• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Red Card Appeal

Interesting appeal. I don't see how we can win (even though the Sun implied it was harsh!). After all, according to the letter of the law he raised his hands so deserved to go.

If this is about Freddy being available tonight, then I think it's a bit misguided - we need him for league more than we do cup matches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 22 2005,14:00)]Interesting appeal. I don't see how we can win (even though the Sun implied it was harsh!). After all, according to the letter of the law he raised his hands so deserved to go.

If this is about Freddy being available tonight, then I think it's a bit misguided - we need him for league more than we do cup matches.
Exactly my thoughts, we need him far more in the league than in a cup we're not going to get too far in.
Particularly I'm thinking our appeal will not get very far what with Tilly saying he thought Eastwood had to go if he raised his hands.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 22 2005,14:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 22 2005,14:00)]Interesting appeal. I don't see how we can win (even though the Sun implied it was harsh!). After all, according to the letter of the law he raised his hands so deserved to go.

Exactly my thoughts, we need him far more in the league than in a cup we're not going to get too far in.
Particularly I'm thinking our appeal will not get very far what with Tilly saying he thought Eastwood had to go if he raised his hands.
We just look stoopid appealing this. It was a clear cut red and we just have to move on.

If we get away with this appeal, we could make a killing hiring the same lawyer out to Saddam Hussein.

[b said:

Very good point. We will never win this appeal and it sounds like Goater will start tonight anyway. If Freddy is on the bench it will be madness.

I'm pretty certain its to give Tilly time to get a loan signing in, and to get the Goat more match fit....there is no way we can win the appeal and I doubt Tilly has appealed just to get him on the pitch tonight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Viking @ Aug. 22 2005,14:12)]I'm pretty certain its to give Tilly time to get a loan signing in, and to get the Goat more match fit....there is no way we can win the appeal and I doubt Tilly has appealed just to get him on the pitch tonight.
The voice of reason.

Is the thinking that they could get the 3 match ban reduced to a single game if the offence was downgraded from Violent Conduct.

I'm not a walking Laws of the Game (rule)book & so wouldn't know the ins & outs!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Aug. 22 2005,14:09)]
[b said:
[b said:

We just look stoopid appealing this. It was a clear cut red and we just have to move on.

If we get away with this appeal, we could make a killing hiring the same lawyer out to Saddam Hussein.
Sounds like a case for Bob Massingbird, the finest mind in English legal history.

Massingbird's most famous case, was the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses had seen him stab the victim, when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the *******."  Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honours list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 22 2005,15:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Aug. 22 2005,14:09)]
[b said:
[b said:

Sounds like a case for Bob Massingbird, the finest mind in English legal history.

Massingbird's most famous case, was the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses had seen him stab the victim, when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the *******." Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.
Freddy could be his stiffest test yet...
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 22 2005,15:08)]Sounds like a case for Bob Massingbird, the finest mind in English legal history.

Massingbird's most famous case, was the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses had seen him stab the victim, when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the *******."  Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.
Yes, thank you Blackadder...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 22 2005,15:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 22 2005,15:08)]Sounds like a case for Bob Massingbird, the finest mind in English legal history.

Massingbird's most famous case, was the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses had seen him stab the victim, when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the *******."  Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.
Yes, thank you Blackadder...

tounge.gif
I was about to reply with the same comment. Very good Hong Kong Blue. I fear the FA panel will be led by melchud, mehhh!!

Back