• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Refwatch .......... Dorking (A)

Mick

Life President
We travel to Dorking for the first time ever to play our second League match against them having won the home match 2-0 back in November. And, of course, we beat them in the Trophy last season too.

Currently, the referee is Scott Tallis from Coventry.

He works in sales at a logistics and supply chain organisation and is now in his third season at this level, having shown a decidedly average 43 yellow and 2 red cards from his 14 games.

It will be his fifth Southend match, the first three all being at Roots Hall last season. Firstly, he was in charge of our comprehensive beating by Chesterfield back in October. I don’t think too much blame was attributed to him and the match was cardless. More recently he presided over the draw with Maidenhead. One all in goals and one all in yellow cards – ours went to Kacper. Again, not too much wrong with the officiating. Then towards the end of the season he took charge of our win against Boreham Wood. Five yellow cards – Dunne, Cardwell and three of theirs. Yet again, I thought he did fine.

Earlier this season he took charge of our away match at Wealdstone. A victory and plenty of probably deserved yellows. Three for them and Mooney, Husin and Scott-Morriss (twice, so also a red) for us.

So four games – two wins, one draw and one defeat. His only previous Dorking match was their defeat at Halifax.

Assistants are Connall Bartlett from Burgess Hill and David Nicholson from Bicester. Londoner, George Warren stands by as Fourth Official.

I thought he did ok, bit of falling over and pseudo injuries, very vocal similar to a rugby ref explaining as he went.

As an aside, we saw their No33 in McDonald's at Cobham after the match - clearly a Fillet of fish recharges/regenerates the brain cells :Moon:

I would have thought a basic pre-requisite for referees of any level would be that they have some sort of concept as to what 10 yards looks like. If not, and the moron Tallis didn’t, he should have taken an f***ing tape measure with him.

Back