• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Redknapp at training today

Or it could be that Mick has made a mistake.

Are we talking just league games because We did actually draw a few. The away record was just as good. Someone did post a few years back that we won points when Deegan took a card (or two) and lost more when he didn't.

The only mistake I made was entering into a factual discussion with someone who can't admit he's wrong.

Opinions are fine, however perverse, idiosyncratic or downright stupid. They are opinions and we are all entitled to them and entitled to share them on a forum.

Facts posted categorically should ideally be correct. Your comments regarding our record at home when Deegan got a yellow card were simply not true.

The only mistake I made was entering into a factual discussion with someone who can't admit he's wrong.

Opinions are fine, however perverse, idiosyncratic or downright stupid. They are opinions and we are all entitled to them and entitled to share them on a forum.

Facts posted categorically should ideally be correct. Your comments regarding our record at home when Deegan got a yellow card were simply not true.

What were the games we lost then? Or what about the draw with Rochdale when Deegan got a card.

What were the games we lost then? Or what about the draw with Rochdale when Deegan got a card.

Brighton, Millwall, Doncaster and Morecambe. Timlin got our only card in the draw v Rochdale.

Brighton, Millwall, Doncaster and Morecambe. Timlin got our only card in the draw v Rochdale.

Brighton was in the league cup, so not relevant to losing 12 league games at home this season.

Deegan was on the bench v Millwall and Doncaster. Coming on in the second half when we are 3 -0 down does not count. In the same way I wouldn't credit a sub when we are 3-0 up. Although Deegan did start at Millwall away....We won 2-0 and he got his first yellow, as he did in the next home game, a 2-1 win v Scunthorpe. He made it a hat-trick of yellow cards just 3 days later at Crew....We won 2-1

Morcambe correct the season before. According to the SUFC official programme stats he was booked at home to Rochdale

So to sum up when Deegan STARTED a league game at RH and was booked ( twice v Cov) we only lost ONE game...….No myth no wishful thinking nor making it up.

I do hope you will adhere to your own high standards and admit your mistake.

Fully agree and I'm sure you made a genuine mistake, rather than deliberately mislead other Zoners in your haste to prove someone wrong.

As my original post said NEARLY every time Deegan got a card. I was of course speaking from memory because I'm not the sort of poster who hides behind stats.

Talking of which someone has shown me some from a website. Please note they are not the same as the official match programme.

Turns out that Deegan was booked in 6 home league games (twice v Cov) that he STARTED. We won 5 and lost 1.

For those of you interested on away games Deegan was booked 12 times (twice v Oxford) and the record is won 6 drawn 1 lost 5...….So in total 34 points from 18 games which is top 4 finish form

NB Deegan came on for Timlin after the famous head injury at Stevenage after 35mims? He did get a yellow but as we now all know a draw away first leg was a vital result.

@Mick @rigsby

Sometimes it is best to throw in the towel when both parties are never going to agree..ONCE MORE.

Leave it where it stands guys, it's not debate, it's nit picking and no fun for other members. If you must carry it on use the PM function.

Thanks.

John.

@Mick @rigsby

Sometimes it is best to throw in the towel when both parties are never going to agree..ONCE MORE.

Leave it where it stands guys, it's not debate, it's nit picking and no fun for other members. If you must carry it on use the PM function.

Thanks.

John.

No haste to prove anyone wrong, more to dispel the suggestion that Deegan was anything other than an embarrassing liability.

Wasn't going to mention it again and hadn't since Saturday, however I am happy to concur with his latest facts which are now correct (using his modified criteria).

He has asked me to admit my mistake and I will, of course, be happy to do so if and when it has been identified!

I guess Cambridge must be having a great season as he's been booked 13 times already !

I won't mention any of his 79 cautions again.

No haste to prove anyone wrong, more to dispel the suggestion that Deegan was anything other than an embarrassing liability.

Wasn't going to mention it again and hadn't since Saturday, however I am happy to concur with his latest facts which are now correct (using his modified criteria).

He has asked me to admit my mistake and I will, of course, be happy to do so if and when it has been identified!

I guess Cambridge must be having a great season as he's been booked 13 times already !

I won't mention any of his 79 cautions again.

What has any of this to do with the thread title - Redknapp at training today ?

Back