• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we had a high-up member of the club that could keep us updated regularly on .... oh wait ... Burnt that bridge already
No we didn't, he did by acting like a child. It's not our fault he's obsessed with being loved and can't take a ounce of feedback. If that's the way he is then the football industry really isn't for him.

No we didn't, he did by acting like a child. It's not our fault he's obsessed with being loved and can't take a ounce of feedback. If that's the way he is then the football industry really isn't for him.
Interesting to review his original post that started this thread. The credibility gap more than three weeks later is wider than the Grand Canyon.

Think there must be deeper problems within the club. As to why we haven’t signed anymore loan players. Suppose SU recall their 2 players. We will deeper in the sh-t than ever.
I honestly thought (stupidly) that some more loan players would have arrived by now.

I think my issue is that since this thread came out in mid November stating that Stan had been to all the clubs under the sun, which I don't doubt, who are willing to help, all the club talk about is signing the "right player". You can't tell me that we have not been able to sign a single player vetter than what we have now. Sod long term for a bit and think of pure survival this season and kick on from there and get some more loan players in.

Not really there’s nothing there that can’t be still true.
Perhaps you would care to define 'in hand'. In my dictionary it means 'receiving or requiring immediate attention' or 'ready for use if required'. More than three weeks on, those words, like many other extravagant and boastful comments, have a hollow ring.

What confuses me is that so many of our fans were willing to turn on Ron in October, despite Brown IMO being largely the reason for our poor start.

Yet now there are, according to very well respected posters, actually serious financial issues behind the scenes stopping the likes of Collymore from getting players into the club, people are ignoring it and blaming Stan!

Things will never change at this club while Ron Martin is at the helm.

I don't believe so. I shouted about him from the rooftops. Ex-Arsenal youth, grew up in Southend and went to SHSB, and most importantly - hit double figures in goals from CM in 2 out of the last 4 National League campaigns. He was available on a free and I believe he'd have come here. I sent emails to the club about him but seems Phil wasn't interested. Sod all the goals and assists, if he didn't meet Phil's expectations for kilometres sprinted per game, then he wasn't for him!

Can't believe we let him slip through our fingers.

It might come down to our reputation in football at the time and if we was prepared to offer anything what he is on now. As Stan said he wants to get us to the front of the queue with players rather than being the 14th option.

How do you know that? Isn't it just as possible that the club did make contact and (because he's local) he knows better than most what a basket case of a club we are, and turned us down?
I'm 99% sure from the discussions I've had with people that would know, and the emails I received back, that he wasn't even considered by PB and RD.

What confuses me is that so many of our fans were willing to turn on Ron in October, despite Brown IMO being largely the reason for our poor start.

Yet now there are, according to very well respected posters, actually serious financial issues behind the scenes stopping the likes of Collymore from getting players into the club, people are ignoring it and blaming Stan!

Agreed. Who wants to join us if you can't have a hot shower or pay the wages??!!

Do we blame Stan for the lack of hot showers now? He has a big contact list of respected plumbers but it's all gone silent

Agreed. Who wants to join us if you can't have a hot shower or pay the wages??!!

Do we blame Stan for the lack of hot showers now? He has a big contact list of respected plumbers but it's all gone silent

The real problem is Stan may have a very long list of contacts but I'll guarantee its not as long as Rons list of people who are owed money.

I'm 99% sure from the discussions I've had with people that would know, and the emails I received back, that he wasn't even considered by PB and RD.

So you don't 100% know. Either way, that's not really the point. The point is that there could be any number of reasons, all I did was point out that your conclusion wasn't the only one. After all, you even said yourself "it seems" which implies there could be many reasons. He may have been dismissed as a serious option because they knew they couldn't afford him.

Again, that may or may not be the case, but it's as likely as any other,

But, but. Who is the source?

Nothing wRONg at the club, all is fine.

We haven't signed anyone for 5 weeks because of due diligence.

No - can't blame Stan for lack of hot showers- that would come under the remit of Tom wouldn't it. It seems odd that a bloke with solid reputation can't resolve an issue like that pretty quickly doesn't it? Perhaps he, and Stan and John all have their hands tied behind their backs financially?

Lawyers needed to investigate and defend serious fraud cases are very expensive and will have to spend a lot of time doing their job......

I don't believe so. I shouted about him from the rooftops. Ex-Arsenal youth, grew up in Southend and went to SHSB, and most importantly - hit double figures in goals from CM in 2 out of the last 4 National League campaigns. He was available on a free and I believe he'd have come here. I sent emails to the club about him but seems Phil wasn't interested. Sod all the goals and assists, if he didn't meet Phil's expectations for kilometres sprinted per game, then he wasn't for him!

Can't believe we let him slip through our fingers.

This is completely true. We were Josh's first choice, and the club would have signed him. Brown was the one who scuppered the deal. I am reminded on Whatsapp of this regularly by those involved every time Josh delivers a maestro performance.

Exactly this..... the only way to change the overall direction of the football club is change of ownership! I'm sure swindon and Grimsby fans are missing there previous owner.

So you don't 100% know. Either way, that's not really the point. The point is that there could be any number of reasons, all I did was point out that your conclusion wasn't the only one. After all, you even said yourself "it seems" which implies there could be many reasons. He may have been dismissed as a serious option because they knew they couldn't afford him.

Again, that may or may not be the case, but it's as likely as any other,

This is completely true. We were Josh's first choice, and the club would have signed him. Brown was the one who scuppered the deal. I am reminded on Whatsapp of this regularly by those involved every time Josh delivers a maestro performance.

"It seems" was a sarcastic turn of phrase. Imagine me saying it whilst rolling my eyes. I try to use softer language when hinting at what I know, because I watch watch many people on here with IKR knowledge get hounded. But sorry to burst your bubble.....on this one, I know!

Tell you both now as well josh Rees is not going to come near the bottom of KM covered. Engine like 747 the boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back