• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Angell Delight

Life President
....awful, absolutely dreadful - worst this season for me. He let FAR too much go and it caused him to completely lose control of the game later on. Williamson's challenge on Maher was terrible and (had the referee seen it) would have surely been punished with a bare minimum yellow card. Gutts was let off for a couple of lunges but where we really got lucky was in the 2nd half - did anyone else see that dreadful high and late challenge by Gutts on Williamson (just above the knee) on half-way just in front of the West? For me it was a clear red and the referee who was at max 5 yards away started to put his whistle to his mouth but gave nothing. We all know how important Gutts is to the side and a 3-match ban could have put the skids under our promotion chances - thankfully though the referee tonight was diabolical. I'm surprised Tilly took so long to sub Gutts to be honest with the game safe, would have thought he'd have wanted to protect him from what I saw as a more than probable 2nd booking a lot sooner than he did.

Aideed and abetted by his 'trusty' assistants
ghostface.gif

Tonight's ref and the Yeovil ref were both absolutely shocking.

Up until these two games I thought the standard of officials had improved. I thought to soon (as ever
laugh.gif
).

Thought the ref was pretty good, he let the play flow and had a good control of the game.
Well until he started booking everyone, don't think his lino's were much cop either, players jumping in the air for nothing and not telling the ref he got it wrong.
The ref on saturday for Yeovil was the worst I've seen for years, total crap!
mad.gif

and he booked Prior for trying to bring some humour into the game. We can't enjoy football after all can we.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Feb. 11 2006,08:53)]Thought the ref was pretty good, he let the play flow and had a good control of the game.
Well until he started booking everyone, don't think his lino's were much cop either, players jumping in the air for nothing and not telling the ref he got it wrong.
The ref on saturday for Yeovil was the worst I've seen for years, total crap!
mad.gif
I agree... I've seen far, far worse refs. The decision making was almost spot on (except when his assistants got it wrong) and he refrained from yellow carding for as long as possible. I don't like seeing too many bookings but the players really gave him no option in the end.

Rotherham resorted to cheating in the 2nd half and the ref fell for it. I remember Williamson being a dirty so and so from our play off game at Northampton last season and he again acted like a **** tonight. Completely lost his cool and should've been sent off after bad challenges on both Guttridge and Maher, and diving after he ran past Guttridge. That ginger midget was diving all over the place, too. He wasn't the worst ref I've seen this season and in the 1st half he was fairly good but he was too lenient at times and fell for Rotherham's cheating.

Back