• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Scored with his favoured left foot, looks as if he is playing centrally rather than on the wing where he played for us. Another one of last seasons mistakes.
Yeah never really figured out why that wasn’t tried.

Last edited:
Starting for Pompey in a League Game fir the first time today … Danny Cowley must rate him…..

Starting for Pompey in a League Game fir the first time today … Danny Cowley must rate him…..
I didn’t rate him but I think even Lionel Messi could’ve looked dreadful in that team Reeco played in.

I can never understand the amount of players that seemed to be terrible footballers for Southend but end up looking ok elsewhere…

Reminds me of the Mark Twain quote….

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant and so stupid I could hardly stand to have him around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years……

He wasn’t terrible for Southend. Talented footballer but couldn’t tackle to save his life. He’s played one league game elsewhere so a bit soon to say he’s ended up looking good elsewhere. Time will tell. He may toughen up and expand his game. Good luck to him. Is there really a long list of players that have been terrible for us and good elsewhere ? Or are we like any club that has players that come in and don’t gell or fit at the time but go on to do better elsewhere.

Last edited:
He wasn’t terrible for Southend. Talented footballer but couldn’t tackle to save his life. He’s played one league game elsewhere so a bit soon to say he’s ended up looking good elsewhere. Time will tell. He may toughen up and expand his game. Good luck to him. Is there really a long list of players that have been terrible for us and good elsewhere ? Or are we like any club that has players that come in and don’t gell or fit at the time but go on to do better elsewhere.

Looked quality in his first game for us. Then Molesley and his coaching team got to him.

I suspect he's one of these players who might always struggle for consistency - when he's on it he looked good but not on it that often.

Ricky Duncan suggested to Molelsey on many occasions to play Reeco through the middle but he never did.

In fairness, as much as I love to fuel my MM agenda, I can understand why Mark didn't in the end cause we were starting to pick up some draws with the shape he played. But unfortunately meant we never saw the best of RHF, cause on his day he is electric.

I suspect he's one of these players who might always struggle for consistency - when he's on it he looked good but not on it that often.
Took a look at their forum and their opinion so far seems to be that he looks good in spells but then vanishes for the next 20 minutes, they're hoping he's just adjusting to League 1 football though.

I always said to others I felt he was tricky and skillful, but struggled with physicality.

Was never going to play any lower than L1/L2.

Reactions: jim
Back