• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Ensuring Southend fans are aware there will be no quick fix to the current problems within the club is crucial for the project to succeed, believes Collymore”

:Facepalm:Oh **** we’re screwed then. Too many expecting success immediately and can’t separate what went on previously from the new regime.

I think we need to move players on before new recruits come in otherwise we are going to have a massive squad. I know we have some budget left but if we can move them on we can target the better players

I think we need to move players on before new recruits come in otherwise we are going to have a massive squad. I know we have some budget left but if we can move them on we can target the better players

According to most on here our players are awful and the worst squad in the history of the Club, so who will want them? How do we move them on?

According to most on here our players are awful and the worst squad in the history of the Club, so who will want them? How do we move them on?
Loan them to teams in lower leagues. We will only have to pay a certain percentage of their wage and they will probably find their level then.

A lot of us said the players we got rid of last season were rubbish and most signed for EFL clubs and majority are doing well. These players would probably play better at clubs that are not as toxic as our just like our ex players from last season

Loan them to teams in lower leagues. We will only have to pay a certain percentage of their wage and they will probably find their level then.

A lot of us said the players we got rid of last season were rubbish and most signed for EFL clubs and majority are doing well. These players would probably play better at clubs that are not as toxic as our just like our ex players from last season

Don’t forget, any lower down and most sides are semi-pro, and won’t afford to be able to pay a percentage of their wages. The players that have gone on loan so far, we’ve been paying the full wages so makes no difference to the budget.

What players do you suggest we loan to lower levels? What players would actually want to go? Nathan Ferguson, as an example, turned down a move to Aldershot, what makes you think he’ll sign for a National League South side on loan?

Last edited:
Don’t forget, any lower done and most sides are semi-pro, and won’t afford to be able to pay a percentage of their wages. The players that have gone on loan so far, we’ve been paying the full wages so makes no difference to the budget.

What players do you suggest we loan to lower levels? What players would actually want to go? Nathan Ferguson, as an example, turned down a move to Aldershot, what makes you think he’ll sign for a National League South side on loan?
Depends on the player really

Farnborough have a lot of cash we could loan them a couple. There are the odd lower clubs where the chairman is pumping a lot of money into them to get them into the football league. It has always happened

Depends on the player really

Farnborough have a lot of cash we could loan them a couple. There are the odd lower clubs where the chairman is pumping a lot of money into them to get them into the football league. It has always happened

Can you imagine any of our senior players, who fans have deemed not good enough, dropping down the levels to play on loan? If our players are as bad as some fans make out, will they take them?

You’ve picked one example. I don’t know if Farnborough do have money behind them or not, but what if they don’t want any of our “rejects”.

It’s so easy to say “get rid of X, then we can bring in Y & Z”, but it’s a lot move difficult doing it. We tried numerous times to terminate Akinola’s deal with us, and he turned down at least two moves away from the Club as well during the summer and early part of the season. If a player doesn’t want to leave (for whatever reason), it’s very difficult to move them on.

That’s because we are in our lowest position in the football tiers for 105yrs, so “most on here” are 100% correct in thinking this is “the worst squad in the history of the club”

Who would want them… gawd knows!

That’s because we are in our lowest position in the football tiers for 105yrs, so “most on here” are 100% correct in thinking this is “the worst squad in the history of the club”

Thats a rather simplistic way of looking at things though.

I think our League One winning squad was better than our Championship relegation squad the following season, but by your way of looking at things I’d be wrong because they finished higher.

If you look after victories this season, some people have said we have the makings of a decent squad and listed certain players, then we’d lose the next two and the same posters would say the worst squad in our history. Who says football fans are fickle.

If, by some miracle, Kev, Currie & Benno got a tune out of this squad, and we snuck into the play offs and went up, the same posters would claim that players were legends etc. Yet, if we carry on our current form and suffered a third consecutive relegation, they’d be the worst again.

Last edited:

If any of them are any good at painting and decorating, I might be prepared to take them on loan for a week or two.

I think our League One winner squad was better than our Championship relegation squad the following season, but by your way of looking at things I’d be wrong because they finished higher.

If you look after victories this season, some people have said we have the makings of a decent squad and listed certain players, then we’d lose the next two and the same posters would say the worst squad in our history. Who says football fans are fickle.

If, by some miracle, Kev, Currie & Benno got a tune out of this squad, and we snuck into the play offs and went up, the same posters would claim that players were legends etc. Yet, if we carry on our current form and suffered a third consecutive relegation, they’d be the worst again.

That's a fickle post about football fans if ever I've seen one. What club is different?

'Some posters' is vague and shows no justification to an opinion.

If we go down this season every player on a contract with us should retire as they clearly would be stealing a living haha

I think our League One winner squad was better than our Championship relegation squad the following season, but by your way of looking at things I’d be wrong because they finished higher.

That's a fickle post about football fans if ever I've seen one. What club is different?

'Some posters' is vague and shows no justification to an opinion.

Its true though. Every Club is the same. I’ve listened to Man United fans ring TalkSPORT and claim this is the worst squad they’ve ever seen. Every Club has fickle football fans, and the vast majority of us are, let’s be honest about that. I’ve been fickle about players in the past, and I probably will again in the future. Everyone will have that one player they thought was amazing and then said they were rubbish or the other way around.

You can read the posts yourself and see the posters. Don’t feel the need to name names when it’s pretty obvious if you look at the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back