• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Refuse collection.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I'm sure many homeowners, cats and foxes are aware that household refuse will be collected one day later this week due to the bank holiday.

My question is how does refuse collection get back in sync?

I have never seen a dustcart operating at a weekend so I can only assume refuse collectors manage to squeeze all collections into four days.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

I know that if I managed to fit five days work into four I am pretty sure my salary would be reduced by 20% or I would be expected to up my productivity by 25%.

Last edited:
I'm sure many homeowners, cats and foxes are aware that household refuse will be collected one day later this week due to the bank holiday.

I have never seen a dustcart operating at a weekend so I can only assume refuse collectors manage to do squeeze all collections into four days.

I know that if I managed to fit five days work into four I am pretty sure my salary would be reduced by 20% or I would be expected to up my productivity by 25%.

They work Saturday for overtime

I have never seen a dustcart operating at a weekend so I can only assume refuse collectors manage to do squeeze all collections into four days.

I believe they do work on Saturdays to make up the day MC - perhaps they are only too aware of your reputation as a 'serious face' and avoid your area at the weekend for fear of disturbing your slumbers?

How I pour scorn on those neighbours who put their rubbish out on the incorrect day! Fools!

(I however in no way have ever done this myself. No, didn't do it, wasn't me).

MC, what happens if you take a day off work? Does the work actually get done by a colleague in your absence, or is it to all intents and purposes still waiting to be done on your return with no extension to the deadline?

MC, what happens if you take a day off work? Does the work actually get done by a colleague in your absence, or is it to all intents and purposes still waiting to be done on your return with no extension to the deadline?

When I take a day of it doesn't inconvenience homeowners nationwide and more importantly myself.

That said I do a lot of my thinking outside the office and when I am not at work I am still being productive.

Last edited:
When I take a day off the roll out the Network Rail monkey. His name is Roger and I'm worried he's going to be promoted above me....

Have you got nothing more exciting in your life than wondering when the Bin men are coming next???!!!!!

There's no need to have a pop, son. The thread has obviously caught your imagination.

Besides, I dont know whether anyone else has this but I reckon the foxes have deffo caught on at how to get the food waste out of those stupid blue boxes we've been given. They just knock the ****s over so the handle moves round and then prise the ****er open. Yesterday I had teabags, half-eaten weetabix, apple cores and a mouldy cucumber strewn across mine and the next-door neighbours path.

I keep the foxes off of my my bins by discarding the bones from fried chicken portions in my neighbours front garden.

Last edited:
When I take a day of it doesn't inconvenience homeowners nationwide and more importantly myself.

That said I do a lot of my thinking outside the office and when I am not at work I am still being productive.

I personally think taking a day off does inconvenience you. If you take, say, a Friday off you spend the first four days rushing around trying to get everything done in four days, and if you take, say, a Monday off you spend the rest of the week trying to catch up.

I personally think taking a day off does inconvenience you. If you take, say, a Friday off you spend the first four days rushing around trying to get everything done in four days, and if you take, say, a Monday off you spend the rest of the week trying to catch up.

good point. the other issue i have is that the same people save up their annual leave and take most of it off in August (fairly understandable if you have kids)... however it leaves the rest of us year after year being denied august annual leave and having to cover all their work. get's on my wick. However I'm saving up mine to have 3 weeks off for the wedding, I'm gonna leave lots of loose ends and get my own back!

Back