• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

simply_blues

Coach
Forget this season, i'm afraid that despite there being in excess of 20 matches left, we will not avoid relegation - cue the rose-tinted glasses brigade to fire all kinds of unpleasantries in my direction

Quite simply, we can no longer blame bad luck, for while the side does have the potential to compete in this league, this has rarely been witnessed, and the gulf between the sides today seems immense. Morale throughout the club must be at rock bottom, and deep down, i'm sure that the management have conceded that this year was not meant to be, and that they are already planning for the 2007/8 season.

Without a doubt, there are members of the current squad who have not only been able to perform in this division, but it may need to be questioned whether they will provide enough of what is required to push the team forward next season.

It is, in my view, of extreme importance, that Freddie Eastwood be sold in January, as the funds from his sale will need to be invested shrewdly for the next campaign. Sadly, i don't feel that the considerable amount spent on players this season has proved to be money well spent by any means, and it is imperative that the correct personnel be brought in if we want to get straight back into this league in 2008.

Al

I agree with everything in that post! I think today is then end of any chance we have of staying up...we have to be realistic now and start planning for next season.

will anyone want Freddy though in January? Totesport are currently laying odds on which Championship player will head to a premiership side in the transfer window - and freddy is 6/1
David Dunn 15-8fav
Greg Halford - 11-4
Dave nugent - 7-2

Freddy can go in January if he can't be bothered with us anymore. His price tag drops every match he plays.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (essexgirl @ Dec. 23 2006,17:03)]will anyone want Freddy though in January? Totesport are currently laying odds on which Championship player will head to a premiership side in the transfer window - and freddy is 6/1
David Dunn 15-8fav
Greg Halford - 11-4
Dave nugent - 7-2
i'm sure that someone will sign him, but it will be a deal which suits us as well as him.

While his appearances of late have not been his best, the goal he scored against Man Ure will not have been lost on anybody.  I am sure that the recent cup run has brought in some much needed cash, but i feel that it will be more necessary to usilise cash from a potential sale of Eastwood which will enable the club to purchase the players required to bring about a return to the championship.  Quite frankly, too many members of the current team are not performing, and i don't need to point out who they are.  Needless to say that we probably need 5-7 new players, and the proceeds from the cup run alone will not be enough to bring in the calibre of players needed.

Al

maybe the 6/1 should be snapped up then!!
wink.gif

I wouldn't give you a new caravan for Freddy after today. Lots of talk of women etc......looks like its effecting his game.

Thought today was pathetic, left everything on the pitch on Wednesday. First goal should have been a foul to us, ridiculous decision but after that it was a lesson in pace, wanting it, touch, control and having a shot at goal.....did we have a shot on target today?
rock.gif
JCR really upset at being taken off today, did great work tracking back but I would guess his total number of balls into the box was tha same as his per game average.....NIL. He should be delivering and has not since he has been here, lets get an out and out winger to deliver.

Everyone else okay but just not good enough, all looked knackered so God knows what they will be like by New Years day? Tilly is targetiing 7 points for the Christmas games....Seven shots on target would be good!

Reallly cannot see us getting out of this now and cannot see who would want to come here in January, seriously do not think Freddy will go because it will only be other Championship clubs coming in after him.

ANyway rant over, realy p***ed off as today was a waste of a day when I could have been doing so many other things

Happy Christmas everyone and come on the Blues!!

Back