• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
I know this is Mick's job so I apologise, but just seen that the referees for this weekend's FA Cup ties have been confirmed. We have the privilege of welcoming a Premier League referee to Roots Hall in Lee Mason. Ironically, he was the referee when we were hammered 4-0 by Hull in 2007 in our Championship season.

Last edited:
I know this is Mick's job so I apologise, but just seen that the referees for this weekend's FA Cup ties have been confirmed. We have the privilege of welcoming a Premier League referee to Roots Hall in Lee Mason.

All FA Cup matches involving Premiership clubs get a Select Group referee. The Premier clubs demand it and they FA weakly accede.

I know this is Mick's job so I apologise, but just seen that the referees for this weekend's FA Cup ties have been confirmed. We have the privilege of welcoming a Premier League referee to Roots Hall in Lee Mason.

Oh no just what I was hoping wouldn't happen. All he will do is protect his Premier League namby pamby best mates and that will mean that we won't be able to hustle and bustle them like we would need to do! :sad:

On the plus side Hull have not won any of the 5 matches of theirs he has refereed since !
Been lot of debate on the Saurez penalty at the weekend.As a ref yourself did you think it was a penalty if you dont mind me asking?

Let us hope he is better than Madley - somehow I don't think so.:unsure:

Whisper it quietly but we have had some reasonable refs over the last few games; ok the Chesterfield bloke forgot his red card but credit where it is due things are getting better and the less mouthy the players are the more decisions we get:unsure:.
Or is that another part of PB's cunning plan for football dominance and Shrimperspower?

When you win convincingly the ref doesn't matter. If we were 1-0 up and he had given that awful penalty, it was converted, and the ref also hadn't sent off Morsy then WW3 would have been declared against that ref. Lots of if's there, but we took the game away and didn't have to rely upon the ref not making an honest mistake.

I know this is Mick's job so I apologise, but just seen that the referees for this weekend's FA Cup ties have been confirmed. We have the privilege of welcoming a Premier League referee to Roots Hall in Lee Mason. Ironically, he was the referee when we were hammered 4-0 by Hull in 2007 in our Championship season.

What's ironic about that; I guess you mean coincidentally ?

Boring fact of the day:

Hull have failed to win an away match when Lee Mason was the referee. Losing to Wolves (1-0), Doncaster (3-1) and Everton (5-1) while drawing with Chelsea (0-0).

I've just done some research.
Lee Mason was born in Hull , supported them as a boy and has a Tiger tattoo on his right leg.
I've got a bad feeling...............

I've just done some research.
Lee Mason was born in Hull , supported them as a boy and has a Tiger tattoo on his right leg.
I've got a bad feeling...............

Do some proper research. You would have found out he has a tattoo of Phil Brown playing an electric guitar surrounded by the cast from Biker Grove on his back with an apache helicopter flying over on fire .... could swing either way ....

Do some proper research. You would have found out he has a tattoo of Phil Brown playing an electric guitar surrounded by the cast from Biker Grove on his back with an apache helicopter flying over on fire .... could swing either way ....

But Browns guitar playing days were when he was at Hull , so that just confirms my suspicions.
Also , you canny get mur Northern than Byka growve pet !

Back