• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Adrians Records in Wickford will always be my favourite

Heard good reports about that one - never got there though.

Used to be a good one just on the approach to Leicester Square from Charing Cross Road called 'Steve's Sounds.' Picked up an old Geno Washington LP from there out of curiosity shortly after hearing Dexy's ode to the great man...

Heard good reports about that one - never got there though.

Used to be a good one just on the approach to Leicester Square from Charing Cross Road called 'Steve's Sounds.' Picked up an old Geno Washington LP from there out of curiosity shortly after hearing Dexy's ode to the great man...

When I first went there, I spent 2 hours going through EVERYTHING.

I forgot I was with my Mum. I found her bored stiff in the car park...

Just reading Danny Baker's autobiography. Did anyone here go to 'One Stop Records' on South Molton Street where he used to work?

Just reading Danny Baker's autobiography. Did anyone here go to 'One Stop Records' on South Molton Street where he used to work?

Yes in the early 70`s - though would have thought Danny was too young to be there then - used to see John Peel there regularly though :cricko:

Yes in the early 70`s - though would have thought Danny was too young to be there then - used to see John Peel there regularly though :cricko:

He left school at 15 and worked there in '72 according to Wiki.

He left school at 15 and worked there in '72 according to Wiki.

And indeed his book. Lucky sod - left school before taking any exams and a couple of days later a mate who had been working at the record shop got another job and asked if Baker fancied taking his place. If he is to be believed, serving the likes of Mark Bolan, Mick Jagger and Elton John was pretty de rigeur. As was getting a lot of sex (not necessarily with those three).

Back