• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Refwatch .... Bolton (H)

Quite like refs like this that don't take any nonsence, although there's clearly a fine line that can't be crossed.
The no nonsense ref of the Liverpool game last night. Strict prompt loud quick effective whilst still letting the game flow.
Or Pierre Luigi thingy from the past with game controlling eyes.
The one in this pic above has a game controlling beard and nose!
What happened in the incident pictured ??

Yes, possible that he might be under going some retraining?
What history does he have with us?

Nothing out of the ordinary. Fourteen games in which by and large he's been decent.
He was in charge of that unforgettable Cup replay at Brentford when Paul Smith had the game of his life. Referee Drysdale rushed to shake his hand at the end of the match.

He made the headlines a couple of seasons back when he assisted a player who had swallowed his tongue in a match at Morecambe.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Fourteen games in which by and large he's been decent.
He was in charge of that unforgettable Cup replay at Brentford when Paul Smith had the game of his life. Referee Drysdale rushed to shake his hand at the end of the match.

He made the headlines a couple of seasons back when he assisted a player who had swallowed his tongue in a match at Morecambe.

He wasn't that good. He saved the penalty with the wrong hand don't ya know!

I haven't seen the incident, but I have a lot of sympathy for referees in this respect - how they don't lose it more often is beyond me, they are human beings after all.

I suppose he will be made an example of and have the book thrown at him - I just wish the 'powers that be' (and I use the term in its loosest form) had the balls to actually deal with bad player behaviour.

Just seen it on tv.
Obviously something was said so this will end with players from both sides validating who said what.

Y
Agreed. Not what I’d usually expect from a referee but not something he needs disciplining for. Refs take a load of abuse. All that guy has done is stand his ground.
You see significantly worse from players every match - and nothing is done, how they've charged him with anything is beyond me

So according to the echo Mr Drysdale is not in charge for Saturday. Quite ridiculous if you ask me but there you go.

Back