• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ almighty, I despair of some of you I really do! The squad is dreadful and it’s going to take time to fix. Signing players for the sake of signing players is one of the reasons we got into this mess in the first place - we need to sign the RIGHT players and these players don’t magically become available overnight, particularly mid-season when they’re under contract. But everyone wants things done yesterday don’t they, they’re not prepared to have patience while all building blocks are put in place. We should survive with this squad, maybe not comfortably but we should survive. Neither Collymore or Still can go straight in and wave a magic wand. Come this time in 12 months though I’d wager many of you will be singing a very different tune as things will be looking up both on the playing side and with the club as a whole….

PATIENCE.

What’s with all the digs at Colly the Messiah? Surely they’ll all get moderated out of sight? Be fair he has only been involved for 3 months (pre employment). The man needs time, there’s a lot of dust and sticky pages in his contact books.

It is abundantly clear that whatever the management and coaching structure the current squad is good enough only to fight (and probably win) a relegation dogfight purely on the basis of 3 teams being worse than us. There’s a very noisy silence from the Club at the moment. If it’s an embargo let us know. We’ve been there enough times and we can deal with that without getting on the current players backs. If no one wants to come let us know. We can deal with that without getting on the players backs. Other than that these boards will continue to be rife with speculation

Emperor’s new clothes anyone?

I think it’s right that Stan has stopped updating us on a fans forum. As soon as he became an official at the club I think it’s right that he stopped posting in a personal capacity. It should change to an official club account posting or not at all as it’s a forum run for fans. I’d like to see more transparency from the club official channels though but also as a business some stuff has to remain commercial in confidence. I have no doubt Stan can’t keep away from the forum though as his nature is not to let stuff go.

What’s with all the digs at Colly the Messiah? Surely they’ll all get moderated out of sight? Be fair he has only been involved for 3 months (pre employment). The man needs time, there’s a lot of dust and sticky pages in his contact books.

It is abundantly clear that whatever the management and coaching structure the current squad is good enough only to fight (and probably win) a relegation dogfight purely on the basis of 3 teams being worse than us. There’s a very noisy silence from the Club at the moment. If it’s an embargo let us know. We’ve been there enough times and we can deal with that without getting on the current players backs. If no one wants to come let us know. We can deal with that without getting on the players backs. Other than that these boards will continue to be rife with speculation

Collymore out!

Christ almighty, I despair of some of you I really do! The squad is dreadful and it’s going to take time to fix. Signing players for the sake of signing players is one of the reasons we got into this mess in the first place - we need to sign the RIGHT players and these players don’t magically become available overnight, particularly mid-season when they’re under contract. But everyone wants things done yesterday don’t they, they’re not prepared to have patience while all building blocks are put in place. We should survive with this squad, maybe not comfortably but we should survive. Neither Collymore or Still can go straight in and wave a magic wand. Come this time in 12 months though I’d wager many of you will be singing a very different tune as things will be looking up both on the playing side and with the club as a whole….

PATIENCE.
Concord Rangers 1 Southend United 0. We are club in perpetual free fall. It’s not patience it is ****ting bricks

Christ, for such a long-serving and apparently well-respected member of SZ, some of your posts really are childish.

Only reason Stan ended up leaving is because some of us could clearly see right through him. It’s why he called us out because that’s what people do when they get caught out. His chats were all just a smoke screen. So much for a list of players ready to sign etc.
We're under an embargo. That's why nobody has signed, as much as we know you hate and want to blame SC.

Even if we wasn't under an embargo..... who would want to sign this joke of a club. Lads can't even get hot shower let alone being paid on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back