• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recommendations for books for son to read please!

Can anyone please recommend any books for our 11 year old to read. He gets through a book a day when he is in full reading mode. He has read the following amongst many others, C.S Lewis Narnia books, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Darren Shan (Cirque du Freak series), Anthony Horrowitz (Alex Rider series). Any suggestions gratefully received as he is just re-reading all his favourites, I usually order books for him in english off of french amazon but he can read in french as well.

Please forgive the punctuation and grammar in this posting as alas Mr Berrichone Shrimper is not typing this.

His Dark Material Trilogy by Phillip Pullman, possibly the finest books written.

Just bought my boy The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy for his 11th bday if that helps

I seem to remember reading LotR before senior school, so I'm hoping he'll be ok with it, but you're right in that he needs The Hobbit as an introduction to it.

Classics by Robert Louis Stevenson - Treasure Island & Kidnapped. I agree about Lord of the Flies I read that when I was about 12. Some other favourites of mine were HG Wells, some Dickens, I loved the Just William books by Richmal Crompton they still make me laugh to this day.

been advised these too by someone with suitably aged book reading kids. Artemis Fowl, and the Michelle Paver series. Still reckon Tolkien myself though

Napper Goes for Goal

Failing that, when I was a bit older than that, I read some Eric Van Lustbader and Wilbur Smith. When I was about 11, I remember this book - Falcon's Malteser by Antony Horowitz. Oh, also, Terry Pratchett is good fun as well for younger readers.

AS (and id say a better alternate to LORT and Hobbit ) Ursla Le Quinns Earthsea Quartete . Half teh size of LORT and yet just as much flavour and yummy goddess ;)

Arnt Chalrie Higsosn Young Bond novels supposed to be good as well ?

Can anyone please recommend any books for our 11 year old to read. He gets through a book a day when he is in full reading mode. He has read the following amongst many others, C.S Lewis Narnia books, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Darren Shan (Cirque du Freak series), Anthony Horrowitz (Alex Rider series). Any suggestions gratefully received as he is just re-reading all his favourites, I usually order books for him in english off of french amazon but he can read in french as well.

Please forgive the punctuation and grammar in this posting as alas Mr Berrichone Shrimper is not typing this.

Sounds like you have a very bright child there Tone

Takes after his mother and sister,after 3 years at french school he is top of the class in most subjects but he really does read a book a day,i read a book every 8 years.im sure he is going to be gay.

Back