• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recent events in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC are there with live coverage

Which wasn't as good as that on live Spanish TV news.The live pictures from that until 10pm (9pm UK) clearly showed a woman after being shot carried away on a stretcher from inside Congress.

Some hours later on Newsnight, Newsnight's live reporter on the scene couldn't verify this is what had happened, though he'd seen the bloodstains on the floor.Meanwhile my wife getting updates on her mobile (from El Periodico) informed me that the woman had died.

Which wasn't as good as that on live Spanish TV news.The live pictures from that until 10pm (9pm UK) clearly showed a woman after being shot carried away on a stretcher from inside Congress.

Some hours later on Newsnight, Newsnight's live reporter on the scene couldn't verify this is what had happened, though he'd seen the bloodstains on the floor.Meanwhile my wife getting updates on her mobile (from El Periodico) informed me that the woman had died.

A few sources online have named her as Ashli Babbit, a 14-year Air Force veteran.

Her Twitter account has been taken down, but there are various screenshots of her content, and unsurprisingly she was a victim of the Q-Cult.

There is also a video showing the moment she tried to get through a window, and was shot. However anyone looks at this, she died a completely senseless death.

Her Twitter account has been taken down, but there are various screenshots of her content, and unsurprisingly she was a victim of the Q-Cult.
Strange that she's presented as a victim of the Q-Cult, which I do agree with to a certain extent. However, she's also a domestic terrorist with her own agency. We treat white domestic terrorists as victim of cults, but brown Muslim terrorists (or black looters) aren't treated in the same way and given similar excuses. This isn't a dig at you, but we already see the whitewashing coming into play.

Yes she was a white veteran and I always want to see de-escalation rather than bloodshed, and mob mentality means people will get swept up in things... but ultimately she decided to try and climb through a window into a federal building, potentially when senators and congresspeople were in session.

Last edited:
Strange that she's present as a victim of the Q-Cult, which I do agree with to a certain extent. However, she's also a domestic terrorist with her own agency. We treat white domestic terrorists as victim of cults, but brown Muslim terrorists (or black looters) aren't treated in the same way and given similar excuses. This isn't a dig at you, but we already see the whitewashing coming into play.

Yes she was a white veteran and I always want to see de-escalation rather than bloodshed, and mob mentality means people will get swept up in things... but ultimately she decided to try and climb through a window into a federal building, potentially when senators and congresspeople were in session.

Interestingly,I saw a black guy on BBC's lunchtime news pointing out that all the protesters were white and imagine what would have happened if they'd been black.Hadn't thought about it until then and of course he was right.

Interestingly,I saw a black guy on BBC's lunchtime news pointing out that all the protesters were white and imagine what would have happened if they'd been black.Hadn't thought about it until then and of course he was right.

This is the capitol during the BLM protests - I don't think these guys would've stood there whilst the protesters marched in
1610030368278.png

Strange that she's present as a victim of the Q-Cult, which I do agree with to a certain extent. However, she's also a domestic terrorist with her own agency. We treat white domestic terrorists as victim of cults, but brown Muslim terrorists (or black looters) aren't treated in the same way and given similar excuses. This isn't a dig at you, but we already see the whitewashing coming into play.

I don’t think it’s strange she’s presented as a victim, because essentially she is. She’s just not a stereotypical victim.

Sadly for her, she was the victim of an ever growing, powerful cult which actively targeted people like her.

Most of these cults are built on the same footing; religion, injustice & the promise of a better future. Once they get you, it’s very hard to get away.

However the difference in this scenario to other terrorist cults - aside from her ethnicity - is that her crime wasn’t heinous. She set out to cause disorder & disruption... not blow up innocent people.

Trying to clamber through a window was an opportunistic move, not one that had been planned & rehearsed.

She died wrapped in a Trump flag that she had used as a makeshift cape. I don’t suppose she started her day thinking that was at all possible, let alone probable. Was she willing to die for her cause? Maybe, but we’ll never know.

Is it her ethnicity that gives her a small amount of grace, or the fact that her crime was one of stupidity more than violence towards innocent people? I’d say it’s a bit of both, personally.

In fact, If I were going to liken her to anyone/anything, it’d be the Branch Davidians more than ISIS.

Like I said, ultimately it was just a senseless, pointless & avoidable death, but at the end of the day, she won’t get much sympathy from me because as the old saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This thread has been created from posts in the 'What's hacking you off' thread. Its been created on the assumption that it can be kept politics free. Please try and follow that advice, thanks.

My 78 year old aunt who lives in California is getting married next August. We're supposed to be flying out for the wedding. I hope (assume) it will have settled down by then, and that includes getting a handle on Covid.

If not I might have to rethink.

I find it amazing people can just walk around with assault rifles in parts of the US.

I’ll see your assault rifle, and raise you one bazooka

DF687DA5-1CCE-483C-A3E8-6B87940F6EA5.jpeg

Seriously, what goes through a persons mind, just as they’re about to leave the house and pop down to Subway for a delicious meatball marinara, and they suddenly realise the need to take a ****ing RPG with them.

“Right... phone, fags, keys, wallet, that’s it, I’m all set... oh **** wait... almost forgot me bazooka. I swear I’d forget me head if it wasn’t screwed on”.

Sorry to spoil the part but I have seen the vids and you are being conned once again.

I have seen her being shot. Remember ‘Blood gate’ with rugby union.... exactly the same. Lying on the floor with no blood then the Hollywood capsule in the mouth seconds later. The guy with the blue hoody next to her is conveniently allowed to go free but be interviewed.

He claims he held her and spoke to her.... He didn’t and when he holds his hands up the blood is fake. It’s to watery, so dries like the vanishing ink you bought from the joke shop in the 70’s.

Nicely timed for a clamp down on all these ‘Right wing conspiracy’ groups.

plenty of other footage of he staging but that enough for now.

This is not a political post so don’t bother trying to twist what I have said.

Last edited:
Sorry to spoil the partbut I have seen the vids and you are being conned once again.

I have seen her being shot. Remember ‘Blood gate’ with rugby union.... exactly the same. Lying on the floor with no blood then the Hollywood cspysukse in the mouth seconds later. The guy with the blue hoody next to her is conveniently allowed to go free but be interviewed.

He claims he held her and spoke to her.... He didn’t and when he holds his hands up the blood is fake. It’s to watery, so dries like the vanishing ink you bought from the joke shop in the 70’s.

Nicely timed for a clamp down on all these ‘Right wing conspiracy’ groups.

plenty of other footage of he staging but that enough for now.

This is not a political post so don’t bother trying to twist what I have said.
Brilliant

Forgot to say blue hoody isn’t even a Trump supporter... Just anti government from New Jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back