• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reg Varney - R.I.P.

Unlike any English cricketer of late - a damn good innings. God bless you Lord Reg.

varney-460_1115033c.jpg

I remember looking at a teletext page probably 10 years ago or more and one of the title things at the top left, which I suppose was the equivalent of a quick link, said Reg Var.

I assumed this was an abbreviation for Reg Varney, and had a quick look as I presumed he must have died. Anyway, it turned out it was about the other tv programmes that day and was an abbreviation for Regional Variations.

Dont know why I remember that and a pointless post, but there you go.

92!!? blimey..didnt realise

still, 'More room on top', as they say in all good British comedies from that era.

am i right in saying that the programmes were filmed at Hadleigh bus Depo or has my old man been pulling my leg all them years telling me so , it was his favourite program and have fond memories of him cracking up whilkst watching them .

Last edited:

The world's first cash machine (hole in the wall or ATM) was installed at Barclays in Enfield. It was opened on 27 June by Reg Varney of On the Buses fame

Back