• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Refwatch .... Bolton (H)

So according to the echo Mr Drysdale is not in charge for Saturday. Quite ridiculous if you ask me but there you go.

I kind of agree, but it might also be seen as sensible to give him a week off and keep him out of the firing line...

So according to the echo Mr Drysdale is not in charge for Saturday. Quite ridiculous if you ask me but there you go.

Indeed he has been binned for Saturday and Tuesday, at least.

Declan Bourne will be his replacement. One extreme to the other in terms of experience.

Refs can’t get involved in nonsense like he did. Imagine if that were the norm, it would soon move towards pushing and shoving and then further. His weapons are his cards. It’s right that he has a suspension.

Refs can’t get involved in nonsense like he did. Imagine if that were the norm, it would soon move towards pushing and shoving and then further. His weapons are his cards. It’s right that he has a suspension.

I understand what you are saying, but neither should players, They are not punshined enough, IMO players should not be allowed to approach refs (only the captain - though not like how Kohli did it in the cricket!)

I understand what you are saying, but neither should players, They are not punshined enough, IMO players should not be allowed to approach refs (only the captain - though not like how Kohli did it in the cricket!)
I agree. But that’s besides the point. Refs have the moral high ground and for that get the support and respect of most normal people. If they lower themselves to the standards of the players then really if players start shoving and bullying a 50 year old wimp of a ref, what’s wrong with that?

Without knowing who said or did what , I hope the Drysdale incident serves as some sort of catalyst for clamping down on players having a free rein on how they behave.
I don't for a moment think it will though.
Of course he should have acted with more restraint , but he's only human and part of me likes the fact that he reacted.
Whatever Judge said , Drysdale felt it was completely over the top , so maybe he should have simply sent him off ?
Anyway , when the dust settles I think there will be the majority on the side of the ref here and I think Ipswich may have made more of a negative vibe for themselves than they already have.
I think it's right to take him out of the next match or so as I'm sure it would have had some adverse affect in how he managed the game , fearing that he had to be more lenient and soft maybe ?

Agreed. Not what I’d usually expect from a referee but not something he needs disciplining for. Refs take a load of abuse. All that guy has done is stand his ground.
About time that a ref broke cover Watching the Blues on iFollow has brought home to me the amount of foul mouthed abuse they get from the players What a way to earn a living
I wouldn’t have lasted 5 mins
Managers should take a long hard look at the way in which they clearly incite their players to try and bully the ref to obtain a marginal advantage
I’m with the ref here

About time refs stopped taking crap from jumped up bloody prima donnas.....surely it's time for the F.A to give refs and lino's a bit more respect and protection....similar to rugby

Back