• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Rebuilding for the NL season

And Walsh and Ferguson are under contract.

I think White and Holmes will stay and maybe Demetriou - their only other options will be retirement or Colchester. Dieng I reckon will be offered something.

Phil has already shown what he thinks of Akinola and ANG. If he stays they won’t be nor possibly Ferguson. Phillips isn’t physically strong enough.

You‘ve then got to think how many of the others will get better offers bearing in mind they have just got relegated.

The hard one is the youngsters - who might want to chance their arm and stay in the League somewhere if they get offers. Low cost low risk for other clubs but would they be good enough to get us back up if we keep them?
Holmes is past it even for the national league. Can’t afford passengers. He hasn’t achieved anything since he signed on.

Of the players I have seen during this forgettable season, I'd see the basis of our team to be;

Seadon (can't afford Oxley any more),
Clifford,
Hobson (who has become more solid as the season progressed, but please....not at right back!), Lennon,
Cordner,
Taylor,
Walsh
and Rush.

Ricky Holmes and Jon White if they continue playing.

Philips, Dieng and Kyprianou as benchers and Nathaniel George if he can replicate his Crawley YouTube showreel ability.

Finally Brown stays, Ron is locked in his office (and allowed to take only incoming calls) and a new CEO is appointed.

Irrespective I'll be there next season and I'm sure it will be more rewarding than this one. COYB!

No Egbri? He’d be the first one I’d keep. So much heart and fight and a decent amount of ability certainly at this level. Losing him to injury when we did was a real nail in our coffin in my humble opinion.

I’d quite happily get rid of the lot of them. Let’s get a playing budget agreed and offload anyone who doesn’t fit within that. If the following do fit, I’d consider retaining them.

Seaden
Hobson
Clifford
White (if the medical staff think we’ll get 30 games out of him)
Ferguson
Rush
ANG
Walsh bizarrely
There are some youth team midfielders such as Klass and Phillips. If any of them are serious first team players (which I doubt) they can have another year too.

The rest of them - bon voyage.

Perhaps we should consider building a team around Jacob Mellis, Tes Bramble and Nile Ranger. You know....... Blues players with a little conviction!!!

The only way you'll get out of the NL, is to have a team of battlers throughout the team. It is very physical football at non-league level, be prepared for some bruising encounters. My team Doncaster Rovers only got out of the then Conference was scraping in every game, including the play-off final which we won against Dag&Red.

The only way you'll get out of the NL, is to have a team of battlers throughout the team. It is very physical football at non-league level, be prepared for some bruising encounters. My team Doncaster Rovers only got out of the then Conference was scraping in every game, including the play-off final which we won against Dag&Red.

Need to reunite PB with Dave Penney.........

Dave Penney got us promoted from the then Conference, wouldn't be a bad choice, knows non-league very well and how to get out of it.

Because we have been relegated would the academy or reserve team have any matches next season

I would hope Brown or whoever takes over from him sits down and studies teams like Bristol Rovers etc. who got back into the league fairly quickly to see how they managed it. Whether it was retaining league players, clearing down the decks, signing proven conference players or whatever.

It would also be useful to look at the teams who have smashed the league and been promoted in the last few seasons to try and work out a good nucleus/template for a squad.

If we know, for example, that of the successful teams, the average age was 29, 80% were experienced conference players, 70% were over 6ft battlers and every promoted team played 4-4-2 with an absolute lump upfront, it’ll give us a much better indication of where to recruit in the summer.

Absolutely no point going for proven league players and putting together a team that could hold its own in league two if they’ll be useless in the National league which is a totally different animal.

I really, really hope Ron sorts the management appointment out as quick as possible. He should be talking to and interviewing candidates now in case Brown doesn’t stay. There’s so much work to be done over the summer and that work should really be starting now.

I would hope Brown or whoever takes over from him sits down and studies teams like Bristol Rovers etc. who got back into the league fairly quickly to see how they managed it. Whether it was retaining league players, clearing down the decks, signing proven conference players or whatever.

It would also be useful to look at the teams who have smashed the league and been promoted in the last few seasons to try and work out a good nucleus/template for a squad.

If we know, for example, that of the successful teams, the average age was 29, 80% were experienced conference players, 70% were over 6ft battlers and every promoted team played 4-4-2 with an absolute lump upfront, it’ll give us a much better indication of where to recruit in the summer.

Absolutely no point going for proven league players and putting together a team that could hold its own in league two if they’ll be useless in the National league which is a totally different animal.

I really, really hope Ron sorts the management appointment out as quick as possible. He should be talking to and interviewing candidates now in case Brown doesn’t stay. There’s so much work to be done over the summer and that work should really be starting now.

Macauley Bonne isn’t an absolute lump. He’s a 5 foot 11 inch striker with an eye for goal. 23 in Orient’s promotion season.

Josh Koroma isn’t an absolute lump. He’s a 5 foot 10 inch striker with an eye for goal. 11 in Orient’s promotion season.

Rush might be our Koroma - we need to find our Bonne.

Jobi Macanuff ran the show - could Ricky Holmes be our Jobi?

Dean Brill kept goal - we desperately need to find a proper keeper.

There you go.

Back