• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaching staff have been here for nearly 7 weeks.
Stan has been here just over 4 weeks.
John Still has been here for 2 weeks.

Part of me looks at that and thinks, surely we could have brought in more than a couple of loanees from Currie's old team. However, I wonder if most of any potential new signings will be coming from John Still's networking.

Another part of me thinks this is a difficult time to sign players. While we don't have a transfer window, those above us do. Would they be willing to let fringe players leave if they can't replace them with better? I doubt it. For those in under 23s, if they were considering loaning them out this season, then they most likely would have done in the summer.

Of course we can sign players from the same league or leagues below, but then there are other issues. If they are playing well, then their club won't want them to leave. Can we (as a full-time club) make a better offer to a player who is playing part-time and most likely has a full-time job? Would they be willing to relocate or travel further for a one or two year deal?

I hope in a few weeks time we will be seeing rewards and players brought it, but it is looking pretty bleak at the moment.

Is there a Zoom call or supporter group meetings coming up?

Are we allowed to ask when things will change yet or are people still gonna cry and say the new management team have only had 6 weeks or something! Abysmal, useless, heartless and the list goes on. Get some new blood in asap. Told you collymore was full of fake promises!
Collymore out!!

People shot me down last week for saying Ron don’t have the cash, won’t pay a fee for a concord player, trouble paying staff at the club.
Time to bring back the Martin out chants, nothing has changed, if anything it’s got worse since we stopped, with Ron going to court. Something fishy is going on??‍♂️??‍♂️

Is that your opinion mate? You've been very supportive in the past, was it the whole crowd booing at the end of the game that changed your mind?
You’ve been booing Collymore since the start of course but there were only a handful of boos where I was sat.

You’ve been booing Collymore since the start of course but there were only a handful of boos where I was sat.
I was amazed how flat it was at the end. I heard a few boos in the south upper then this weird nothingness.

So much for players waiting to sign and contacts contacts contacts.

Something doesn't add up here and this team is woeful and struggled tonight against a terrible Maidenhead side.

Glenn Speller hinted we’ll know more about stuff this week. Same old. RM not going anywhere. Fans and club left to rot. We’re told to calm down. NLS a guarantee.

If it is an embargo I sadly see us not getting out of it this time. What with the current HMRC dealings we simply won’t be able to brush this under the carpet, such sad times ?

I could be completely off here but does the national league have differing rules from the football league regarding embargo’s/finances? ie can be a lot more strict with points deductions etc?

Only reason Stan ended up leaving is because some of us could clearly see right through him. It’s why he called us out because that’s what people do when they get caught out. His chats were all just a smoke screen. So much for a list of players ready to sign etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back