• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Regarding Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame because if Stan didn't throw his toys out of the pram every 5 minutes it could of been quite useful but I think he's proven himself yet again to be too much of a loose cannon to be able to put up with anyone not agreeing with him god forbid.

It wasn't really a case of not agreeing with him. You get people calling him out and trying to mug him off on here and that's unacceptable
Bear in mind he is now employed by the club so what he was posting on here should now be facts.

Plenty on here would still argue with facts so it's pointless Stan posting.

On one hand we are asking for more comms from the club and when we get it, we laugh in it's face.

It's better coming from club statements going forward in my opinion so that every fan gets the information at the same level

Last edited:
Not sure about all of this.

There was a time in a far distant land not so long ago, when any SUFC, that's ANY kind of transparency was null and void.

Of course, we don't want other clubs to know who we're signing afore their signature is on a contract, whether temporary or permanent.

But we all deserve to know the so-called 'inner workings'. Why not?

I don't mean salaries etc, but club policy; reactions to concerns over tickets, match days at Roots Hall, and what is being done about it? Up to date stuff on ground development (sigh), and other things that have given us hope off the pitch since Mr C's return.

Having dealt with 'club information releases' a large part of my working life, they're often not worth the paper they're mostly not printed on these days.

Too much gloss; not enough substance is my experience.
Agree about the crap comms and silly biannual ron statements that say nothing.

Hopefully stan can oversee a lot more transparency and regular updates via the proper channels.

Stan started by robustly challenging those who questioned his views. That includes me and he put me right on several issues. He did so with courtesy and so helped to shape my views and better understand what was going on.

But that was a while ago. More recently he has been jumping on those who choose to be non-believers. Rather than trust the mods to jump on any trolling and not to get dragged in to keep defending himself to those he knows are not listening until they see the fruits of his labour (and isn’t that their right), stating time and again he would not be disrespected. He really needed to stop doing that, or he will indeed start loosing the very respect he demands.

On a more positive note, another piece of the jigsaw seems to has been put in place but it will take time before we see the complete picture. Stan will get all the respect in the world if his ideas turn this club around and allows us to puff our chests out with pride again.

I too missed this post (being a woman there are not many things I miss ?).

I think with all the recent changes there are things going on in the background that we are not aware of and some things we are aware of. Sometimes it is a hard one to call as we all want flowing communication from the club and I think with Stans recent posts it has (at minimum) given us some of us that reassurance.

Let’s hope the communications continue

Im pleased Stan no longer posts the clubs inner activities on here. I respect Stans enthusiasm and desire in what he does and his quest for transparency, but my personal view is that the clubs inner dealings should be kept within the club and that the only information outlet should be the clubs official information releases via agreed channels, and not by an individual ad-hoc on a discussion forum. It didnt feel a good way to carry on a business throwing out the inner workings to the general public and discussing them. So whether its Stans decision or he's been reigned in, I think its a good thing. Hopefully, more positively, it will also enable Stan to do what he does best without distraction or any perceived abuse.

I agree but I think that the problem is that there hasn't really been much in official communication or any communication for some time.

It's a shame that Stan has had to leave the zone but like anyone else who posts on here, it's his decision to do so.

This is a post I put up yesterday regarding Stan, but it seems a lot of members missed it as it was hidden away in a thread, I think it is time we moved on from all the speculation and she said he said comments in a lot of threads and move on.

There have been debates upon debates on here about Stan which have mostly been received by the majority of members as good news and very informative for us all. There has also been the other side of the coin where we have seen quite a few with differing opinions. We as The Zone are here for that very reason so members can join in debates and air their views opposing or not within our rules.

What has happened though is that we have never had so many members having to be put on moderated posts and for the Mods to vet all of them which is not fair on them. This has created a storm we never wanted. We were in danger of becoming "StanZone"

Whilst I appreciate Stan coming on here and giving us information it causes far to much friction and I feel he is best to stick to the zoom calls and club announcements.

We are an INDEPENDANT SUFC fans forum with no ties to the club, this is how we want it and as Stan is now an employee of SUFC it is in all our best interests to inform us only as a Club Representative.

Stan has asked us to close his account and we have done so.

UTB and lets hope we can get back to winning ways tomorrow night.

Thanks John, I hadn’t seen it before either. I feel that was the right thing to do. We need positivity around the club to get results and whether it is just a minority or not, some negatively responded to Stan’s posts either on the zone or social media in general and Stan felt the need to reply. This exacerbated the negativity from some.

Kev needs all the help he can get at the moment. Let’s all hope the management team can start getting some points on the board and that will do all the talking needed.

Last edited:
Stan started by robustly challenging those who questioned his views. That includes me and he put me right on several issues. He did so with courtesy and so helped to shape my views and better understand what was going on.

But that was a while ago. More recently he has been jumping on those who choose to be non-believers. Rather than trust the mods to jump on any trolling and not to get dragged in to keep defending himself to those he knows are not listening until they see the fruits of his labour (and isn’t that their right), stating time and again he would not be disrespected. He really needed to stop doing that, or he will indeed start loosing the very respect he demands.

On a more positive note, another piece of the jigsaw seems to has been put in place but it will take time before we see the complete picture. Stan will get all the respect in the world if his ideas turn this club around and allows us to puff our chests out with pride again.
The goal of the trolls is to grind people down so they react. And somehow the victim of the trolling who reacts sometimes somehow gets called out rather than the trolls.

I can understand Stan reacting. But as I have said if I was him I would have seen it all coming and not bothered with the transparency in the first place.

It's a shame because if Stan didn't throw his toys out of the pram every 5 minutes it could of been quite useful but I think he's proven himself yet again to be too much of a loose cannon to be able to put up with anyone not agreeing with him god forbid.
Thing is, he's not your average forum poster who you can have differing opinions with. He has been in the game for decades, now works for the club, knows what is happening behind the scenes and really only brings facts. He's much better-informed than you are, so it just comes across as though you are disagreeing with him for the sake of it and to seek attention.

Thing is, he's not your average forum poster who you can have differing opinions with. He has been in the game for decades, now works for the club, knows what is happening behind the scenes and really only brings facts. He's much better-informed than you are, so it just comes across as though you are disagreeing with him for the sake of it and to seek attention.
That’s not really fair. Pro’s always big themselves up against the average punter that they know so much better, when in reality it’s their perspective that’s different. If you started watching your team when you were barely out of nappies and continue to do so when you’re claiming your pension, your view is as valid as anyone else’s.

That’s not really fair. Pro’s always big themselves up against the average punter that they know so much better, when in reality it’s their perspective that’s different. If you started watching your team when you were barely out of nappies and continue to do so when you’re claiming your pension, your view is as valid as anyone else’s.
But it's undeniable that he works for the club, is deeply involved with and knows the ins-and-outs of the work going on behind the scenes, and therefore brings facts to the table. Most of the people railing against him bring only uninformed opinion.

Stan has learnt the hard way that knowledge or inside info on a football forum makes you target. No matter who you are. The decision is best for him and the club. Despite the high profile/legend status amongst fans its also best for this forum.....There are some very long winter nights ahead, in more ways than one.

Besides why do so many of you demand to be updated on every micro detail. Most news seems to cause more upset than happiness, so the less the better I say.

In the past some very reliable posters have been silenced because people have demanded they reveal their source or accused them of "I know something you don't" etc. In some cases, including relatives of players, they were clearly targeted by trolls and fans from other clubs.

But it's undeniable that he works for the club, is deeply involved with and knows the ins-and-outs of the work going on behind the scenes, and therefore brings facts to the table. Most of the people railing against him bring only uninformed opinion.
Mmmm, I’m going to sleep on that one. It’s a decent point you make, but can we equate to not criticising Boris (or any right/left politicians) because they understand the Westminster bubble more than us.?

Ok, I’m not going to sleep on it. Would SUFC employ a supporter of 55 years + watching home and away, or SVC? Don’t bother answering.

So that leaves me one final point. When I was at school the best teachers never demanded respect. Only the insecure and inadequate ones who taught me f all

When I started my working life, well managers were pretty much the same.

I say this truly - without embarrassment - loving SVC.

Stan has learnt the hard way that knowledge or inside info on a football forum makes you target. No matter who you are. The decision is best for him and the club. Despite the high profile/legend status amongst fans its also best for this forum.....There are some very long winter nights ahead, in more ways than one.

Besides why do so many of you demand to be updated on every micro detail. Most news seems to cause more upset than happiness, so the less the better I say.

In the past some very reliable posters have been silenced because people have demanded they reveal their source or accused them of "I know something you don't" etc. In some cases, including relatives of players, they were clearly targeted by trolls and fans from other clubs.
I think you're saying no news is good news.
Can't agree.
'Most news' over the last three years has caused 'upset' - how could it not?
But not knowing has been worse.
I'm not sure who is to blame for comms pre-Stan, but frankly, it was dire.
Maybe, Ron put the block on media releases, and the poor media officer was left wringing his-her hands?
Even so, one hopes there will now be frank and regular updates whether good or bad.

I think it is the right decision for all parties....there is a reason why senior football club employees tend not to frequent football forums. Fingers crossed we will get regular updates via official channels but we have no entitlement nor need for micro updates on every decision being made by the club.

What was needed ( in my opinion ) was for the account to still be used, but in a different way.

as an employee of the club I don’t want Stan arguing with supporters or going backwards and forwards.
What I do like is little posts stating “ we are doing xxxx’ or “ re yyyy, we are still looking at it, update in x weeks’ —— but not then getting involved in discussion on the subject. Maybe adding clarification points if needed but not answering direct questions.

having said all that, if we do get regular zoom calls and updates in the website hopefully we will continue to be better informed than ever before

I don't think ever trolled him, even though some thought I did. I had reservations about some of his plans re: hiring a head of recruitment & on a forum I felt I had a right to air them.
The fact they seemed to have moved away from the original plans & have appointed John Still has delighted me because his experience & knowledge will be 2nd to none.

What was needed ( in my opinion ) was for the account to still be used, but in a different way.

as an employee of the club I don’t want Stan arguing with supporters or going backwards and forwards.
What I do like is little posts stating “ we are doing xxxx’ or “ re yyyy, we are still looking at it, update in x weeks’ —— but not then getting involved in discussion on the subject. Maybe adding clarification points if needed but not answering direct questions.

having said all that, if we do get regular zoom calls and updates in the website hopefully we will continue to be better informed than ever before
Precisely

Clearly Stan has decided that the official programme is the best organ for regular communication with supporters………

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back