• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to point out we are around an hour from London and probably have a catchment area of around 10 million living within 2 hours of us which we could prioritise.
I'm not sure why there being 10 million people within 2 hours of us is relevant given 99.99% of those people aren't professional footballers.

In any case unless you expect them to commute from London everyday (something that is only really feasible if they live in East London, I live near Wimbledon's new ground and it takes me about 2 hours to get to Roots Hall, that's fine for a once or twice a month trip, not so much if I had to do it every day) London based players will still likely need to relocate if they wanted to play for us.

The frustrating thing is now we have had the taste of two excellent additions we want more, I think most would swallow lower mid table mediocrity this season but currently we are in real danger of going into part time territory!

Completely agree on permanent additions, we should take time on them - none who were shoe horned in last year Ang, Ferguson etc are what we need - although I think both of those certainly have the ability. I don't know what is wrong with ANG and its not for speculation - however at this level he would, I believe, be a real asset - we have no one aside from Brunt - who can carry a ball forward like he does

With that reply I wonder if you are Stan in disguise.

Has anyone seen ORM and Stan in the same room at the same time ? :Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:
Anyone that has seen my ‘prolific’ scoring record for ShrimperZone FC can clarify this one in an instant ???

Absolutely ORM isn’t a Johnny-come-lately wind-upper. He is one of the board’s longest standing wind up merchants who has posted more X signs posts than you’ve had hot dinners
A shocking allegation. I shall now go all flowery and cry because some people don’t agree with my points of view and I’m not alone in that recent course of action. The second point rather disproving the first but will be over the head of many :Smile:)

Maybe that's why we haven't seen the tsunami of new players some were expecting when Stan came in and that the plan was to get JS in place and then use his experience alongside Stan's to put a target list together and we may see some progress on the player front over the next few weeks?

Would be ironic if we have some weaker spots in the squad re-enforced in time for the re-scheduled Maidenhead game and we spank them. If that should be the case, might leave them wishing they had gone ahead and played us tonight.......hope so!

I'm not sure why there being 10 million people within 2 hours of us is relevant given 99.99% of those people aren't professional footballers.

In any case unless you expect them to commute from London everyday (something that is only really feasible if they live in East London, I live near Wimbledon's new ground and it takes me about 2 hours to get to Roots Hall, that's fine for a once or twice a month trip, not so much if I had to do it every day) London based players will still likely need to relocate if they wanted to play for us.

Have you considered a name change to Wimbledonadult?

View attachment 17745

Who would have thought?
Fantastic, Brilliant but lets see the players come through the door sooner rather than later. We've had a bit of a touch that Tuesdays game was called off as it allows us to get players in but on the flip side, if it had gone ahead, it would of been another game passing by with the same players performing poorly. Lets hope that Saturdays game isn't another game to add to the list where we've again failed to add to a shocking squad.

Fantastic, Brilliant but lets see the players come through the door sooner rather than later. We've had a bit of a touch that Tuesdays game was called off as it allows us to get players in but on the flip side, if it had gone ahead, it would of been another game passing by with the same players performing poorly. Lets hope that Saturdays game isn't another game to add to the list where we've again failed to add to a shocking squad.
After the record with signings over the last 4 years, I'd have thought that the last thing anybody should be advocating is signing players for the sake of it, or without due diligence. I get we need changes quick but we're not cut adrift yet, and quick fixes need to stop. This must be done properly and if it takes a bit of extra time to ensure that the right players come in, then so be it. As things stand, I have no reason not to trust that the people we now have in important positions will get it right.

After the record with signings over the last 4 years, I'd have thought that the last thing anybody should be advocating is signing players for the sake of it, or without due diligence. I get we need changes quick but we're not cut adrift yet, and quick fixes need to stop. This must be done properly and if it takes a bit of extra time to ensure that the right players come in, then so be it. As things stand, I have no reason not to trust that the people we now have in important positions will get it right.

Currie showed what can be done quickly with a quick call and a couple of players come in on loan. There is no reason why we couldn't have got a couple more in while we look for long term replacements.

Currie showed what can be done quickly with a quick call and a couple of players come in on loan. There is no reason why we couldn't have got a couple more in while we look for long term replacements.
If it were that easy then I'm sure it would have been done already, and if you're an expert on the matter then go and offer your services to them.

Big difference. Currie was their u23 coach so this short circuited the process. No need to identify them, go watch them, understand what they bring. He already knew that and that probably they were ready for loans. So very unusually it was probably a phone call and a couple of quick discussions.

Don't take this and think its the norm. It isn't and won't be...regrettably..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back