• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then try out some youth
In 2019/20 we basically had a youth team (for the most part) in League One. We won 4 games in 35, losing 24 of those. Turning to youth isn’t the answer, particularly in this league where young players will simply get bullied by the many very physical teams in this division. We have no choice but to soldier on with the players we have until we are able to bring the right players in which will take time. I highly doubt 80-90% of the current squad will be here come the start of next season.

The management/coaching team are in a similar position to the managers of San Marino, Gibraltar, Azerbaijan, Andorra etc. They can only try and get the best out of the players available to them. Trying to get a result against teams that are better than you is a thankless task. We have all got to be patient and hope that some recruits are brought in sooner rather than later. As fans we are putting up with more disappointment than almost every other club in the country. It is understandable if people on here vent their anger and frustration. As long as they are not abusive they are fully entitled to their views. Personally, I think the management team, CEO and Stan are working flat out to try and turn things round, we have to try and show patience.
The coaching team can also start to give first-team opportunities to the likes of Eren Kinali, Matt Rush and Joe Benton, players who have not been given much chance so far.

I would like to think, and of course I do not know what is actually happening behind the scenes, that the coaching team has fed back to the recruitment team let’s say we need a right back.

We as a coaching team need our right back to have the following qualities to help fulfil the way that the club wants to play moving forwards.

Recruitment and scouting team start to identify let’s say a list of potential targets and surely to do this properly will take a period of time.

List then gets discussed with all involved and it gets reduced to let’s say a top five. We can now actively try to engage with trying to bring the player to the club. Once again takes time.

I would also imagine that there maybe some restrictions in this process such as when a player may become available.

We could have a scenario where number 5 on the list could come in at the end of the month but if we wait until January our number 1 option is an U23 Premier League player that would come for the rest of the season on loan.

So then the team has to decide what is the best option for the club.

Is it better to loan players or be able to sign a player permanently on a contract with the potential of a resale value.

All of this takes time as it’s following a structure that will secure or future.

These are of course my thoughts but if I’m anywhere near correct I am happy to be patient and give the team and our club my full support to turn this around.

Which I believe they will!!

I would like to think, and of course I do not know what is actually happening behind the scenes, that the coaching team has fed back to the recruitment team let’s say we need a right back.

We as a coaching team need our right back to have the following qualities to help fulfil the way that the club wants to play moving forwards.

Recruitment and scouting team start to identify let’s say a list of potential targets and surely to do this properly will take a period of time.

List then gets discussed with all involved and it gets reduced to let’s say a top five. We can now actively try to engage with trying to bring the player to the club. Once again takes time.

I would also imagine that there maybe some restrictions in this process such as when a player may become available.

We could have a scenario where number 5 on the list could come in at the end of the month but if we wait until January our number 1 option is an U23 Premier League player that would come for the rest of the season on loan.

So then the team has to decide what is the best option for the club.

Is it better to loan players or be able to sign a player permanently on a contract with the potential of a resale value.

All of this takes time as it’s following a structure that will secure or future.

These are of course my thoughts but if I’m anywhere near correct I am happy to be patient and give the team and our club my full support to turn this around.

Which I believe they will!!
Far too much logic! I think you're mad, we should be panic-signing anyone and everyone we can without due diligence and repeat the mistakes of the past 3 seasons, just so that it looks like something is being done!

I personally would prefer to wait to Christmas before any comments on recruitment or situation on the team
The only comment I would like to say and it maybe seen as confrontational but it’s not, we all were gutted when a certain manager called us Southampton on TV , I feel a bit the same when I see Stan loving us and yet has a Liverpool photo on his profile, would prefer if he had himself in a Shrimpers shirt
UTS

I personally would prefer to wait to Christmas before any comments on recruitment or situation on the team
The only comment I would like to say and it maybe seen as confrontational but it’s not, we all were gutted when a certain manager called us Southampton on TV , I feel a bit the same when I see Stan loving us and yet has a Liverpool photo on his profile, would prefer if he had himself in a Shrimpers shirt
UTS
A million people or more get Southend United free advertising daily across my social media channels.

Local and national businesses, interns offering free help in different departments, potential new sponsors contacting me asking about supporting the club, national newspapers, BT, French broadcasters wanting to come and document what we're doing, all a lovely bonus for Southend United fans who, as you know have seen their clubess than valued by the above in recent years.

So worry not about my Liverpool profile pic, it's been there since before I had an official welcome to the club.

Stay safe.

Stan

Attachments

• DFEAFB89-E6DF-48C4-93F9-1032FFDCDE44.jpeg
    DFEAFB89-E6DF-48C4-93F9-1032FFDCDE44.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 77
A million people or more get Southend United free advertising daily across my social media channels.

Local and national businesses, interns offering free help in different departments, potential new sponsors contacting me asking about supporting the club, national newspapers, BT, French broadcasters wanting to come and document what we're doing, all a lovely bonus for Southend United fans who, as you know have seen their clubess than valued by the above in recent years.

So worry not about my Liverpool profile pic, it's been there since before I had an official welcome to the club.

Stay safe.

Stan
You're forgiven Stan .... as long as you get Salah in on a free! ?

You're forgiven Stan .... as long as you get Salah in on a free! ?
I think the trouble is that even then it wouldn’t be enough for some.

Keep going Stan. Ignore the 5% of extreme negative voices and keep the faith that the rest feel that you and the gang are moving us in the right direction, even if that takes time.

I think the trouble is that even then it wouldn’t be enough for some.

Keep going Stan. Ignore the 5% of extreme negative voices and keep the faith that the rest feel that you and the gang are moving us in the right direction, even if that takes time.
How true that is lol ...... in Stan we trust!!

So many people are going to eat their words when they fially realise good things are happening within the club . Shrimper _ Steve ,i wish you would eat yours and stop trolling .

UTS
Was this written as a wind up or serious?

UTS

Stan already have Southend United pics on his twitters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back