• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Rebuilding for the NL season

GNH

Fish House Ultras⭐
After over a century of being a football league club, the mismanagement of this football club over a period of many years has finally ended that stay.

For me the rebuild needs to start NOW, part of the reason for our downfall was the lack of prepardness between seasons to fix obvious issues and get a settled squad of players and manager for the next campagin.

How often have we seen other clubs signing players and building a pre season while RM is still going through his 'due diligence' only to be saddled with another wrong appoitment and an unbalanced squad, cobbled together at the last moment.

I know the situation wih Stan and a potential CEO is the main focus over the next week or so but following that outcome we must have a clear plan in place so that we have a fighting chance of competing next season and that plan needs to be started now.

If we again find ourselves in no better position by the end of June with the right manager in place (I think that PB may be that man) and more importatnly the right players for the NL with competiton for places and a balanced squad then I fear the worst.

Hopefully the CEO situation will be the catalyst but only time will tell.

What are you thoughts?

Our season ends next weekend, & then players are on their hols for a few weeks ( probably many will be taking them in the UK! ).
Many clubs are reluctant to sign players before mid June, due to having to pay them, when the new season is still nigh on a couple of months away?. Plus at this time of year, apart from STH renewing ( our numbers will be interesting over the summer? ), club revenue is at it's lowest during the year.
No one knows what our budget will be for next season (?), yet i'd estimate we need to sign at least 8 players, & leaving it till the time we usually do will give ample opportunity to our rivals, to take advantage of those available who could do a job for us?.

The way things go over the next 4 weeks will, in my opinion, be a good indicator as to whether or not we are going to see a change of approach from the heirachy. They need to get busy on the preparations for next season and with the NL still having weeks to run we have a good chance of getting ahead of the competition.

Get Brown and co on a 1 year + 1 year rolling contract with a competitive budget subject to a couple of provisos re performance. Release majority of players whilst endeavouring to retain the youth and experience that can serve us well next season. Get busy with recruitment - great opportunity to get in plenty of scouting over the next few weeks at NL level.

Guarantee healthy budget and great home support with campaign to sign up record number of ST. More patrons paying less individually for ticket - but collectively and through matchday spend - delivering income at L2 levels of 2019/20. Get Stan, local sponsors and Evening Echo on side to help drive campaign.

We just need one signing CEO!!! Get Ron as far away from the football side as possible! Was lucky with Tilson and Freddy and then since we have had no CEO has been a disaster

After over a century of being a football league club, the mismanagement of this football club over a period of many years has finally ended that stay.

For me the rebuild needs to start NOW, part of the reason for our downfall was the lack of prepardness between seasons to fix obvious issues and get a settled squad of players and manager for the next campagin.

How often have we seen other clubs signing players and building a pre season while RM is still going through his 'due diligence' only to be saddled with another wrong appoitment and an unbalanced squad, cobbled together at the last moment.

I know the situation wih Stan and a potential CEO is the main focus over the next week or so but following that outcome we must have a clear plan in place so that we have a fighting chance of competing next season and that plan needs to be started now.

If we again find ourselves in no better position by the end of June with the right manager in place (I think that PB may be that man) and more importatnly the right players for the NL with competiton for places and a balanced squad then I fear the worst.

Hopefully the CEO situation will be the catalyst but only time will tell.

What are you thoughts?
Phil Brown won't manage in the non league

We just need one signing CEO!!! Get Ron as far away from the football side as possible! Was lucky with Tilson and Freddy and then since we have had no CEO has been a disaster

The awful start of the season was down to Ron not being able to pay the bills resulting in an embargo. Having a CEO in place would not have produced the money to pay up. In all probability the CEO would have him or herself be waiting for their monthly salary to be paid.

Of the players I have seen during this forgettable season, I'd see the basis of our team to be;

Seadon (can't afford Oxley any more),
Clifford,
Hobson (who has become more solid as the season progressed, but please....not at right back!), Lennon,
Cordner,
Taylor,
Walsh
and Rush.

Ricky Holmes and Jon White if they continue playing.

Philips, Dieng and Kyprianou as benchers and Nathaniel George if he can replicate his Crawley YouTube showreel ability.

Finally Brown stays, Ron is locked in his office (and allowed to take only incoming calls) and a new CEO is appointed.

Irrespective I'll be there next season and I'm sure it will be more rewarding than this one. COYB!

Our form has been okay since before Christmas. At least we've stopped the rot and we are not getting whupped every week. Hopefully we go down with three wins on the bounce.

Agreed the 2nd half of the season was okay. Need to be ruthless with the current squad though. Need to decide who the manager is going to be, PB is probably better than anyone else we could attract. That needs to done in the next week, maybe two, with a budget for next season.

PB will have a good idea of the players he would want here next season, make sure they want to play for us.

Identify early who is needed to build from that nucleus of a squad, recruit as soon as possible.

Have a proper pre-season, so we hit our first game as the most prepared in the NL.

The awful start of the season was down to Ron not being able to pay the bills resulting in an embargo. Having a CEO in place would not have produced the money to pay up. In all probability the CEO would have him or herself be waiting for their monthly salary to be paid.
But having a CEO might have stopped us getting to that situation in the first place, signing players who are not injured, keeping an eye on salaries, etc. Who knows!!

Of the players I have seen during this forgettable season, I'd see the basis of our team to be;

Clifford,
Hobson (who has become more solid as the season progressed, but please....not at right back!), Lennon,
Cordner,
Taylor,
Walsh
and Rush.

Philips, Dieng and Kyprianou as benchers and Nathaniel George if he can replicate his Crawley YouTube showreel ability.

Finally Brown stays, Ron is locked in his office (and allowed to take only incoming calls) and a new CEO is appointed.

Irrespective I'll be there next season and I'm sure it will be more rewarding than this one. COYB!
We've sponsored Harry Lennon for three seasons, I've defended him staunchly, but you can't seriously expect we'd keep him in the NL? He's one of our higher earners and has had some pretty horrific injuries which must make his legs suspect now anyway.

I've said this on the match report from yesterday:

There's actually only three players in our current squad under contract - assuming they don't have relegation clauses - Phillips, Akinola and Nathaniel-George. Of those with options, you have several high wage earners and I don't expect many of the options to be exercised, Seaden, Howard, Clifford, Egbri and Rush probably. All of these could do well next season with the right manager in place.

Add to that, I'd keep John and Ricky if they will accept the salary implications. I suspect all the others will want to stay in the EFL and be looking for Clubs. Of the loanees, I'd love to keep Kyle Taylor and Taylor Cordner, but very much doubt they would go into the NL.

Clifford,
Cordner,
Taylor,
Walsh
and Rush.

You would keep Lennon?

Our form has been okay since before Christmas. At least we've stopped the rot and we are not getting whupped every week. Hopefully we go down with three wins on the bounce.
Going down with three wins on the bounce would actually **** me right off. Three wins too late, makes you wonder “what if” ..

You would keep Lennon?

Absolutely not - no way good enough or reliable enough.

If John White had been fit and playing before November we would have been mid-table. Or if Dieng had been at centre half when White was out.

Lennon, Ralph, Klass and a few others - Molesley completely overestimated their ability.

We've sponsored Harry Lennon for three seasons, I've defended him staunchly, but you can't seriously expect we'd keep him in the NL? He's one of our higher earners and has had some pretty horrific injuries which must make his legs suspect now anyway.

I've said this on the match report from yesterday:

There's actually only three players in our current squad under contract - assuming they don't have relegation clauses - Phillips, Akinola and Nathaniel-George. Of those with options, you have several high wage earners and I don't expect many of the options to be exercised, Seaden, Howard, Clifford, Egbri and Rush probably. All of these could do well next season with the right manager in place.

Add to that, I'd keep John and Ricky if they will accept the salary implications. I suspect all the others will want to stay in the EFL and be looking for Clubs. Of the loanees, I'd love to keep Kyle Taylor and Taylor Cordner, but very much doubt they would go into the NL.

And Walsh and Ferguson are under contract.

I think White and Holmes will stay and maybe Demetriou - their only other options will be retirement or Colchester. Dieng I reckon will be offered something.

Phil has already shown what he thinks of Akinola and ANG. If he stays they won’t be nor possibly Ferguson. Phillips isn’t physically strong enough.

You‘ve then got to think how many of the others will get better offers bearing in mind they have just got relegated.

The hard one is the youngsters - who might want to chance their arm and stay in the League somewhere if they get offers. Low cost low risk for other clubs but would they be good enough to get us back up if we keep them?

Back