• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are into editing peoples posts now are we? That was not what I originally typed mods and well you know it. Weeks in and we’ve seen nothing
I'm asking you a direct question ( I was one of 500 on Zoom who actually took the time to watch him). Where is your or anyone else's proof on this forum that he hasn't done what he said he would in zoom calls to supporters? Anyone?

I'm asking you a direct question ( I was one of 500 on Zoom who actually took the time to watch him). Where is your or anyone else's proof on this forum that he hasn't done what he said he would in zoom calls to supporters? Anyone?
The point that we haven’t ‘seen’ much is correct. The fault would seem to me to be at a board level for that (it seems to me, and that’s if there is fault at all). Stan has very likely (in my opinion) done exactly what he said but been frustrated by Ron’s bean can being empty yet again.

As fans have no evidence for anything one way or the other, apart from a lack of fully signed up new recruits (apart from the two excellent Sheffield lads which has just whetted appetites further) then a bit of scepticism and speculation seems reasonable on a forum.

Abuse of Stan or those who hope for the best isn’t though, but as bad are antagonistic replies to those posters with the opposite views are which are not going to help Stan or anyone else.

Let us try to moderate the worst bits of these threads please without joining the battle as we have been trying hard not to moderate you too but you’re not helping us.

I not fully sure what Ron is alleged to have done now but whatever it is will/could have a huge knock on effect and this worries me , i honestly feel we are a club on a knife edge at the moment .

We have a large number of backroom staff , who need backing and full support, a CEO who seems to be working his nuts off and his highly frustrated , a person in Stan who having witnessed his im in , now im out attitude with the fans could easily down tools and walk.

A team that is flirting with Relegation and a fan base who have seen a brief glimmer of light but are sensing that all is not as it seems with rumours of all wages not being paid .

Because some of his squad have not been paid (again). Because it turns out the chairman may go to prison leaving the club in a precarious financial position. Because the training ground hasnt been fixed other than the hot water, gym equipment not fixed, heating not fixed, doors broken so they dont close as well as no heating. Theyre the only ones im referring to.
I personally think he is getting the best out of what we have and Im happy with what hes doing.
Is the statement that staff have not been paid confirmed or speculation?

Is the statement that staff have not been paid confirmed or speculation?
Well no one seems to want to owe up to where they are getting their information from.

@BoyWonder2 - which whom I'd consider pretty reliable on his facts looking at his previous history of news, has confirmed payments are all up to date.

So take what you will, people shouldn't be posting these ideas without knowing 100% for sure, it's how misinformation and rumours are spread.

Well no one seems to want to owe up to where they are getting their information from.

@BoyWonder2 - which whom I'd consider pretty reliable on his facts looking at his previous history of news, has confirmed payments are all up to date.

So take what you will, people shouldn't be posting these ideas without knowing 100% for sure, it's how misinformation and rumours are spread.

Why should they publicly announce that ?
I think you will find that @in the know has proved to be a very reliable poster.

I think you will find that @in the know has proved to be a very reliable poster.
Because it's one thing being truthful and another posting ideas and rumours that have absolute no backbone, damaging our club further.

Fair enough if they're true, but once it gets said and it's not, others will spread it, twist and turn it and the damage is already done, be prepared to prove you're telling the truth if you want to make such big claims, that's all I'm saying. If you want transparency from the club, expect it back from yourself too.

lets all just put a sensible hat on for one moment....
We have had a defender lined up playing in the conference south, and yet again the transfer has stalled.... there is one reason for this, its not because the kid doesn't want to play in front of 5500 fans each week, and likes sitting on the sea wall in canvey after training. Get real, as the Chesterfield fans warned us Martin hasn't and wont change, hes signed collymore to pull the wool over our eyes once again, and poor old stan like many of YOU has fallen for it hook line and sinker poor fella.

lets all just put a sensible hat on for one moment....
We have had a defender lined up playing in the conference south, and yet again the transfer has stalled.... there is one reason for this, its not because the kid doesn't want to play in front of 5500 fans each week, and likes sitting on the sea wall in canvey after training. Get real, as the Chesterfield fans warned us Martin hasn't and wont change, hes signed collymore to pull the wool over our eyes once again, and poor old stan like many of YOU has fallen for it hook line and sinker poor fella.
You talking about a guy who's played at the highest level of the game, is apparently worth anything from 20-30 million from what's online and has lived 30 years in a national spotlight being duped by a known ropey Arthur Daley character. Somehow I doubt it.

Yes we are, as we have always been, when people act up on the forums fishing and looking for bites. If you can’t make your point ORM without the pointless added inflammatory and pointedly divisive language (which actually added nothing to the main point of your post) then you will be on moderated posting. You can be sceptical, worried or downright angry without the Stanfest / *** licking stuff aimed at other users of this forum. That isn’t on and has naff all to do with ‘free speech
Yes we are, as we have always been, when people act up on the forums fishing and looking for bites. If you can’t make your point ORM without the pointless added inflammatory and pointedly divisive language (which actually added nothing to the main point of your post) then you will be on moderated posting. You can be sceptical, worried or downright angry without the Stanfest / *** licking stuff aimed at other users of this forum. That isn’t on and has naff all to do with ‘free speech’.
I mentioned Stanfest in that post. I didn’t mentioning arselicking (but obviously did in a previous post). Don’t take things out of context. Moderating because Stan can’t do any wrong is a fatally flawed argument. He’s been extremely vocal on what he and his many contacts can deliver for this club. He rightly pulled off of this board for his (and possibly our) own sanity.

Some people are questioning what materiality Stan has brought apart from being part of the consultation committee for the three musketeers.

When it’s right to flame Ron on here for his failure to deliver FF but wrong to flame Stan something is badly wrong.

I want to eat my words I really do but I’m sorry other than punditry Stan has delivered nothing historically back to football since hanging up his boots.

You talking about a guy who's played at the highest level of the game, is apparently worth anything from 20-30 million from what's online and has lived 30 years in a national spotlight being duped by a known ropey Arthur Daley character. Somehow I doubt it.

You're quite right in all that you say. But sometimes in life someone comes along who is a lot more clever than that person. They just don't know it.

I'm not sure Ron is a known Arthur Daley, he try's his hardest with what he's got and the people working for him.

I mentioned Stanfest in that post. I didn’t mentioning arselicking (but obviously did in a previous post). Don’t take things out of context. Moderating because Stan can’t do any wrong is a fatally flawed argument. He’s been extremely vocal on what he and his many contacts can deliver for this club. He rightly pulled off of this board for his (and possibly our) own sanity.

Some people are questioning what materiality Stan has brought apart from being part of the consultation committee for the three musketeers.

When it’s right to flame Ron on here for his failure to deliver FF but wrong to flame Stan something is badly wrong.

I want to eat my words I really do but I’m sorry other than punditry Stan has delivered nothing historically back to football since hanging up his boots.

I think you need to leave it mate.

I'm no fan at all, but sometimes things are done for a reason. In this case they are.

Because it's one thing being truthful and another posting ideas and rumours that have absolute no backbone, damaging our club further.

Fair enough if they're true, but once it gets said and it's not, others will spread it, twist and turn it and the damage is already done, be prepared to prove you're telling the truth if you want to make such big claims, that's all I'm saying. If you want transparency from the club, expect it back from yourself too.
As an example I used to let my property to a former player for a period of 4 years and got told some stuff and knew first hand had he not been paid , however I wouldn’t of released my source albeit knowing it to be 100% correct

So again, what proof do you have that he has not delivered what he promised? Supporters groups haven't protested once since he asked them to give the managerial team time. Tom Lawrence in his official welcome to the club said Collymore instigated his going to Southend. It's on record that the 3 coaches were pushed for by Collymore. So where is your proof that he has hasn't delivered what he said he would? Just proof. Repeating the same rant will get you the same people liking you but I'm presuming you want other people to hear your view and be persuaded that you're right, so show proof instead of an unhealthy obsession with Collymore and you'll get my vote. Anything, just proof. Please.

So again, what proof do you have that he has not delivered what he promised? Supporters groups haven't protested once since he asked them to give the managerial team time. Tom Lawrence in his official welcome to the club said Collymore instigated his going to Southend. It's on record that the 3 coaches were pushed for by Collymore. So where is your proof that he has hasn't delivered what he said he would? Just proof.
The point that we haven’t ‘seen’ much is correct. The fault would seem to me to be at a board level for that (it seems to me, and that’s if there is fault at all). Stan has very likely (in my opinion) done exactly what he said but been frustrated by Ron’s bean can being empty yet again.

As fans have no evidence for anything one way or the other, apart from a lack of fully signed up new recruits (apart from the two excellent Sheffield lads which has just whetted appetites further) then a bit of scepticism and speculation seems reasonable on a forum.

Abuse of Stan or those who hope for the best isn’t though, but as bad are antagonistic replies to those posters with the opposite views are which are not going to help Stan or anyone else.

Let us try to moderate the worst bits of these threads please without joining the battle as we have been trying hard not to moderate you too but you’re not helping us.
Your moderation policy is arbitrary. You let a number of regulars say whatever they like, innuendo and at times outright lies but anyone who challenges them to provide facts to back up their allegations, the person calling them out are moderated, have posts removed or called out as you've done on my precious post. As someone who serves the community, I have to abide by rules and regulations. Here, it seems that a number of usual suspects can abuse people employed by the club based on having posted a lot or for a number of years. Dare I suggests you make your policies visible at the head of every thread to remind posters of their responsibilities because you're not doing your job well if posters on thousands of posts are continually flouting the rules. You also have a responsibility as a supporter board to not encourage an environment where employees of a club we support aren't abused based on reckless speculation, something that runs rife on this board. The fact several club legends on various posts have been abused is sickening and doesn't deserve the name supporter, indeed I do wonder how many disaffected employees or former employees visit this forum only to cause trouble. Threatening people who ask civil questions without resorting to abuse isn't a healthy forum.

Your moderation policy is arbitrary. You let a number of regulars say whatever they like, innuendo and at times outright lies but anyone who challenges them to provide facts to back up their allegations, the person calling them out are moderated, have posts removed or called out as you've done on my precious post. As someone who serves the community, I have to abide by rules and regulations. Here, it seems that a number of usual suspects can abuse people employed by the club based on having posted a lot or for a number of years. Dare I suggests you make your policies visible at the head of every thread to remind posters of their responsibilities because you're not doing your job well if posters on thousands of posts are continually flouting the rules. You also have a responsibility as a supporter board to not encourage an environment where employees of a club we support aren't abused based on reckless speculation, something that runs rife on this board. The fact several club legends on various posts have been abused is sickening and doesn't deserve the name supporter, indeed I do wonder how many disaffected employees or former employees visit this forum only to cause trouble. Threatening people who ask civil questions without resorting to abuse isn't a healthy forum.

I think you need to take a chill pill fella. Many posts get deleted (mine also). I don't like it when my posts get deleted but thats life, they're trying thier best.

It seems we all get to choose our own reliable poster- which normally is the one whose message is the one we want to hear. I would suggest here we have different reliable posters posting opposite information.

Which is why I wouldn’t be giving this latest rumour “fact” status- unless you believe in “alternative facts” of course in which both can be right I guess..

Perhaps it would be a good time to mention that we are volunteers who develop and (largely) pay for this site while having careers and families. We don’t pretend to be perfect, because we aren’t. We’re just doing our best and let’s face it, it’s not easy when Southend supporters have been enduring years and years of car crashes week on week.

All I can say is that we’ll keep doing our best, but I accept we get it wrong. Let those who are perfect cast stones. We’d like to work with you rather than anything else. Perhaps PM me and let me know how I can help, because in all honesty you’re not helping me (or my mates in the mod team) to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back