• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lee_sufc

Coach
Has anyone tried this yet? Tried some today, thought it smelt wierd but tasted pretty good. It's also supposed to be good for you too:

Additional Benefits

Japanese scientific research has shown intriguing beneficial effects in constipation, liver function, blood sugar levels, skin diseases, depression and anxiety.

Delays the aging process! One of the primary causes of aging of our bodies is caused by toxic compounds called free radicals. These free radicals attack our healthy cells. Over our lifetime this damage contributes to aging and weakens our immune system. Recently, Japanese scientists have found that Rooibos tea contains a mimic of the enzyme Super Oxide Dismutase (S.O.D.), an antioxidant which attacks the free radicals and limits their damaging effects.

* It has a soothing effect on the central nervous system and can strongly be recommended for people suffering from irritability, stress, headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension and mild depression or hypertension.

* Helps build strong bones and teeth because of its calcium, manganese and fluoride content.

* It's anti-spasmodic properties help pacify infants with colic, stomach cramps and sleeping problems. Simply mix some Rooibos Tea with expressed breast milk or formula. It is 100% natural with no colorants or preservatives. It is a mother's miracle. Rooibos Tea helps with morning sickness!

* Also relieves stomach and digestive problems like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach ulcers and constipation.

* The alpha hydroxy acid and zinc contained in Rooibos Tea promotes healthy, smooth skin. This wonder tea is especially useful when applied to skin irritations like itchy skin, eczema, sunburns, diaper rash, acne and rosocea.

* Cold or warm tea makes an excellent facial splash. Put used Rooibos tea bags in the refrigerator or freezer. After a hard day's work, put on tired or red eyes to soothe and relax.

* Studies have shown Rooibos Tea beneficial in the management of allergies like hayfever and asthma.

* Contains magnesium, necessary for a healthy nervous system, potassium and copper minerals necessary for several metabolic functions, Iron for transportation of oxygen in the blood and zinc for fighting colds and healthy skin.

* Often prescribed for nervous tension and mild depression as it makes a relaxing sedative.

* An all-day drink, and since Rooibos Tea contains no oxalic acid it can be consumed by people suffering from kidney stones. It is also ideal for pregnant women and nursing mothers.

* Helps to control your appetite thus can be beneficial in weight loss.

* Makes a great thirst-quencher and sport drink. Its mineral content helps restore the body's equilibrium after strenuous exercise.

I have drunk Tick Tock Rooibos tea for a couple of years now, it is great drink although I do like the one which has Bourbon Vanilla in it as well. Great drink for late evening that one.

458266b.jpg

I have just tried my first cup of Red Bush Tea.

Before I drank it I was feeling depressed and felt that our failure to attract a big name striker would cost us dearly.

After finishing my cuppa I immediately cheered up and put a grand on us to win the 2012 champions league.

Make of that what you will.

I've drunk it for years too. Tend to drink it in the afternoon and evening as it has no caffine in it.

I got frowned at by a SA at work because I put milk in it, she was horrified!!!

I have just tried my first cup of Red Bush Tea.

Before I drank it I was feeling depressed and felt that our failure to attract a big name striker would cost us dearly.

After finishing my cuppa I immediately cheered up and put a grand on us to win the 2012 champions league.

Make of that what you will.

:p I knew this tea was supposed to be good for you....but THAT good for you?

As far as I know just a normal cuppa is pretty good for you too. So the question is, what extra benefits do you get from this?

Its all about green tea - speeds up your metabolism, so any fattys want an aid for loosing some pounds - get that down your neck

Its all about green tea - speeds up your metabolism, so any fattys want an aid for loosing some pounds - get that down your neck

Thing is though Sam it's minging.
You can get an equal effect if you have 2 strong espresso's prior to exercising first thing in the morning (you can't have any breakfast for this to work properly)!

Thing is though Sam it's minging.
You can get an equal effect if you have 2 strong espresso's prior to exercising first thing in the morning (you can't have any breakfast for this to work properly)!

I actually quite like the taste of green tea! That sounds like an interesting combination though....

Back