• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reduced cost travel to Cardiff

MarkBentleyAppreciationSociety

As the club have made some big dough recently, would it have been better for Ron to offer some kind of reduced cost coach travel? (planes for you guys overseas who can't make it  
wink.gif
 ).

I know tickets are as much as £48 (a huge rip off), but some tickets are about £24. Add maybe £5 coach travel and i'm sure more people who can't afford another £70-100 would make the trip.

I'm sure we all could see this situation arising weeks ago. It was always going to be hard to take 15000 again!

I think the Trust coaches are as cheap as you could expect a journey like that to be. Yes, it would have been a nice gesture by the club but it's all academic now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MarkBentleyAppreciationSociety @ May 27 2005,10:07)]As the club have made some big dough recently, would it have been better for Ron to offer some kind of reduced cost coach travel? (planes for you guys overseas who can't make it  
wink.gif
 ).
Big Dough ?

The four playoff matches attracted approx 32,000 fans
Average ticket price (inc concessions) etc lets say 11 quid that gives 352k how much "profit" is made on each ticket 50% tops ? which gives 176k of which we get 12.5% a total of £22k

I don't think that a tenner off the travel price would encourage many more to go but assuming 1000 travel by coach then that blows half straight away, and we still have the appearance bonuses, and any other expenditure not normally expected for the 2nd and 3rd weeks of May (players travel, meals etc).....

And the Milstad money isn't really going to make much difference to our debt either....

As the accounts for last year (now signed) but not published , have not been seen we do not know how much we made on the 2003 Milstad visit but I bet it isn't anywhere near as much as we all reckon, and this year was a little less. Yet the playoff revenue won't come close to the LDV money.
We are far from rolling in it.....

Just heard that due to Coach companies jacking prices up because of the bank Holiday the Trust are running the coaches at a loss,
Travel is already being subsidised........

Two words:

TV Revenue

Including this saturday i make that five times (don't know if we got anything from cobblers away though)

That must be worth a small fortune.....

And exactly how would you justify giving away money when you are in debt to the tune of 8 million quid ?
Especially as it will not increase your consumer base and have no positive impact on your other revenue streams

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 27 2005,12:40)]Just heard that due to Coach companies jacking prices up because of the bank Holiday the Trust are running the coaches at a loss,
Travel is already being subsidised........
Also there are no more coaches available to hire. We have had to bring our last one in from Kent.

So it's all well & good subsidising them, but you have to have them first.
sad.gif

i can see that but........... speculate to accumulate.

But there will be no accumulation.......

Cheaper travel to Cardiff will not encourage anyone to attend next season either more often than this year or for the first time.

Cheaper travel to Cardiff will not encourage a greater spend on Merchandise

I can't see any potential for an increase in either revenue or profitability which would justify the additional expense.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 27 2005,11:46)]The four playoff matches attracted approx 32,000 fans
Average ticket price (inc concessions) etc lets say 11 quid that gives 352k how much "profit" is made on each ticket 50% tops ? which gives 176k of which we get 12.5% a total of £22k
Can anyone explain how this system is fair?

Considering we got 9152 supporters coming to see us and we assume we make 50% profit on £11, we'd have got just over 50K from the game if it was a normal league game yet we don't even get half of that.

I'm just glad Lincoln are helping to offset this deficit by selling so many tickets for Cardiff!

Incidentally, how's the Cardiff ticket money split? Surely the teams that don't play don't receive the revenue. Is it anything like the LDV? (45/10/45 split)

I thought I read on an earlier thread that the Playoff Revenue is split 50/25/25 (the FL get half...)

I took the 50/50 (league / all 4 clubs) from the earlier thread. Whilst we are complaining here, think how a) Hard done by Sheff Wed (Average 23100 Capacity 39859) feel and B) how pleased Hartlepool (Average att 5188 Capacity 7229)were

BTW Col U average 3534....

Attendances

Back