• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Surprised no-one else seems to have mentioned this, but perhaps you haven't seen your post yet. We ain't there yet guys!

Big brown envelope from the Communities and Local Government office re:
Town and Country Planning Act 1990 - Section 77
Applications by Southend United Football Club
Land part of Fossetts Farm and Southend United FC training ground, north of Eastern Avenue, Southend on Sea and land at Temple Farm, north of Smithers Chase, Sutton Road, Rochford
Application refs: SOS/06/01300/FUL and 06/00943/FUL
1. Following her letter of 5 March, the Secretary of State has received the following documents:​
  • a Deed of Variation dated 21 April 2008 made by Southend on Sea Borough Council, South East Leisure UK Ltd, Tribeca Property Southend Company Ltd and Bank of Scotland plc​
  • a letter dated 22 April 2008 from Dechert LLP which you have submitted along with the above Deed​
  • an e-mail dated 21 April 2008 from Carl Dyer of Osborn Clark on behalf of Southend Estates Group plc​
  • a letter dated 10 April 2008 from Gerald Eve on behalf of Warner Estate Holdings​
  • a letter dated 20 March 2008 from Montagu Evans PPL on behalf of Delamere Estates Ltd and the National Grid UK Pension Scheme​
  • a letter dated 8 March 2008 from Peter B C Bliss.​

2. In view of its particular legal function, we are only circulating copies of this Deed of Variation to those who are statutory parties to the inquiry. However, this document is available to anyone who wishes to see it. If the Deed of Variation is not enclosed with the letter and you would like a copy ..........

3. The Secretary of State will take account of all of the documents listed in paragraph 1 above in her consideration of the above applications. She invites further comment on the issues raised in all these documents within 21 days of the date of this letter (that is, by 19 May 2008). As soon as practicable thereafter, the Secretary of State will circulate the representations for comment, giving a further 21 days within which final comments may be made.

Variation of timetable

4. The Secretary of State considers that she will not be in a position to reach a decision on this application by 27 May 2008, as previously notified, because of the need to allow parties time to comment on the material listed in paragraph 1 above. Therefore, in the exercise of the power conferred on her by paragraph 6 (2) of......blah Act, she hereby gives notice that she has varied the timetable previously set and will now issue her decision on or before 7 July 2008.

And if anyone else has brought this up in the time it's taken me to type that lot, I'm going to be right mad!​

Hmmmmm Very interesting Kay...I think this deserves a place in the main Forum for discussion.

That's what I thought, there are copies of all these letters referred to, but I'm no expert on legalese so not entirely confident of what they're saying, but I think some are making representation for reasons against the build.

The Dechert letter seems to highlight 3 issues outstanding relating to the Deed; the e-mail from Osborne Clark says that their client and the applicant (SUFC etc) are " a significant distance apart in terms of their respective assessment's of the value of the client's land interest in the Fossetts Farm site"; the letter from Gerald Eve seems to be to do with seeking an agreement that the retail area would not become operational until such time as the stadium is complete; the letter from Mr Bliss is handwritten and I can't decipher the guy's writing, but seems to be something to do with the crematorium and the one from Montagu Evans seems to be the same as the Gerald Eve one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back