• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recommendations needed - Chinese takeaway near a127

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
can anyone recommend a decent takeaway which:

1) serves in plastic pots, not foil (to be eaten in car)
2) decent food
3) can possibly mix rice / chow mein and a main in one container

Al and Justin at Hong Kong House only do foil pots, as do jade garden nr the bell, the one near bonnikels is manky food, wahs garden isn't that nice, and i've heard bad stories about yu's (and got banned from there when younger, but theyve changed owners).

needs to be between southchurch (southchurch road) or very close to a127 for a bite to eat whilst on the move. cheers all

ps if any of the above have changed in last 6 years I am open to hearing about them.

Very specific requirements here, and not sure I can think of any that serve in a plastic pot. The Thai at the top of Thames Drive does, but I think that doesn't qualify on two counts!!

You could always take your own bowl and decant your takeaway into that. Just a thought.

can't chuck my bowl into the central reservation, you didn't think that one through fully!!!

Shame on you. Actually, you've a point.

Stick it in the footwell and wash it out.

The 'Eastwood' Chinese near the Woodcutters pub in Eastwood Road North, Leigh, serves food in plastic containers. Probably shuts in about 20 mins you may have to be quick.

no, its for future journeys, thanks for the recommendation, last time i had a foil pot and burnt my leg, which is not good whilst driving and trying to eat with chopsticks. It came in two pots too rather than one, which was a bit of a **** really

few years ago had a shocking experience,

purchased a chinese after drinking a gallon of stella,chucked up because the grub tasted iffy,several days later the place was shut down by the council for using rotted food with vermin and other creepy crawlies amonst the grub as well.

since then never touched it.

another tale,

did some work in the most dirtiest flat in history,the guy who lived there had an abundance of open sores on both arms,turned out he was the cook at my fav indian takeaway,never touched it since.

last time i had a foil pot and burnt my leg, which is not good whilst driving and trying to eat with chopsticks.

You can eat a Chinese takeaway with chopsticks AND drive at the same time? I'm impressed with your multi-tasking skills!

There is an 'eat as much as you like' near Bakers Bar, called East (I think). Not sure if they do takeaway? They might be happy to throw a bit of everything into a container for you?

i'm sure you've all been considering this carefully over the last week or so.

Any more suggestions?

i'm sure you've all been considering this carefully over the last week or so.

Any more suggestions?

I know a Chinese takeaway near the A127 that serves great grub in burn free plastic containers , also has a hands free chopstick connection , the containers are a new revolutionary kind that can double as a bird's nest and little warren for a Rabbit so you will have no enviromental issues on your concense when tossed onto the central reservation !!

On second thoughts though mate , it might not really be what your looking for to be honest ..........sorry .

Last edited:
mate I don't care about the envionment side of it, my taxes pay for some one to pick it up, and beside the leftover rice is a dinner for a tramp (call it a charitable donation), I just dont want a red rectangle on my legs when i get home!!

Back