• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
The legend that is BBBC notched his 6th FA Cup goal for the club tonight (and in just 5+2 FA Cup appearances). Where does this put him in the all-time FA Cup scorers list for SUFC?

I expect Billy Best is top courtesy of the Kings Lynn and Brentwood Cup games with Gary Moore probably in second, but Corr must be well up there as I can't think of anyone who has scored more in the FA Cup in my time.

Anyone got the full list?

The legend that is BBBC notched his 6th FA Cup goal for the club tonight (and in just 5+2 FA Cup appearances). Where does this put him in the all-time FA Cup scorers list for SUFC?

I expect Billy Best is top courtesy of the Kings Lynn and Brentwood Cup games with Gary Moore probably in second, but Corr must be well up there as I can't think of anyone who has scored more in the FA Cup in my time.

Just had a quick look at SUFCDB; alas you can't sort players by FA Cup goals so I may have missed one or two....

Roy Hollis - 15
Billy Best - 15
Albert Wakefield - 11
Gary Moore - 7
Tes Bramble - 7

Exactly 8! So a revised list:

Roy Hollis - 15
Billy Best - 15
Albert Wakefield - 11
Sammy McCrory - 8
Billy Hick - 7
Gary Moore - 7
Tes Bramble - 7

Sorry Billy Hick should be 7 (one was disallowed ....... or, more like, I can't count !)

Wow, Tes got 7 FA Cup goals?

I remember Chesterfield away (surprisingly considering the amount of alcohol consumed) and against Luton, but he was obviously even more of a big game player than I gave him credit for.

Fifth round, in 92/93. Also some time in the 1970s, but I'll leave that to one of our more 'experienced' members to confirm!

75-76 season. lost to Derby County 1-0 at the old Baseball Grd. Derby went out to Man U in the semi final. Derby in the mid 70's were a top team.

Yorkshire Blue said:
Wow, Tes got 7 FA Cup goals?

I remember Chesterfield away (surprisingly considering the amount of alcohol consumed) and against Luton, but he was obviously even more of a big game player than I gave him credit for.
Think he got 1 away at Hartlepool in a replay that we won 2-1

Tes Brambles 7 Cup goals:
2001-02 Luton ..............Home.... two goals
2001-02 Chesterfield ......Away.... one goal
2002-03 Hartlepool........ Away.... one goal
2002-03 Bournemouth... Away ....one goal
2003-04 Canvey island... Away ....one goal
2003-04 Lincoln City..... Home ....one goal

DoDtS

As an aside, what's the furthest we've ever got in the FA Cup?

Fifth round, in 92/93. Also some time in the 1970s, but I'll leave that to one of our more 'experienced' members to confirm!

1975/1976 F.A. Cup 5th Round Sat 14 Feb Derby County 1 - 0 Southend Utd.

We have in fact reached the 5th Round of the FA Cup four times in our history, with the most recent of those, as mentioned above, occurring 20 years ago now. The previous occasion when we got that far prior to the Derby County match in 1976 was back in the 1951/52 season, when we played all five of our matches at home, eventually losing 2-1 to Second Division Sheffield United.

Our first appearance in the FA Cup 5th Round was way back in the 1925/26 season, when once again all five of our matches were played at home. This time we went down 1-0 in the 5th Round to Second Division Nottingham Forest.

Interestingly, we have never had a replay in any of the cup campaigns which have taken us all the way to the 5th Round.

Drewe Broughton : 187 goals

Ah, someone else haunted by that miss against Scarborough that cost us a tie against Chelsea:nope::sad::'(.

Glad to hear he it at least puts it away half the time in your dreams though.

Indeed - he just gets the glory though. In most of his goals Neil Campbell has done the spade work beating 14 players on a mazy run before putting it on a plate for Drewe 2 yards out. I hate those fox in the box types

Back