• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Its getting tough out there folks and I think we are for a bit of a pasting if fuel prices keep rising and our economy is slowing. Recieved my gas bill today. for one quarter £311, and the only thing run on gas is the boiler. Lots of colleagues I worked with last year are really finding it difficult to find work with half decent salary, and alot of them are struggling. I just feel personaily that alot of people are batoning down the hatches and the new car and expensive holiday is going out the window. I am working two jobs at the moment and was hoping to give up of them and go self employed but work is slowing down and I might have to reconsider my plans.
Is anyone else worried? Does anyone else think that we are in for a tough time over the ensuing months!

Check it wasn't an estimated bill. If it was a proper read then you probably had an estimate (more than one perhaps?) that was too low. Check your estimates, because if the prices go up again, you will be paying more than you needed to.

And I thought our £189-00 gas bill was obscene. Mind you, our neighbour got a double wammy today with a £400 gas bill and another £400 for electricity. Glad I invested in camping gear years ago. At least we can have a cheapish holiday without breaking the bank. Glad that morgage is gone as well.

And I thought our £189-00 gas bill was obscene. Mind you, our neighbour got a double wammy today with a £400 gas bill and another £400 for electricity. Glad I invested in camping gear years ago. At least we can have a cheapish holiday without breaking the bank. Glad that morgage is gone as well.

The meter was read over a week ago, and I pay by direct debit, so it was steep in my opinion. I have an oldish boiler that works fine, but is obviously not the most ecinomical. Its not just the bills it does seem that alot of people i now are generally worried about there jobs and what finances they are going to have in the next 18 months to 2 years. I am in the same position, luckily "mortage free "but you would be surprised how many people have stretched there finances to the limit over the last few years.

I wouldn't be surprised, I was one of them. I have had to sort out the money side of things to get into the position that I am now in. It's been a struggle but worth it. Thats not to say that a little belt tightening is not in order. At least my debt is now counted in hundreds not thousands, that wasn't much fun I can tell you.

Back