• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be completely off here but does the national league have differing rules from the football league regarding embargo’s/finances? ie can be a lot more strict with points deductions etc?
I think you are right. Didn’t Macclesfield get kicked out of the league for that

I could be completely off here but does the national league have differing rules from the football league regarding embargo’s/finances? ie can be a lot more strict with points deductions etc?
I think they have powers to throw teams out of the league for financial issues. Not 100% sure.

I'm a bit confused here.

If RM has ****ed up yet again and as a result we are under embargo preventing new players coming in. How is that the fault of Stan/Kev/Tom etc?

This is merely deja vu with decent people having their hands tied.

There are very good people involved at this club who have worked their nuts off to try and transform things. But unfortunately the rotten apple at the top is the constant reminder things will never fully change for the better, until he's gone.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen a Southend team walk off the pitch with their heads as low as that tonight, something is way way way off more than what’s just happening on the pitch.

All the people who called out Stan I think your part of the problem tbh. He updated us and sounds like got us a good ceo and a coaching team on paper all happy with if we are under a embargo hardly his fault and don’t see why anyone would be so negative to someone Tryna help. Some of our supporters are toxic

I'm a bit confused here.

If RM has ****ed up yet again and as a result we are under embargo preventing new players coming in. How is that the fault of Stan/Kev/Tom etc?

And how can the club get away with employing Collymore, Still and a 3 man coaching team IF they can't pay players!!! Is that not partly Tom ?

I'm a bit confused here.

This is merely deja vu with decent people having their hands tied, yet again.
Bang on mate

I'm a bit confused here.

Our 3 wise men unfortunately have been sold a pipe dream. If rumours are true, I feel for the management team.

And how can the club get away with employing Collymore, Still and a 3 man coaching team IF they can't play players!!! Is that not partly Tom ?
Highly doubt we'll see Ron in a Zoom meeting after his criminal court case became public lol

Our 3 wise men unfortunately have been sold a pipe dream. If rumours are true, I feel for the management team.

Same, there’s no way the likes of Mark Bentley , who was doing a fantastic job and canvey, would have come to us if they were aware of something as dampening as what we are anticipating to be announced this week.

Same, there’s no way the likes of Mark Bentley , who was doing a fantastic job and canvey, would have come to us if they were aware of something as dampening as what we are anticipating to be announced this week.
More legends careers being potentially destroyed by clown at the top. Wouldn't blame them if they walked!

Only reason Stan ended up leaving is because some of us could clearly see right through him. It’s why he called us out because that’s what people do when they get caught out. His chats were all just a smoke screen. So much for a list of players ready to sign etc.
Collymore out!!

I’m a supporter of Stan Collymore. Felt like he was the link between the fans and the club. Which was missing for a long time.

But with rumours of players and staff getting paid late and embargos happening again. Feel as fans we deserve to know where we stand!?

If theses rumours are true and they are kept hidden my respect for what Stan is and has been doing at the club would go out the window ?

Feel we deserve to know what’s happening!!
(Really hope there is no truth in these rumours!)

But to be fair our chairman has done it many times before and is being investigated for £5m tax fraud!?

Stan says on Twitter Jan for next fan interaction. Feel we need to know sooner as every day counts if there is truth in this we need to save what’s left of our club

Worried!!!!???

Where have these embargo rumours come from or is it just 2+2 due to no players coming in ?

Only reason Stan ended up leaving is because some of us could clearly see right through him. It’s why he called us out because that’s what people do when they get caught out. His chats were all just a smoke screen. So much for a list of players ready to sign etc.
Caught out?
I'd say it was more a case of him being fed up with ridiculous criticism aimed at him from a small minority who clearly had it in for him from day one.
He's already delivered on several of his promises as has been outlined numerous times.
To make use of his contacts and potential new players we need money. Ron clearly isn't delivering what he promised. This has nothing to do with Stan, Tom, or the management team. What can they do if the funds suddenly aren't there to progress all of the good ground work that has undoubtedly been done?

So you’re calling Stan out because he called you out for calling him out because that’s what people do when they get caught out? Even if that complete fail in logic were to stand, surely it’s clear to anyone that wants to think about it that the problem here is not Stan or his contacts? You know… perhaps it might be the same problem that we’ve suffered from time and time and time again throughout the last 4-5 years?

Curse that club legend who dared to try to bring some positivity to the club, unify the fan base and drive some change.

Last edited:

This is merely deja vu with decent people having their hands tied.

There are very good people involved at this club who have worked their nuts off to try and transform things. But unfortunately the rotten apple at the top is the constant reminder things will never fully change for the better, until he's gone.
Because people are desperate to go off at Stan for anything.

Because people are desperate to go off at Stan for anything.

The majority of those probably being trolls from other clubs in our vicinity.

Unfortunately those always seem to jerk reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back