Midfield(Happy with what we have but Sawyer would be nice)
Wide men(Need a left and right wide men-sorry to say but Moose/Betsy/Scanners not the answer would all be good at league two level.
Strikers(quite ok with Barney/Revs/Dougie/Laurent/Walker but Theo would put the icing on the cake.

What do you guys think?

I would like us to add Theo but apart from that I think our strikers are ok, Providing they can all stay fit.

I'd like to see us sign a couple of wingers, 2 centre backs(providing Clarke leaves) and a left back.

Think the same as me Ayrshire blue,nice to see someone who knows what they talk about!!!!

Wide men(Need a left and right wide men-sorry to say but Moose/Betsy/Scanners not the answer would all be good at league two level.
Strikers(quite ok with Barney/Revs/Dougie/Laurent/Walker but Theo would put the icing on the cake.

What do you guys think?

right back befor i do my 800 pounds ... ok with francis your avin a well !!!say no more!!!just be mused,,,lost for words.

gonna sound slightly weird for a team on good form, however we are gonna lose our best players so i think we need a pretty much new side.

GK - would like to see someone challenge mildy for first team place, maybe like an up and coming league 2 keeper

RB - every time i have seen francis this season he has been worse than useless, sankofa alright for the bench, sell francis, get a player on less wages

CB - need one tall CB that can actually play with Sir Adam, and we might keep some more clean sheets

LB - herd alright as a sub, will get a few games but need a solid player, i don't even care if he doesn't wanna go forward.

CM - we have enough, but would love sawyer, should consider playing 3 in the middle.

Wingers - tilly always likes using strikers and i think this is good if they have pace, unfortunately none of our strikers have pace.
So would like 2 new wingers/forwards that are quick.

CF - would ideally have these winger people, behind theo as i rate him highly. revell good sub. barnard good sub. dougie, to old to play 90 minutes anyway so sub. laurent, could start and would for me assuming we don't get theo on a perm.

What do you guys think?

Easy game isn't it! This is real football not some PC game.

our last 2 home matches showed the difference the top teams have over us, it not that we were outplayed it was just that we were outfinished in both matches. We have had a quite a few injuries in our forward players, besides theo i struggle to think where any have played half a dozen games back to back. I have seen Walker enough now and he doesnt convince me, others have showed climpses but i am not convinced any are 20 goal a season scorers which you need to get promoted. Def need some wide men, i cant think of a time when betsy takes on and goes past the opposing fullback. I would like Sawyer, he is an attacking midfielder, i look at macca and jeff and feel we are a bit defensive in that central area and forwards can look isolated. Defence has been a lot better in second half of the season, i think Francis has many good points but the bad ones seem more glaring at present. If we add to the squad some have to go sadly

our last 2 home matches showed the difference the top teams have over us, it not that we were outplayed it was just that we were outfinished in both matches. We have had a quite a few injuries in our forward players, besides theo i struggle to think where any have played half a dozen games back to back. I have seen Walker enough now and he doesnt convince me, others have showed climpses but i am not convinced any are 20 goal a season scorers which you need to get promoted. Def need some wide men, i cant think of a time when betsy takes on and goes past the opposing fullback. I would like Sawyer, he is an attacking midfielder, i look at macca and jeff and feel we are a bit defensive in that central area and forwards can look isolated. Defence has been a lot better in second half of the season, i think Francis has many good points but the bad ones seem more glaring at present. If we add to the squad some have to go sadly

defence has only been better though cause we signed a france U21 international

Recently, Francis has been beyond calamitous. He gives the ball away cheaply, fails in his defensive duties and has to have Macca bark at him for 90 minutes just to know where he's supposed to be.

It wouldn't be half as frustrating if we hadn't seen far, far more from him. Last season he was tremendous for us, but this year he really has struggled... Which is why I'd seriously be looking at finding a replacement for that position.

For me, I'd like to see this squad next year:

Mildy

RB Clarke CB(/Dervite) Barrett

WINGER Macca JFC WINGER

Barnard STRIKER(/Theo)

others: Sankofa, Herd, O'Keefe, Revell, Laurent, Grant, Moussa, WINGER, STRIKER, Joyce

7 Signings in total, letting Francis, Scannell, Betsy, Freedman, Furlong, Walker (& possibly Ademano) go.

Im sorry how is Rev's ideal as a striker, about as talented as Drewe and just because he writes a blog doesnot make him worth his salary whne we need a player to score

Our front line is awlful and lets be honest they are paid to score goals and can you honestly say they have, a part from penalties have any made an impact in scoring ?
I donot go long the line they are unlucky through injuries, as we know their record before signing them, so either our medical assessments are crap or we donot do our homework too good

I donot count Theo as lets be honest do you think he will join and more important will someone pay the wage he would desire.

GK - Not saying Mildenhall's bad, but someone slightly better, or someone just to challenge him for #1

RB - Enough Said

CB - Replace Clarke if he's leaving

CM

LM - Someone quick and attacking like Gower

ST - Someone who can bag lots of goals per season (the likes of Eastwood, Leon Clarke, Hooper), a player who can just bang them in the net!

GK - Not saying Mildenhall's bad, but someone slightly better, or someone just to challenge him for #1

RB - Enough Said

CB - Replace Clarke if he's leaving

CM

LM - Someone quick and attacking like Gower

ST - Someone who can bag lots of goals per season (the likes of Eastwood, Leon Clarke, Hooper), a player who can just bang them in the net!

Mildenhall is amongst the best in this division. I have no qualms whatsoever about having him between the sticks.

Im sorry how is Rev's ideal as a striker, about as talented as Drewe and just because he writes a blog doesnot make him worth his salary whne we need a player to score

Our front line is awlful and lets be honest they are paid to score goals and can you honestly say they have, a part from penalties have any made an impact in scoring ?
I donot go long the line they are unlucky through injuries, as we know their record before signing them, so either our medical assessments are crap or we donot do our homework too good

All about opinion, but to say our front line is awful is simply not true. Barney, for a start, was banging in goals for fun last season, and we were one of the top scorers in the league. The difference this season is not the striking personnel, but the utter lack of creativity in our midfield.

We have improved of late and have started scoring more goals, but we are still well short of a creative midfielder, and that is why we're short on goals. If Barney is fit, he would be a 20 goal a season man, given the right service and supply.

Look at the midfield - one natural winger, and 2 defensive midfielders in the middle of the park - I defy any striker to be prolific over the course of a season with that playing behind him.

With Gower and Bailey no longer in our midfield, you have taken away two huge supply lines, and it is way too simplistic to say our strikers are no good.

That said, I think we should pull out all the stops to sign Theo in the summer, as he offers us something we don't otherwise possess - out and out pace and trickery.

Back