• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Referendum on Europe date to be announced today

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Breaking news this morning on the Beeb's breakfast prog. Prepare for being bombarded in all directions by propaganda.

Good news, shows that us ordinary folk can have a say if we unite and demand action. Most politicians think we are unworthy to make such a decision and done their best to stop us having a referendum. Now they can't do it quick enough as they are frightened we might derail their cosy but vastly expensive gravy train.

I don't mind being bombarded, I can always stop listening if it gets too much. What I do want is unbiased advice so that I can make my own mind up rather than be brow beaten by others. I start from being inclined to stay in the EU..................

Distraction politics. The referendum only exists because Cameron is sure of a win. All major parties want an in vote so that is what we will get and then Cameron will swan around like he has saved the world. Anyone who wants to leave should be thoroughly depressed right now - you are being represented by Farage, Galloway and Gove - how are they going to galvanise the country? Your chance to have your say is effectively being taken away from you because it's being done at a time and manner where your views will be represented by a cobbled together gang of misfits.
Sooner the better, it's a forgone conclusion and a waste of time and money, get it out of the way.

Distraction politics. The referendum only exists because Cameron is sure of a win. All major parties want an in vote so that is what we will get and then Cameron will swan around like he has saved the world. Anyone who wants to leave should be thoroughly depressed right now - you are being represented by Farage, Galloway and Gove - how are they going to galvanise the country? Your chance to have your say is effectively being taken away from you because it's being done at a time and manner where your views will be represented by a cobbled together gang of misfits.
Sooner the better, it's a forgone conclusion and a waste of time and money, get it out of the way.

I'm a bit confused, you obviously can't be talking about the EU referendum so I can only assume your referring to the next GE. Don't be so defeatist there's still time to change Corbyn.

I'm a bit confused, you obviously can't be talking about the EU referendum so I can only assume your referring to the next GE. Don't be so defeatist there's still time to change Corbyn.
The exit crowd have no one of worth fighting their corner so your opportunity has been snatched away from you before it's even started. Agreed on the GE that Cameron will use winning a referendum against Farage and Galloway to show what a great statesman he is. I empathise with you as well as me - we are both being stitched up.
Get it out of the way and maybe they can then focus in the housing crisis or recruiting some doctors or something of value.

The exit crowd have no one of worth fighting their corner so your opportunity has been snatched away from you before it's even started. Agreed on the GE that Cameron will use winning a referendum against Farage and Galloway to show what a great statesman he is. I empathise with you as well as me - we are both being stitched up.
Get it out of the way and maybe they can then focus in the housing crisis or recruiting some doctors or something of value.

We could easily solve the housing and NHS crisis without it costing the country a single penny. Simply vote out of the EU.

Housing would be solved in five years and the NHS in about twelve months. Why because we would simply make visitors have insurance, like the USA.

Housing would be solved in five years and the NHS in about twelve months. Why because we would simply make visitors have insurance, like the USA.

Someone I know has had to attend Queens at Romford this week, he was shocked at the number of obviously non-British patients, the rudeness of people and the expectations being placed on the staff.

For me, the NHS is clear, it should be free only to those who have contributed or who have been born in this country. Anyone else should have insurance or must pay. Simple.

Someone I know has had to attend Queens at Romford this week, he was shocked at the number of obviously non-British patients, the rudeness of people and the expectations being placed on the staff.

For me, the NHS is clear, it should be free only to those who have contributed or who have been born in this country. Anyone else should have insurance or must pay. Simple.

People who work in A&E tell me that in recent years whiplash scams have gone through the roof. Usually Eastern European or Asian they arrive 4 at a time in ambulances after allegedly being the victims of a rear end shunt. Cost the NHS millions whilst our vehicle insurance continues to rise. Because of course we have to pay for their bogus claims.

Back on topic, 23rd June is being tipped as the date for the referendum.

We could easily solve the housing and NHS crisis without it costing the country a single penny. Simply vote out of the EU.

As the out campaign has no leaders I doubt we will have a chance to find out. For the housing crisis to be solved you need a mass building program or....do you think an EU exist means repatriation? If so I think we would be lacking in builders. And repatriation would be such a massive undertaking - the bureaucracy would stop the system getting anything else done. The bureaucracy for the exist strategy as a whole I foresee leaving the civil service tied up for....a long time - the workforce being slash won't have been done with this in mind. You'd have to have someone with a passion for it involved and clearly that is not Cameron - maybe they would ask Farage but he couldn't even manage the paperwork for his own resignation!

As the out campaign has no leaders I doubt we will have a chance to find out. For the housing crisis to be solved you need a mass building program or....do you think an EU exist means repatriation? If so I think we would be lacking in builders. And repatriation would be such a massive undertaking - the bureaucracy would stop the system getting anything else done. The bureaucracy for the exist strategy as a whole I foresee leaving the civil service tied up for....a long time - the workforce being slash won't have been done with this in mind. You'd have to have someone with a passion for it involved and clearly that is not Cameron - maybe they would ask Farage but he couldn't even manage the paperwork for his own resignation!

Housing is like any commodity if the demand outstrips the supply then it will rise. Likewise if we reduce immigration to a manageable level so that more leave the country than arrive then we wont have to build a town, with all the relevant infrastructure, the size of Southend every year for the next 20 years.

Of course throwing scare stories like 'repatriation' around is something you lefties invent because you can't stand the simple truth. British workers and those that come to actually work in this country will be much better off with wages, housing, education and the NHS when we leave the failing EU.

Second the idea of non-biased This Is What Leaving Means, This Is What Staying Means. At this rate I'm not voting purely on the basis of I don't have enough info to make a decent call on this. At least last election it was a simple case of "Cameron's a dick, Labour are ueless, the Lib Dems might as well be dead, I wish UKIP was dead, so Greens it is!"

Housing is like any commodity if the demand outstrips the supply then it will rise. Likewise if we reduce immigration to a manageable level so that more leave the country than arrive then we wont have to build a town, with all the relevant infrastructure, the size of Southend every year for the next 20 years.

Of course throwing scare stories like 'repatriation' around is something you lefties invent because you can't stand the simple truth. British workers and those that come to actually work in this country will be much better off with wages, housing, education and the NHS when we leave the failing EU.
Capitalism relies on growth. Every country in the world (with the exception of Syria I guess) has population increase. Even UKIP say they will welcome immigration from other parts of the world. Our population will increase - they only potential change is where the increase comes from.
I was never elected as a spokesperson for the left I just speak for myself. I said there was housing issues and you said that would be solved by leaving the EU. Where do all the people disappear to? I was asking a question, do you think there would be repatriation or do you think a significant number if French, Polish, Irish, English, etc would no longer see the UK as somewhere they want to live?

Second the idea of non-biased This Is What Leaving Means, This Is What Staying Means. At this rate I'm not voting purely on the basis of I don't have enough info to make a decent call on this. At least last election it was a simple case of "Cameron's a dick, Labour are ueless, the Lib Dems might as well be dead, I wish UKIP was dead, so Greens it is!"
Agreed. Facts that both sides agree on would be most welcome. Not sure such a thing exists though.

Would be interested to know how many were around at the time we actually were taken into Europe. What we have now is nothing at all like what was promised. I suspect there may be rather more older "out" voters, and rather more "in" voters on that basis.

Capitalism relies on growth. Every country in the world (with the exception of Syria I guess) has population increase. Even UKIP say they will welcome immigration from other parts of the world. Our population will increase - they only potential change is where the increase comes from.
I was never elected as a spokesperson for the left I just speak for myself. I said there was housing issues and you said that would be solved by leaving the EU. Where do all the people disappear to? I was asking a question, do you think there would be repatriation or do you think a significant number if French, Polish, Irish, English, etc would no longer see the UK as somewhere they want to live?

Don't forget the Brit ex-pats in the EU who would have to return.

Last edited:
So it would appear that 6 cabinet ministers have decided to back the "out" campaign so far. They all seem to be be local MP's around the south east home counties or London Boroughs.

Michael Gove - Surrey Heath
Ian Duncan Smith - Chingford
Theresa Villiers - Barnet
Priti Patel - Witham
John Wittingdale - Maldon
Chris Grayling - Epsom

The 2 yet undecided are:

Boris Johnson - Uxbridge
Michael Falllon - Sevenoaks

The media reported that the Conservative party had expected 5 members would opt to leave, so having 6 MP's leave and a possible 2 more, may have come as a bit of a surprise.

Back